PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Drive

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 16th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Mulholland Drive was the oddest thing I have ever seen in my whole life. I still have no clue what went on in that movie. :confused:

Jordan, you were right!! :o I think I'll need to see it again and figure out what is it all about!! :o

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 16th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Overrall, the movie was really good especially Naomi Watts!! :hearts:

rand
Apr 16th, 2003, 04:50 PM
a very good movie indeed...but I thought it was very much easy to understand than lost highway for example.....

Jordan.
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:10 PM
hehe, told you Matthew ;)

Naomi Watts is indeed :drool:

Some of the scenes were shocking IMO... :eek:

decemberlove
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:15 PM
never saw it...

i saw lost highway when i was 14... and had NO IDEA what was going on.

i havent seen it since then and i still wonder what its about. someone care to let me know?

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Some of the scenes were shocking IMO... :eek:
I have to agree with you! :eek:

Darkheart
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:21 PM
This is one of the more comprehensible Lynch films (his best IMO), but it's much better upon a second viewing.

rand
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:21 PM
never saw it...

i saw lost highway when i was 14... and had NO IDEA what was going on.

i havent seen it since then and i still wonder what its about. someone care to let me know?
lost highway is indeed a very difficult one.....how I interpreted it (I'm still not sure....),was basically: the main guy in the beginning really killed his wife, in the beginning, then he becomes crazy and invents himself a new life(in a dream), but the person is so fucked up that even that fake life he invented turns into a nightmare.....

The Crow
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:27 PM
lost highway is indeed a very difficult one.....how I interpreted it (I'm still not sure....),was basically: the main guy in the beginning really killed his wife, in the beginning, then he becomes crazy and invents himself a new life(in a dream), but the person is so fucked up that even that fake life he invented turns into a nightmare.....

One of the many possible interpretations ;)

And indeed, I too thought Mulholland Drive was a bit better understandable than Lost Highway.

Dava
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:48 PM
SPOILER-DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN FILM!

I have only figured one piece of the puzzle out. The car crash at the beginning (which is quite big) happens outside the house of the director, yet he does not even mention it, so he may have planned the assasination.

decemberlove
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:53 PM

aye thanks for your intepretation :)

Dava
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:55 PM
I think Mulholland Dr is similar. Basically the woman feels so used and full of self hatred she turns herself into a character who is innocent and talented, but still has the same fate.

Osssge
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Compared to Lost Highway, almost all movies look veery simple. MD was good but definitely not my favorite:)

I need to see Requem For A Dream tomorrow, btw. Anybody seen it? I heard it was great.

Osssge
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Hey, talking about weird movies... Does anybody know why 4 people the in the final scene of Reservoir Dogs while there are only 3 guns?

decemberlove
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:04 PM
I need to see Requem For A Dream tomorrow, btw. Anybody seen it? I heard it was great.

one of my very favorite movies :)

Maajken
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:10 PM
i love david lynch :worship:

but i thought lost highway was a bit easier to understand than mulholland drive, that made no sense at all! im gonna watch it a second time though :)

The Crow
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Hey, talking about weird movies... Does anybody know why 4 people the in the final scene of Reservoir Dogs while there are only 3 guns?

Is this true? Never noticed this...

Barrie_Dude
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Mulholland Drive was the oddest thing I have ever seen in my whole life. I still have no clue what went on in that movie. :confused:

Jordan, you were right!! :o I think I'll need to see it again and figure out what is it all about!! :o
Actually, the oddest thing I have ever seen also involves Jordan! It is the Menage' a trois that continues will Jordan, Leona Helmsley, and Martha Stewart! :eek:

propi
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:44 PM
I love that film!!!!!

Osssge
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Is this true? Never noticed this...

Yes, I did not realize it at first right after the movie. But later a friend asked me why everybody died while there were only 3 guns directed towards 3 people...

Hey, here's the infamous Madonna speech...

"Lemme tell you what Like a Virgin's about. It's all about this cooze, who's a regular fuck machine, I'm talkin' morning, day, night, afternoon, dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick!"

"How many dicks is that?"

"A lot.
"So one day she meets this John Holmes motherfucker and it's like, whoa baby. This cat's like Charles Bronson in the great escape, he's diggin' tunnels. Alright, now she's gettin' this serious dick action, and she's feeling something she ain't felt since forever. Pain. Pain. It hurts. It hurts her. It shouldn't hurt her, y'know, her pussy should be bubbling at him by now, but when this cat fucks her, it hurts.
"It hurts just like it did the first time. You see, the pain is reminding the fuck-machine what it was once like to be a virgin.
"Hence, Like a Virgin."

Osssge
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Crow, here's the story:)

Who shoots Nice Guy Eddie in the Mexican standoff?
It's Mr. White. If you play the tape in slow motion, you can see White pivot towards Nice Guy and fires just a split second after Nice Guy shoots White. It couldn't have been Orange, since Orange didn't have any bullets left after unloading on Mr. Blonde, and considering he was getting shot a second time (this time by Joe), he wouldn't have had the strength to hold a gun straight anyway. And it couldn't have been Mr. Pink, since he was hiding under the ramp, and because he was struggling to maintain professionalism throughout the aftermath of the heist, there's no way he would have gotten involved in the personal dispute.
However, Melvin Siew tells me that in Empire Magazine, a UK film magazine, there was a Chris Penn interview, where he said the following: "NOBODY shot Nice Guy Eddie. It was a mistake. What was supposed to happen -- and I don't know if Quentin's gonna like me for giving this away, but it's too late now, he never told me not to -- was Harvey Keitel was supposed to shoot Lawrence Tierney, then me, then get squibbed. But what happened was the squib on Harvey went right off after he shot Lawrence Tierney, so he went down, but MY squib went off, so I went down. So basically NOBODY shot Nice Guy Eddie. Quentin said, 'You know what? It'll be the biggest controversy of the film. We're leaving it.' " Hmm.

rand
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:07 AM
SPOILER-DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN FILM!

I have only figured one piece of the puzzle out. The car crash at the beginning (which is quite big) happens outside the house of the director, yet he does not even mention it, so he may have planned the assasination.
ALSO SPOILER
*cough*
the biggest hint in the film thoughis the first scene where the camera zooms more and more on the pillow

The Crow
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Arwenita, thanks! It's a long time ago I saw Reservoir dogs, but I remember my brother playing it in slow motion a few times cause he didn't understand why everyone fell down all of a sudden ;)

Osssge
Apr 17th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Yw, I also wondered why, so it's good to find the story behind it...

Barrie_Dude
Apr 17th, 2003, 04:24 PM
:drool: :drool: Mariah Carey :drool: :drool:

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 17th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Laura Elena Harring also hot! ;)

Osssge
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Requem For A Dream was great...