PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here like Gymnastics?

Libertango
Apr 16th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Hey guys, I just finished watching an old tape of the gymnastics at the Atlanta Olympics and wondered if there were any other fans out there?
I'm an especially big fan of:

Mo Huilan :hearts: (all-time fave!! :) :kiss: )
Dominique Dawes :worship:
Liu Xuan :D
Svetlana Khorkina
Yang Yun :)
Bo Yang
Betty Okino
Svetlana Boguinskaia :D
Gina Gogean

Anyone else a fan of gymnastics, who do you guys like? :)

Ting
Apr 16th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Hi:wavey:
I was gonna post a thread like this too but you did before me;)
I'm a huge fan of gymnastics too, and here are my favorites:
Andreea Raducan:worship::worship::worship:
Elena Zamolodchikova:kiss:
Verona Van De Leur:kiss:
And all the other Chinese gymnasts, especially Yang Yun & Zhang Nan:D

JonBcn
Apr 16th, 2003, 11:23 AM
I like gymnasts, but thats probably not what you meant...

propi
Apr 16th, 2003, 11:37 AM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
:kiss: Simona Amanar from Romania :kiss:
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Svetlana Khorkina! :hearts: :kiss:

maratski
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Khorkina is the best and Van de Leur is the dutch pride :)

Libertango
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:14 PM
What ever happened to that American girl, Dominique Moceanu? I heard somewhere that she got into some trouble.

Anyone know anything?

Well the last I heard (and this is quite a long time ago) was that she was totally estranged from her parents and tried to make a comeback for Sydney 2000 but got injured and was nowhere near good enough.
Its a real shame about Mo because she was so talented, but I cant help think 'burn-out'. She was an Olympic gold medallist at 14 :eek: and had already been to a world champs at 13. After 1996 I think she had loads of problems, both in gymnastics and in her private life :sad:

Nicoleke
Apr 16th, 2003, 02:16 PM
I really liked Us team is Olympic 1996, Shannon Miller, Dominique Moceanu, Kerry Strug and especially Daminique Dawes my all - time favourite.

I really liked romanian team too. Lavigna Milosovici was my " favourite " :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

Cariaoke
Apr 16th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Dominique Dawes was my absolute favorite...
after the '96 Olympics, RIGHT IN MY OWN CITY!!!!!!!!!, I kinda dropped gymnastics for tennis.

But I've always admired Khorkina's grace.

Libertango
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Yay, great to see so many Dominique Dawes :angel: fans!! She is certainly my second fave ever (behind Mo ;) )
I always felt with Dom that she was one of the most talented gymnasts ever but just never fulfilled it. I think her problem was in her head. At worlds 93 and 94 and Atlanta Olympics she had the chance for gold but blew it with mistakes (usually on vault! :mad: ) and always just finished out the medals :(

Ting
Apr 17th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Maybe it's just me...but do any of you find any resemblance between Dominique Moceanu and Andreea Raducan?