PDA

View Full Version : Julie, you're our resident pharmacist... please help me

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:16 PM
I am soon to start a course of anti-histamine (sp?) tablets to help stop my catarrh and sinus problems.

The big thing is, can I drink whilst using these drugs, or is it like antibiotics where some you can't drink with and some you can (you know I'm talking beer here).

The tablets are called Loratidine (10mg tablets)

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:07 AM
oh no, oh no oh no oh no!

SueBarker
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Could I ask a quick question please?

You know those slimming pills? Do they work? I'm considering sending the Burger King some. Oh, and Rosie. They bring the tone of the Wimbledon coverage down by being present. They haven't kept themselves in shape like me.

Dava
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Sue how Orange are you exactly?

SueBarker
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Not as orange as David Dickinson.

Besides, it's all natural, like my enormous talent.

decemberlove
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:25 AM
I had anti-histamine tablets when I had bad hayfever, and I wouldn't recommend drinking.

After a few drinks I was nearly legless. It makes you incredibly drowsy!!!!! :o

and dont be such a pisspot. those warning labels are there for a reason. so you know what xactly to take to get you all messed up ;)

per4ever
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:34 AM
*bump for Julie*

Big Fat Pink Elephant
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:46 AM
I am soon to start a course of anti-histamine (sp?) tablets to help stop my catarrh and sinus problems.

The big thing is, can I drink whilst using these drugs, or is it like antibiotics where some you can't drink with and some you can (you know I'm talking beer here).

The tablets are called Loratidine (10mg tablets)
I am on a antibiotics cure (tetralysal, lymecycline) for 3 months - ending in May. and errrr i've been drinking... :eek: :o But i guess i would have noticed it if i couldn't have done that, right? :o

Barrie_Dude
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:41 PM
Where is the lovely Julie? Is she recovering from another wild night on the town? :rolleyes:

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:43 PM
She's probably enjoying this lovely weather, don't blame her if she is.

Barrie_Dude
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:47 PM
She's probably enjoying this lovely weather, don't blame her if she is.
Well, if she's gone outside, lets hope that she has remembered to get dressed first this time! ;) :p :rolleyes:

Julie
Apr 16th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Im here im here, loratidine is one of the non sedating antihistamines and should therefore be ok. It certainly doesnt come with the warnings to avoid alcohol, like certain meds do. And in my personal experience - it has never been a problem for me ;)

Dont you just love me joey :p :p

And yes barri - i put my bikini on!!!

Barrie_Dude
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:10 PM
And yes barri - i put my bikini on!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... In The "Dental Floss" Again, I see! ;) :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :kiss: Yummy! You look fantastic! :hearts: :kiss: :drool:

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Julie, that's the best news I've heard all day! I thank you! mwah!

After the footy season though I'm cutting down on my beer and kebab diet as I'll be in training to run the Nottingham half marathon in September, currently I'd struggle to run half a mile! Oh I yearn for the stamina I had when I was 10... where did it all go wrong.

Julie
Apr 17th, 2003, 09:08 AM
Youre were probably the sedating ones, indeed, im guessing at piriton (Chlorpheniramine) next time ask for the non sedating ones. ;)

Barrie_Dude
Apr 17th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Oh dear, does that make me a lightweight then?!? :o

Mine must have been the sedating ones, although I can't remember a warning. Damn pharmacist, taking advantage of me like that...

Well, you know the way those phamacist's are! :rolleyes: ;) :p