PDA

View Full Version : The AFL Thread (Australian Football League).....Aussies and those interested (*_*)

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:37 PM
I follow the Bombers (Essendon)....who do you follow etc....NRL welcome as well to chat and psych out other teams hehe....used to follow Manly untill they merged.

P.S......Carlton Fans not welcome for at least a week (Joking) :wavey:

Sharapova's_Boy
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:39 PM
C'mon the Power! :)

Lord Chips
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:43 PM
I follow the Lions as best as I can which isn't easy in London. As for the NRL, c'mon the Worriors!

DutchieGirl
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Is this an AFL thread, or an AFL/rugby thread. I don't follow rugby at all, so I don't wanna be bored! :p

*btw, I'm just sour coz Freo's got more wins than my team* ;) (So you can guess who it is then) ;)

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Is this an AFL thread, or an AFL/rugby thread. I don't follow rugby at all, so I don't wanna be bored! :p

*btw, I'm just sour coz Freo's got more wins than my team* ;) (So you can guess who it is then) ;)

Hmmmm hard to tell this early in the season :-) :wavey:

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:16 PM
C'mon the Power! :)

You stole Gavin :sad: ok....his choice...but I still can't boo him like other Bomber supporters :wavey: Great Player

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:18 PM

OK.....I think it will be an AFL thread....but Rugby was gonna come in at some stage Inkster ;)

DutchieGirl
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:52 PM
lol it's not too early to guess who my team is! They are the only team without a win so far this season! :o

*Bloody Pussies* ;)

grr@rugby! ;) Geez, you can tell I'm Victorian can't ya? ;) :p

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:18 PM
lol it's not too early to guess who my team is! They are the only team without a win so far this season! :o

*Bloody Pussies* ;)

grr@rugby! ;) Geez, you can tell I'm Victorian can't ya? ;) :p

Well we have one win LOL.....I havn't looked at the ladder yet...scared to LOL :eek:

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Well we have one win LOL.....I havn't looked at the ladder yet...scared to LOL :eek:

The "Bulldogs?"...havn't seen them win.

DutchieGirl
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Bulldogs have won - they beat my team in round 2 - I thought the "bloody pussies" comment would give it away! ;)

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:27 PM
OMG Geelong????....OMG they were so good pre-season!!!

Lord Chips
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:29 PM
grr@rugby!
:eek: Rugby rules! (although I'd rather watch the Super 12s then the NRL)

DutchieGirl
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:33 PM
yup, Geelong! They are so damn frustrating! SF in the Wizard Cup, beating Brissy in the first round, and now they are 0-3 in the real season! pfffffffff

David - rugby sucks! :p I'm a Victorian, I'll never embrace rugby! ;) Get used to it! hehe

Lord Chips
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:45 PM
David - rugby sucks! :p I'm a Victorian, I'll never embrace rugby! ;) Get used to it! hehe :rolleyes: You dont know what your missing out on

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:50 PM
:wavey: My Brothers other Half's Dad used to coach the Cerbrus Union Team....still don't know the rules fully LOL

Lord Chips
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Havent heard of them. Most professional players dont know the rules theses days. Neither do the refs for that matter!

DutchieGirl
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:53 PM
:rolleyes: You dont know what your missing out on

I'm sure I'll get over it! ;) I have enough other sports to follow! :p

I'm off to bed! :wavey: See you two later!

Lord Chips
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:57 PM
I'll forgive you as you like Cricket

Night :wavey:

Ashie_87
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:41 AM
:wavey:
okies i know i live in Sydney-but i go for the Broncos in NRL...only coz i was brought up that way...and well actually its kinda by choice now that i think bout it...hmm..interesting
in AFL i LOVE the Crows!!!!! except the worst thing they could have done was sign Wayne Carey wit them :fiery: now i know hes a really good player...but...well...i do read the news sum times...no offense to him or his supporters but :angel:

Martian Stacey
Apr 16th, 2003, 06:57 AM
I'm a Swannies supporter! :bounce: But i have to say, i prefer NRL by a long way :D Guess who i support in that? ;) Its a little obvious..

Um, Kirt, you do know that Manly aren't a merger anymore, they've gone back to just being Manly ;) Not that i care, i can't stand the team anyway ;)

TS
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:19 AM
I've never understood rugby :p Although I hear union is better than league ;)

Anyway, Hawthorn is my team :D Only because when I was little they were winning everything so naturally I picked the best team. But then it all went to shite around the mid 90s :D

But I still support them, even if it is with a lot less passion of years past...I used to go to matches all the time, being a member (not any more), but only went to 1 match last year! I remember everytime they played Sarah's mob in Geelong I'd actually make the drive every season but havent done so in about 3 years :o

Martian Stacey
Apr 16th, 2003, 07:58 AM
TS, you've heard wrong, league is way better :D The quality of the game is anyway, but the atmosphere of a union match is better.

Lord Chips
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:10 AM
I've never understood rugby :p Although I hear union is better than league ;)TS, you've heard wrong, league is way better
Is that why Wendal Salior, Mat Rodgers and Lote Turqui are in the Super12s and not the NRL?

League's had its day. Now it's Unions turn. And it will make a LOT more money

Martian Stacey
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:28 AM
lol, im not going to complain when Queenslanders start changing codes ;)

Sam L
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Ok the big question is which code has the best looking guys: AFL, League or Union? ;)

I think AFL, hands down! :drool:

DutchieGirl
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:03 AM
I've never understood rugby :p Although I hear union is better than league ;)

Anyway, Hawthorn is my team :D Only because when I was little they were winning everything so naturally I picked the best team. But then it all went to shite around the mid 90s :D

But I still support them, even if it is with a lot less passion of years past...I used to go to matches all the time, being a member (not any more), but only went to 1 match last year! I remember everytime they played Sarah's mob in Geelong I'd actually make the drive every season but havent done so in about 3 years :oaww you poor dear! Is Geelong too far to drive now? :p

I hardly ever go to the footy coz it's the same season as basketball, and I don't fancy spending a day in Geelong at the footy, and then going to the basketball that night too! ;) Plus I miss half the games coz I work Frisay night and Sunday arvo! pff! ;) I went to a game last year with a Scottish friend, but he was here in the split round so god help me I had to watch Essendon-Hawthorn! ;)

DutchieGirl
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Ok the big question is which code has the best looking guys: AFL, League or Union? ;)

I think AFL, hands down! :drool:lol that doesn't really concern me! ;) :p

Sam L
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:24 AM
lol that doesn't really concern me! ;) :p
I didn't think so :p

Martian Stacey
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:55 AM

I think AFL, hands down! :drool:
AFL players have better bodies imo ;)

Martian Stacey
Apr 17th, 2003, 02:56 AM
lol that doesn't really concern me! ;) :p
what a surprise :p

TS
Apr 17th, 2003, 03:07 AM
Sarah - It is when you live in Melbourne's East :p :o

Lord Chips
Apr 17th, 2003, 07:37 AM
lol, im not going to complain when Queenslanders start changing codes ;)
Good point

Kirt12255
Apr 17th, 2003, 12:38 PM
I'm a Swannies supporter! :bounce: But i have to say, i prefer NRL by a long way :D Guess who i support in that? ;) Its a little obvious..

Um, Kirt, you do know that Manly aren't a merger anymore, they've gone back to just being Manly ;) Not that i care, i can't stand the team anyway ;)

:wavey: Yeah I know...but as soon as they merged I lost faith in rugby completely.

As for the question of which has the cutest guys....AFL!!! :lick: :drool: Half the reason I watch it (joking) :wavey:

juggler
Apr 18th, 2003, 03:11 AM
I'm a Crows supporter, but I also support anyone who plays Collingwood

Martian Stacey
Apr 18th, 2003, 03:19 AM
:wavey: Yeah I know...but as soon as they merged I lost faith in rugby completely.

As for the question of which has the cutest guys....AFL!!! :lick: :drool: Half the reason I watch it (joking) :wavey:
ah ok then :)

My (nrl) team are playing tonight :bounce: :bounce: