PDA

View Full Version : Quebec is changing his government

Kanji
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:56 AM
For those of you who don’t know about Quebec, it’s a Canadian province known for is French speaking population. So, it was Election Day here and we are changing our government passing from the PQ to the PLQ after nine consecutive years. The new premier is Jean Charest. As a reminder, the “Partie Québecois” (PQ) is also known as the separatist and the “Partie Liberal” (PLQ) as the federalist.

P.-S. My point isn’t to start a debate, only giving this information to my international friends who might be interested in politics.

Poe
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:58 AM
WOOHOO :o

*JR*
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Vive Quebec Libre, et Ville d' Marie Pierce! ;)

Kanji
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Vive Quebec Libre, et Ville d' Marie Pierce! ;)

LOL! You wont hear people talking about freeing the Quebec for a bit ;)

disposablehero
Apr 15th, 2003, 02:34 AM
This is a beautiful thing. Charest is one of the few decent people in Canadian politics.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 15th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Quebec posters... are you happy about this? Upset about this? Don't care?

vancouverite
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:32 AM
How 'bout you, Rebecca? Your thoughts? ;)

I like Charest, too....seems intelligent and passionate about his party and - more importantly - Canada.

Josh
Apr 15th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Well it's understandable if you look at Québec's economy after 9 years of PQ-rule. When the engine is turning well, people tend to become more selfish and are afraid to share that wealth with others hence the rise of separatist parties. When the engine starts to show signs of a breakdown, you see the opposite happening.