PDA

View Full Version : Is Pam annoying???

rhz
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:38 AM
what do you think about her as a comentator?

BasicTennis
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:54 AM
she's an insecured commentator.;) obviously because she hasn't won any singles GS trophy in her lifetime, which contradicts her tainted hall of fame award.:worship:

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:06 AM
She's rocks! :p

rhz
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:07 AM
She's rock! :p

LOL she's hard as a rock! GO PAMELA

BasicTennis
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:11 AM
She's ROCK BOTTOM when it comes to commentating and tennis as well.;)

Jordan.
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Go Pam! :)

BasicTennis
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Go Bum!!!!;)

Rollo
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Pammy isn't rude
.....and she's into dudes!
Shriver calls it straight
....and we appreciate
her charm and daring wit
...so give pammy her props you twits! :p

Jo Durie
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Pamela by name Spamela by nature...

selesfan
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:18 PM
She rocks! :bounce:

Dava
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:23 PM
I like Pam but I hate it when she pretends to be the players or pretends not to know the players. Like in Wimbledon against Tatiyana Poutchek when Jelena was struggling Pam went "Hey whos that, is that the 26 year old Ukrainian Poutchek giving Jelena Dokic a run for her money". That always pisses me off, but generally shes ok.

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Blech. Pam's voice is enough to make me hit the mute button. Thank goodness Hamburg isn't on the tour anymore, because hearing Pam say Hamburg was just about enough to send me screaming.

She used to bash Hingis and sing the praises of Venus constantly, so now I laugh when I hear Williams's fans complain about her commentary. :)

rhz
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:49 PM
with all the complains about her, can't believe more than 50 % of us says she is not annoying...

go PAM!! keep on B*tching LOL

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:21 PM
:wavey: Best commentry we have had here at the AO was Pam with Liz Smylie....not only natural...but didn't promote their careers and lots of laughs.

Billy Jean King!!!! Had to turn down the volume....was like a grater on steel-capped boots.....so full of herself IMO

Pamela Shriver
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:34 PM
I'm glad to see I'm doing well in the poll. Because I certainly ROCKZ BABY!

<well I'm better than Chris Evert anyway>

PamShriverRockz
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:48 PM
PamShriverRockz!

Pammy is a legend pammentator and comic genius.

Kirt12255
Apr 15th, 2003, 05:59 PM
:wavey: Refuse to believe Pamela Shriver is actually Pam....there are many fakes out there on the Net....If it is I appologise....my boxer dog is having another nightmare brb....anyhow back....I want proof!!! I see people from Pam to BJK (IBagged her commentary before...but could help her LOL) Darren Cahill etc etc :confused:

Jo Durie
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:39 PM
:wavey: Refuse to believe Pamela Shriver is actually Pam....there are many fakes out there on the Net....

Please don't ask for proof. She'll only try posting personal pictures of her and George. Trust me... You don't need that!

Venus Forever
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:10 PM
I'm glad to see I'm doing well in the poll. Because I certainly ROCKZ BABY!

<well I'm better than Chris Evert anyway>

How could you not like this girl?? :cool:

Cariaoke
Apr 15th, 2003, 08:18 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with her. It depends on what type of day she's having... if it's an all-Williams final, I have to put up with her 'Kim beat both WS's at the end of last year' rant and 'who can stop the WS's' tirade of who came close or who won't ever. Then if she's with Mary Joe... lord... don't get me started. But if Venus or Serena are playing someone else, she's not that bad and might only mention the SF @ AO or the F in Belgium 3 times during the match.

SueBarker
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Pam's great. She's the best golfing partner I've ever had. Some of the best moments of covering Wimbledon have been spent with Pammers. And as for her ability to party...she's a legend. And she's the commentator who gets the most fan mail. To date, we haven't received any mail from people asking to have her removed. She's loved.

Roll on Wimbledon and PamTime.

Pamela Shriver
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:10 AM
I have a love/hate relationship with her

You do!??! But <as far as I know> we're not having *any* kind of relationship! Unless you're George in disguise. <and thats not as uncommon as ya'd think>

Sue :kiss: sheesh wimbledon is my favorite time of year and you make it all the better baby. I loved your strange wrap around jacket thing on Sunday by the way, I caught sight of ya on cable covering the London Marathon. Can't wait for a few more Beers in the hospitality suites on centre court, only I ain't letting you get me so drunk this yr...I nearly died of embarrassment when I realised I mooned the Duchess that time...

SueBarker
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:15 AM
You mooned her but I flashed my tits at her. She's never been able to look at me since. We were knocking back those beers with some gusto, weren't we? And do you remember that Ginny walked past us and gave us a disapproving look? And then Evert tried to join us! But we just kept to ourselves and ordered more beers. I also remember you 2 years ago, before you were married, when you propositioned the young man who was serving us. You wanted him to stop serving you and start servicing you. heh...he ran away. Remember?

Thank you for noticing my lovely jacket. It was a BHS best.

Pamela Shriver
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:29 AM
How could I forget those times! Hehe sheesh I had the mother of all hangovers the next day I could tell ya. Remember how I had to pammentate on a match but was too hungover to be able to? So you got one of the BBC techie whizz kids to mix and match sections of all my other Pammentaries along the yrs into one. Ha, and no one noticed! Just chuck in a few vowels and they're happy.

Ginny still aint talking to me about that incident. She said we brought her club into disrepute. I told her we brought it into the 21st god damned Pam century!

SueBarker
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:34 AM
Too right! That techie kid was only on a short contract and was released from it at the end of the Championships. So, I figure our secret is safe.

Ginny's been a bit off with me ever since too. She thinks we behaved in a manner unbefitting the All England Lawn Tennis Club. I say we behaved in a manner that showed we know how to enjoy ourselves, unlike uptight Ginster!

Oh, and I meant to tell you - I asked that techie kid to put together a tape for my private use of your best Pammentaries. I put it on in the car sometimes and it's the best thing I've ever listened to.

Pamela Shriver
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:39 AM
Wow what a tape! Do I say "Sem-eye" and "also" at the end of random sentences?? Gotta have those classics. Love the way I say Uurauunchuaaa Suuaaaauuuncheez- Vuckaaaaaaareeeeo and Stuuuuuueeeffee Grruuuuuuaf also.

I need a single out!

Ginny needs to let herself go a bit. I mean, she's so uptight she's giving herself natural plastic surgery.

SueBarker
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:43 AM
Ginny's giving herself permanent colonic irrigation.

The tape is genius. It has all your best quotes ever. You say 'anyways' a lot too. And I'm sure you once mentioned pant suits.

Maybe we should do a compilation CD and sell it in the Wimbledon shop???

Virginia Wade
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Permanent colonic irrigation is actually quite beneficial you know. I got the idea off Clifford of the Riches, whom you young Suzy Barker know only too well. *disapproving* I heard you held hands before marriage. Such disgraceful behaviour (I blame Chris Evert for leading you astray)

SueBarker
Apr 16th, 2003, 01:54 AM
I did have a sort of relationship with Cliff. But there are things I could tell you about him that would shock you, so I shall refrain.

And yes, that Evert woman is a bad influence on anyone.

Pamela Shriver
Apr 16th, 2003, 02:01 AM
Hey Ginny, your oil painting in the Wimbledon museum is way better than Evert's anyway. Chris looks like an extra from Dallas.

Sue, I think a Pam compliation CD would be the most pamtastic thing ever.

Track 1 - My favorite "DOOOOOSES"
Track 2 - All the "SEM-EYES"
Track 3 - "DOOUUUUUBLE BAAAAAAAGUEEELS"

etc. Would be a sell out I'm sure

SueBarker
Apr 16th, 2003, 02:02 AM
Pam! I must have a copy!