PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen this Japanese movie?

GoGoMaggie
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:57 AM
I have just watched this Japanese movie titled "All about Lily Chou Chou". I'm sure this has been subtitled and voiced over in some foreign languages.
I found it very interesting and made me think a lot about what life is about.
This is about a 14 year old boy who has been bullied at his school and lives with his once-divorced mother and father-in-law and brother-in-law. His life has been in total mess and unable to find the "reality" in his real life. He tries to find the "reality" in a fan-site of Lily Chou Chou, a carisma singer among young people. He himslef runs the site and finds friends there.
Anyways, that's its background. If its subtitled version is available in your country, I strongly recommend you to have a watch.

disposablehero
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Personally, I'd prefer a good Gamera flick.

GoGoMaggie
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:44 AM
From Yahoo Movie
An epic story of teenage life in the age of the Internet, "All About Lily Chou Chou" brings us into the lives of a group of Japanese teenagers in an intimate way. Yuichi takes refuge from school bullies and parental scrutiny when he enters chatrooms devoted to Lily Chou Chou, a songstress whose melancholic lyrics and visuals sooth Yuichi's real-life experiences - teenage prostitution, raunchy sex and unexpected death. Shot in a new color-saturated, psychedelic film-meets-digital format, Lily is a powerful visual and emotional experience