PDA

View Full Version : Does Justine annoy you?

JustinSteffi
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:53 AM
I really like her and I think she is very polite however, is it just me or is Justine super annoying?

1. Her skirt always bunches up on court when she serves.
2. That annoying French Accent.
3. Does she always have a cold sore on her lip?
4. Is her hair always that stringy in interviews?

Maybe it is just me but she needs some help.

JJH

Crazy Canuck
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:57 AM
I'm sure that she annoyed quite a few people today :)

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:58 AM
She's no fashion plate and defies Venus's teaching that in order to win a player needs to look good on the court.

Part of the problem is that skirt... It bunches up on other players too.. Bad design. I don't think Justine cares a bit what she wears, but she does make my fingers itch... I'd like to nominate her for that TLC program that does make overs.

King Lindsay
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:59 AM
I know that I JUST HATE when people have stringy hair. God, WORSE THAN HITLER, that is.

Don't be so shallow.

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:59 AM
But..... on the other hand..... I'd rather she beat Serena and Venus than look any different than she does now. That's really all I ask of her. Or any player for that matter. :)

Crazy Canuck
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:03 AM
I know that I JUST HATE when people have stringy hair. God, WORSE THAN HITLER, that is.

Don't be so shallow.
At least Hitler had the good sense to sport a German accent, and not a lame French one.

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Not only did Justine beat Serena, she has a better French accent!!

It's a clean sweep.

disposablehero
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Not at all. But I do find it somewhat annoying that she doesn't need to do as much as Kim to get equal recognition.

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:11 AM
Do you really think that is true, dh? I think Kim gets a lot more press and recognition among the general public. The association with Lleyton sort of gives her a double dip.

And Justine and Kim are quite close in results even though Kim has such a stellar h2h against her.

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:16 AM
I mean for sure she is annoying :-)

Kidding

The skirt was annoying but I noticed she changed that :-) Now if I could get Serena to loosen up her skirts a little I would really be happy.

BK4ever
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:18 AM
Thank goodness she got a new outfit...

But what annoys me most are her panty lines...YUCK :)

BK4ever
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:20 AM
I mean for sure she is annoying :-)

Kidding

The skirt was annoying but I noticed she changed that :-) Now if I could get Serena to loosen up her skirts a little I would really be happy.

For sure thats funny...

Serena's skirts are just fine...if you have it...flaunt it...but I do like Serena in dresses better

selesfan
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Her skirts ride up because they are too tight and straight. It fits her like a glove. ;)

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:30 AM
I like her outfits ..don't get me wrong ...but she is always having to pull her skirt down too, just like Justine. If she would just take it out maybe an inch.....not real loose, just not skin tight.

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:31 AM
If you've got it flaunt it, but if you've got TOO much of it hide it. :)

I watched that same skirt that Justine wears at IW. It is cut funny... when a girl has to stretch her legs out the skirt goes up, but it doesn't come down again. Other skirts fall down on their own. Anyway, I hate that outfit.

Justine looked nice today.

Leena
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:33 AM
For sure thats funny...

Serena's skirts are just fine...if you have it...flaunt it...but I do like Serena in dresses better
Juju can flaunt it too... she has a great, athletic body... it's just that she's petite.

selesfan
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:34 AM
If you've got it flaunt it, but if you've got TOO much of it hide it. :)

I watched that same skirt that Justine wears at IW. It is cut funny... when a girl has to stretch her legs out the skirt goes up, but it doesn't come down again. Other skirts fall down on their own. Anyway, I hate that outfit.

Justine looked nice today.

thats the difference, the other girls wear skirts that have a little flare to them while Justine's looks like a knit straight skirt, that is why it rides up.

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:37 AM
My point is that it is not only on Justine that it rides up. All the girls who wear it have the same problem. Or maybe you understood that already. If so, sorry.

Tennis Fool
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:46 AM
She comes from the Martina N. philosophy of "no style, just hardcore butt-kicking gym rat".

Experimentee
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:47 AM
That shirt with the swirly back that she wore at the Aus Open really annoyed me. She really has no taste in fashion.

BK4ever
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Juju can flaunt it too... she has a great, athletic body... it's just that she's petite.

Leena darling...i didnt say anything about her body :p

She does have a nice body...but she could use a serious makeover...

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:50 AM
What would we do for a makeover? Put a little tiara on her? Give her big hoop earrings?

Let's face it, JuJu is a tomboy. It's her look and why change it. She's an athlete and not a wannabe actress/singer/diva/model.

Hurley
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:53 AM
I think she looks beautiful in this picture:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030411/capt.1050098768family_circle_cup_chtx102.jpg

BK4ever
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:57 AM
What would we do for a makeover? Put a little tiara on her? Give her big hoop earrings?

Let's face it, JuJu is a tomboy. It's her look and why change it. She's an athlete and not a wannabe actress/singer/diva/model.

Wash and cut that damn hair for starters...but I since she is a tomboy...it would be a waste of time...since tomboys are not interested in appearing well kept :rolleyes:

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:02 AM
what in the world makes you think she doesn't wash her hair?

I did like her hair when it was short, but maybe her hubby likes it long.

Dawn Marie
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:34 AM
She only anoyed me when she was rampin and ravin' about Serena and Venus winning alot. As far as her win today I didn't find it annoying. Infact I liked that shot she hit when she got that one volley back. She kinda bunted at it and it dropped. She has nice hands.

What really annoys me about her is the fact that she loses to Kim so easily. In actuality I do think she is the more talented Belguim player.

With her talent she should be winning slams. Hopefully after Venus wins her fifth she'll be a GS winner.:):)

Oh and about her look, well it's not so feminine, but that is also her nature.

I would much rather see a tomboyish sporty focused tennis player, than a beauty pagent wannabe who has never won a title.

Let's give the kid her props, she BEAT SERENA! she a nice powerful/fiesty game. It's not like Serena won't win again.

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:39 AM
I think she looks beautiful in this picture:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030411/capt.1050098768family_circle_cup_chtx102.jpg

Yes, she does. Juju is actually quite a cute lil thing.

Sam L
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:53 AM
Yes she annoys me; what she needs is a makeover. She has so much potential :o

Zenith
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:50 AM
She has great thighs :)

treufreund
Apr 14th, 2003, 06:12 AM
some of you all are true looks-nazis. She looks great. I love her naturalness. Does everybody have to try to be a diva? She looks like an ATHLETE who is serious about tennis not an aspiring Sports Illustrated cover girl who has never won a title. :rolleyes: And besides she is very cute with her demeanor and facial expressions. That is much more important than makeup and frills.

Filip!
Apr 14th, 2003, 06:21 AM
some of you all are true looks-nazis. She looks great. I love her naturalness. Does everybody have to try to be a diva? She looks like an ATHLETE who is serious about tennis not an aspiring Sports Illustrated cover girl who has never won a title. :rolleyes: And besides she is very cute with her demeanor and facial expressions. That is much more important than makeup and frills.

You're totally right!!!

I think a lot of people are frustrated because this great little girl stopped Serena's winning streak! It's very weak to start a topic like this and to speak like this about the girl who was able to beat Serena in STRAIGHT sets!

gladysharon
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:14 AM

Well said treufreund!! :wavey:

gladysharon
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:18 AM
That shirt with the swirly back that she wore at the Aus Open really annoyed me. She really has no taste in fashion.

It's not about her that chooses the clothes...it's her clothes sponsor...
Marion also wears the same clothing as Justine...ppl from the same sponsor wears the same.
Justine just plays & concentrates on her tennis unlike other players. Who wants fashion in tennis anyway...traditional clothing in tennis like shirts & skirts are the best.

I like Justine for her play & personality...not how she looks.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:33 AM
I really like her and I think she is very polite however, is it just me or is Justine super annoying?

JJH

1. maybey it was a bit annoying but she's going to change to a new sponsor, so that problem will be solved

2. her mother language is french, so it's quite normal she has a french accent, imo :rolleyes: i mean, most english speaking can't even pronounce her name right, not to mention their accent when they speak french

3. no, she hasn't

4. who cares about her hair, let's talk about her beautiful backhand ;)

gladysharon
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:36 AM
what is stringy hair anyway?
Her hair is fine

per4ever
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:36 AM
Justine looks great :)

katrientje
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:42 AM
justine looked great yesterday! (not that it's important)
The cut of this outfit is perfect for her...
this thread is a bit annoying though...

Jakeev
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:53 AM
Hey how bout they start wearing corsettes and girdles again....would that make you people stop whining?

Mercury Rising
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:01 AM
This is so funny. Taste in fashion LMAO. Thank God Justine knows what is more important...
And the skirt going up doesn't annoy me at all :devil: Those thighs :lick:

You go JuJu :kiss: :worship: :devil:

Josh
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:07 AM
You should watch some of the pics on her official site :

http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/gallery.asp?lang=en

:)

irma
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:12 AM
is it me or does she look less focussed on court these days?

I mean not anymore like her whole world depends on the match (wich is good for her btw)

Mercury Rising
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:13 AM
You should watch some of the pics on her official site :

http://www.henin-hardenne.be/bin/gallery.asp?lang=en

:)
That site is so great :worship:

Chance
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:50 AM
cool- Justine's got an english version of her website, thanks josh

BK- would you prefer her not to wear panties ;)

aussieooi
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:23 AM
I think that she looks fine in what she wears on court. If she feels comfortable in it then wear it. There is no use wearing something others want you to wear then spending the whole time fixing your outfit up rather then concentrating on the game. Tennis isn't a fashion parade. If Justine wants to look nice she can but hoo cares. I like her because of the way she plays not the way she looks.

Dawn Marie
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Her volleys,speed and raquet work.. imho take away from how she looks on the court. Which is fine.

leslie
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:04 PM

JJH

YOu have got to be kidding right. You could have come up with something better than the above if you needed to start a thread. Good Lord.

Oizo
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:05 PM
I'm sure that she annoyed quite a few people today :)

Me too.

Andy_
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Ok, guys, there's a lot of you out there who seem to have forgotten that there's more on a tennis court than looks and fashion. Knock on Kournikova's door for that, please... Anyway, if you really insist on talking about topics such as Justine's outfit and accent... Well, let's have a look at Serena's outfit. She's wearing stuff at least a couple of sizes smaller than hers. Her breast and butts are on the verge of exploding out of it, I'm afraid she might rip her clothes just with the continuous bouncing of her boobs up and down... Ok, I'm joking, but that's more or less the same kind of tone you've been using with Justine. Now I understand you fans of Serena's are speechless because your goddess has been taught a tennis lesson yesterday, but that's life.
And, what's more, Serena and Venus have spent years and years boasting about their love for foreign languages, and the way they loved French, but their attempt at speaking French after the Roland Garros final last year was ridiculous to say the least...
Have a nice day...

Tatiana Panova
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Yes she does, but so do a lot of players. I think she is a nice player, great tennis, but she does not inspire me.

JCAP
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:18 PM
That thing on her lip :eek: :mad: :fiery: :eek: :eek:

*abby*
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:24 PM
:wavey: hey andy
u are soooooooo right and i totally agree :worship:

Josh
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Yes, cause she always beats my favourites! :mad:

;)

Infiniti2001
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:17 PM
YES :eek: :mad:

Mrs. Peel
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Ok, guys, there's a lot of you out there who seem to have forgotten that there's more on a tennis court than looks and fashion. Knock on Kournikova's door for that, please... Anyway, if you really insist on talking about topics such as Justine's outfit and accent... Well, let's have a look at Serena's outfit. She's wearing stuff at least a couple of sizes smaller than hers. Her breast and butts are on the verge of exploding out of it, I'm afraid she might rip her clothes just with the continuous bouncing of her boobs up and down... Ok, I'm joking, but that's more or less the same kind of tone you've been using with Justine. Now I understand you fans of Serena's are speechless because your goddess has been taught a tennis lesson yesterday, but that's life.
And, what's more, Serena and Venus have spent years and years boasting about their love for foreign languages, and the way they loved French, but their attempt at speaking French after the Roland Garros final last year was ridiculous to say the least...
Have a nice day...

buh-bye asshole!!! :wavey: :wavey: I don't see anywhere that the starter of this thread is a Serena fan :confused: You have succeeded in offending a Williams fan...you are not fit to lick the shit off their shoes...you are the shit on their shoes!!!

RYN
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:39 PM
The first time I saw Justine, when she wasn't all big yet. I always new something good was gonna come out of her. And Ive loved her ever since.

and her "Allez" is the best!

auntie janie
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:18 PM
SO many comments about the tight skirt? Hey, I disliked that skirt, too, but didn't you guys notice that Justine was NO LONGER WEARING THAT SKIRT this week? Keep up, people! :rolleyes:

Rollo
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:54 PM
This is off topic, but has anyone seen the British comedy "are You Being Served?". It makes me LOL every time I hear or see "it rides up with wear!":)

Now as to that annoying Juju harpy.

Lets see. The compalint seems to be-

She wears short skirts that "ride up". The horror! Red blooded Rollo NEVER wants a young woman to show us her bum! :lick:

Give this lass convent clothes from now on.

She speaks with a "shudder" FRENCH accent. Vite-La guillotine pour Justine! Obviously she's not been eating enough freedom fries and copying George Bush's Texas twang. Hell, Rollo thought a French accent when speaking English was damn sexy, but he's obviously wrong. Just parler vous francais fron now on Juju-that way "the haters" ;) will remain as they are about you-clueless.

P. S. I do wish she'd drop Hardenne.

selesfan87
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:00 PM
*shrug* Justine doesn't annoy me..

shap_half
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Oh goodness, God!!! Would you rather her wear that horrible orange dookie bootie shorts Serena wears?!?!? Speaking of fashion on the court!!!

Some of y'alls need to go to the official Justine Henin-Hardenne website and look at her pictures when she's wearing regular clothes - she looks very stylish and put together.

I think it is somewhat shallow that the reasons the starter of this thread came up with that annoyed her about Justine includes her accent and her skirt! There are several million people with the French accent including Americans!!! The next time you, the starter, start another one of these threads I suggest tone down the shallowness! Or I suggest not starting one!

-Sonic-
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:41 PM
I just watched Trinny & Susannah on TV so i could go on and on.... They're not shallow, they just want people to make the right choices in what they wear, so the real shallow people don't go mental on their ass :) i loved all the stuff in Trinny's bag on the plane.... (only brits will know what i am talking about there)

But the only thing that truly annoys me about Justine is that she didn't win W'don 2001.

gladysharon
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:45 PM
The first time I saw Justine, when she wasn't all big yet. I always new something good was gonna come out of her. And Ive loved her ever since.

and her "Allez" is the best!

That's what I felt abt her when I noticed her playing on the court years ago! That "Allez" is classic!

gladysharon
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:49 PM
P. S. I do wish she'd drop Hardenne.

I think the name Henin-Hardenne is PERFECT!! :cool:

aussieooi
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:19 AM
I agree, it also shows how much she cares about and loves her husband

c2
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Nomatter what anybody wears...Justine, Serena, Venus, Jenn-- someone doesn't like it. That is the price of being in the public eye, and why real pro tennis players probably don't read this board! You can't please everyone.

tennischick
Apr 15th, 2003, 03:48 AM
...Give this lass convent clothes from now on.

She speaks with a "shudder" FRENCH accent. Vite-La guillotine pour Justine! ...
LOL!!!! very funny! :D

no Justine isn't annoying to me in any way. but honestly if i had her money i would pay a tad more attention to my appearance. but that is me. it's clearly not important to her or her husband, and that's fine too. ;)

doloresc
Apr 15th, 2003, 11:06 AM
the only time henin-hardenne annoyed me was when she was injured so often in 2000-2001. i felt so sorry and even frustrated for her. i wanted to see her play hingis more often because i loved their australian open 2000 match. theirs is a rivalry that unfortunately never came to fruition.

Dizzy Miss Lizzy
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:39 PM
She annoys me like you wouldn't believe

1. Her stupid backhand that she thinks is soo good. anyone with a two handed backhand could pull off the inconsistent shots she hits. They just choose not to be so arrogant about it. Plus her backhand makes her look like a man.

2. that colesaw on her lip. wash your face

3. and your hair.

4. Her stupid interview responses when she always says 'for sure' and looks like she's the no. 1 player in the world.

5. her body. she could make herself pretty if she really wanted too. She's lucky to have a feminine height, but i think she disagrees with me......................... which brings me to the point.......... is she really a woman????

6. the same outfit she wears all the time.

7. The way she pumps her fist makes we want to punch her, AND HER FACIAL EXPRESSION ON COURT!!!!

8. Trying to pronounce her name with a french tone or accent to it. NO justine its HEN - IN! just like HEN - MAN...

9. Her accent.

1. If you would read any of her interviews, you would know that she's always trying to get the attention away from her backhand, it's just the media who's trying to focus on it. And besides, her backhand is great and if you doubt that, you don't know anything about tennis.
2. :confused:
3. I fail to see what's wrong with her hair (except that it's blond ;) ) , it's just a ponytail, nothing special but nothing wrong with it either.
4. Other players say, 'you know' a lot, she says 'for sure' a lot. It's not her mother language, so in a way i think it's just a word to give her some time to think about an answer.
5. Is she really a women? :rolleyes: Gosh, do you need glasses, or what.
6. In case you didn't notice, she was wearing something different in Charleston and she's changing sponsor, so stop moaning about it.
7. :rolleyes:
8. Henin is a french name, you idiot, and Henman is an english name.
9. I'd love to hear you're perfect and accentless french. :o

gladysharon
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:50 PM
7. The way she pumps her fist makes we want to punch her, AND HER FACIAL EXPRESSION ON COURT!!!!

LOL...
Then the way you say it makes many other fans want to punch you!