PDA

View Full Version : 17 of 30 threads

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:25 PM
17 of the 30 threads on the front page of General Messages involve Justine beating Serena. This makes 18.

I'm glad to know that a win over Serena still dominates peoples thoughts. That's the way I like it :D (especially since Meg's win over Venus brought far fewer threads).

GermanBoy
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:31 PM
17 of the 30 threads on the front page of General Messages involve Justine beating Serena. This makes 18.
I'm glad to know that a win over Serena still dominates peoples thoughts. That's the way I like it :D (especially since Meg's win over Venus brought far fewer threads).

I never liked the Williams. But I have to admit that Venus is much better.
Serena just goes on my nerves! :mad:

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:35 PM
I hate that ;) Because she is so fun to enjoy! However, that does show me that she is a serious threat to whoever you want to win.

Don't deny it, cuz I'm the same way ;) You should have seen me back in the day with Lindsay and Martina (when they were #1 and #2).

vaiva
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:53 PM

Thanks for counting. I was wondering how many of them would be created. Would be interesting to compare with the number of threads that appeared after Nasdaq final ;)

Leena
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:58 PM
It seems more like 29 out of 30.

kell
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:23 AM
It's really funny! :D It shows just how desperate people are to see the end of the Williams era. The win wasn't significant enough to generate this much discussion. Serena is still the best.

If you're all sick of Serena/Justine posts, I can post a couple hundred more Alicia ones ;)

Leena
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:24 AM
It's really funny! :D It shows just how desperate people are to see the end of the Williams era. The win wasn't significant enough to generate this much discussion. Serena is still the best.

If you're all sick of Serena/Justine posts, I can post a couple hundred more Alicia ones ;)
It doesn't work...

I post a hundred Bovina posts a day, and nobody cares. :sad:

kell
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:26 AM
It doesn't work...

I post a hundred Bovina posts a day, and nobody cares. :sad:

Oh you poor thing! I'm sure Bovina is very appreciative. I'll bet she's on this forum every day, reading your posts. It gives her reason to live :D

Leena
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Oh you poor thing! I'm sure Bovina is very appreciative. I'll bet she's on this forum every day, reading your posts. It gives her reason to live :D
No. If she read my posts, then she'd know to be very scared of me when I met her. :p

tennischick
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:47 AM
finally...some statistical evidence that Serena is the greatest!!!!

:bounce: :bounce:

Crazy Canuck
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I have no idea why anybody is getting excited over a totally overlooked player beating number one in the world, who is fresh off winning the non calender grand slam.

What an utterly stupid observation.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:12 AM
I have a fun thought for you Josh. Why don't you count how many of those threads were actually made by Henin fans? WHy not consider how many were actually created by Willie fans? I find it nice to know that a loss of Serena's dominates your thoughts (ah yes, it even sounds stupid when I say it).

tennischick
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:40 AM
whether she wins or loses, folks can't stop talking about her...;)

go Serena!!!!!!!!! :D :)

King Lindsay
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:41 AM
It would be really nice if people could contain their thoughts on the same topic to one thread (wild, i know), but I think that's never gonna happen.

Kell, there's so many threads because a) it's a big win b) everybody hates the obnoxious sisters fans and enjoys seeing them have to eat it.

Sam L
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:50 AM
everybody hates the obnoxious sisters fans and enjoys seeing them have to eat it.

:o

Leena
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:51 AM
I like obnoxious people.

Thanks.

Pureracket
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Here's a Williams fan that loves "eating it".

*Pureracket blushes and dashes from this thread*

King Lindsay
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:55 AM
pureracket, why don't you post more often!

I realize what I wrote could've been misread. When I said "the obnoxious sisters fans" I meant the sisters fans that happen to be obnoxious (ie, SerenaSlam, mmcdonald, Leslie etc), I wasn't labelling all sisters fans obnoxious.

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Damn...I'm gettin kinda full :-)

Have noticed a lot of threads, but none have really bothered me. It is a feat to beat the #1 in the world, and Justine def deserves props for doing it. But its been worse in here in the past ...... comparitively speaking.So, I guess I can "eat it" too, even though I ain't obnoxious......Am I??

Leena
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:05 AM
Oh my... :eek:

King Lindsay
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Oh my... :eek:

Still like obnoxious people, Leena?

Pureracket
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Still like obnoxious people, Leena?
KL,
I never take offense to your posts. We go waaaay to far back for me to think you'd ever REALLY be malicious. I don't know what people are going to do when they find out that you are a softie inside and that you cry at the beautiful site of daffodils blowing in the wind.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:44 PM
I have a fun thought for you Josh. Why don't you count how many of those threads were actually made by Henin fans? WHy not consider how many were actually created by Willie fans? I find it nice to know that a loss of Serena's dominates your thoughts (ah yes, it even sounds stupid when I say it).
I don't deny it.....her loss does dominate my thoughts. Does that make it bad? I don't understand your point.

And no, I didn't differentiate between Williams/Henin fans. They are all the same IMO.

My point being that when Venus loss, nothing was really made of it.....but now that Serena lost, a lot was.

You see, Venus losses USED to generate a lot of attention...and this past one didn't. I knew when they would generate a lot of attention it would mean that it was a "big" deal. So actually, you made my point in your above post.

The only reason I posted this thread was because I was actually pleased at the responses.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:45 PM
pureracket, why don't you post more often!

I realize what I wrote could've been misread. When I said "the obnoxious sisters fans" I meant the sisters fans that happen to be obnoxious (ie, SerenaSlam, mmcdonald, Leslie etc), I wasn't labelling all sisters fans obnoxious.
LOL KingLindsay. You know, I feel somewhat of a minority in the Williams camp sometimes when I see I've got those folks fighting on the same side as me.

Hagar
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Maybe it is JUSTINE who is dominating people's thoughts.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Maybe it is JUSTINE who is dominating people's thoughts.
For this particular match, yes.

But when she loses, I see a max of 3 threads about it (same with all other players sans Serena currently).