PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to choking Justine

E. Blackadder
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:50 PM
She has really gotten better on the mental part of the game. I hope people will start to realise Justine is one of the best and take her more seriously :)

▀coene
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:56 PM
The match she won against Davenport at the Australian Open was very important for the mental part of her game. But of course not the only one.

slydevil6142
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Its hard to say shes over her mental block b/c she hasnt been playing the players that she develops these mental blocks on. Justine usually struggles to close out matches against the same 2 ppl Kim and Venus and the media hyped it up to make it seem like its every player on tour. Until i see Justine close out a match against either Venus or Kim than i cant say shes over her mental block, but she is taking the right steps to get there.

Filip!
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:00 PM
The match she won against Davenport at the Australian Open was very important for the mental part of her game. But of course not the only one.

For me, that was the second most beautiful Justine-match I've ever seen (today's match was the best)...

In that Lindsay-Justine match, she kept fighting for every shot, every point... This was something she did not always before, a year ago, she would loose this match!

The last months, Justine is winning more and more close matches, Lindsay in Australia, Seles & Capriati in Dubai, ... Her mental strength is growing, and I think that this is very important for Justine's future!

Even when she has a low first serve-% (like today), she's winning a lot of points... This was also a problem a year ago, Justine is improving!!

Glenn
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Will this Justine hype all be over tomorrow? :o

▀coene
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:02 PM
For me, that was the second most beautiful Justine-match I've ever seen (today's match was the best)...

Today's match the best??? Not for me, it was not exciting enough.

irma
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:03 PM
no next week when another player wins amelia island (except when justine wins there too of course then the hype will last till warschau)

Glenn
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:04 PM
I disagree too, I still think the Berlin final against Williams was better.
I also liked Henin vs Capriati in Wimbledon 2001.

King Lindsay
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:11 PM
too early to say that Justine has developed nerves of steel. Call me when she wins a major.

Filip!
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Today's match the best??? Not for me, it was not exciting enough.

Ok, you 're right, Justine played more exciting matches before, but what I mean is that this win is the most beautiful for me, because a lot of people were underestimating Justine... But this Justine defeated Serena, the player who wanted to win every match this year, that was her own goal... It's fantastic for Justine to win this, this is a booster for her mental strength...

▀coene
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Ok, you 're right, Justine played more exciting matches before, but what I mean is that this win is the most beautiful for me, because a lot of people were underestimating Justine... But this Justine defeated Serena, the player who wanted to win every match this year, that was her own goal... It's fantastic for Justine to win this, this is a booster for her mental strength...

Now I understand.

Yes in a way I agree. First of all she beat the number one player and the player that said she wanted to go undefeated this year. I know she didn't really mean it, and later she has said something different, but still people thought about it, so it's special that Justine is the first person to beat Serena in 2003.