PDA

View Full Version : Justine Has a Serious Chance to Finish #2?

Rtael
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:54 PM
I won't even pretend she could finish #1 ahead of serena this year, however does anyone else think she has a good chance for #2 end year? I need someone else to do any kind of mathematics with it because I'm not good at that stuff, but right now She just Won charleston, major points...next up is AI and I think she is definitely the favorite to win that too

Next up is Europ-Berlin and Rome-She has major points coming off here, but even if she doesn't win, I can gurantee that she will make SF or F or W in both, so it won't be a major loss in points, if she doesn't gain points by winning both! :drool:

Next is RG...Only thing she can do here is GAIN. Serious contender to WIN. I expect nothing less then a SF and there's a 60% chance of her winning I believe!

Wimbeldon (not sur eof the tournies between RG and Wimby)- SF points to defend, but she has proved this is indeed one of her best surfaces by making the finals here in 2001! I believe she will atleast duplicate her SF placing and atleast equal her previous points here.

After Wimbeldon I'm not too sure of the schedule but I believe American hardcourts is next? I know this is her worst surfaces but She has been improving on hardcourt surfaces this year, making SF at AO, winning Dubai and making a QF appearance at Miami. I think she can definitely improve from last year during this season, however I don't see any major point coming from here.

USOpen- I definitely believe that this year she can atleast make QF, and not a great hope for her going much further, depends on here draw, but just making QF will add to her points

Indoor Season-Here I'm not so sure about how she plays on this surface so I'll leave it for someone else to diagnose...I've already said enough that people will yell at me for saying! ;) :angel:

fleemke³
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:56 PM
Between RG and Wimbledon Justine has to defend quaterfinalpoints @ Rosmalen :)

Of course she has a chance :bounce: ;)

Rtael
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Rosmalen? Isn't there where Daniilidou beat her last year? but anyway I know it's grass, and I believe she will improve on that placement easily if she plays there again

BK4ever
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:59 PM
She will need alot of help from others to get there

fleemke³
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:59 PM
jep she it was eleni in the quaters as I said .. maybe it was the semi's, not sure

Hurley
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Or she could win the French and Wimbledon and need no help :)

Anything is possible :D

xin
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:01 PM
It will really depend on how well she defends her points on clay and grass.
If she does well, she can catch up Kim. But for the U.S. hardcourt season, I think it depends on how well others like JP, Lindsay, Kim do. With confidence level rising, she will improve her results on U.S. hardcourt but not that easy to make finals there.

Rtael
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:05 PM
hmm...sorry to Venus, but I think venus will be falling because I don't think she can really defend all her finalists points at the slams this year...and Kim will be owned by Justine for the rest of this year!!!

xin
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:05 PM
It's semis. If she plays there again, she can win it. Last year, she was actually struggling during that period. With her good form this year, she can win one on grass. Make at least semis in Wim.

1jackson2001
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:12 PM
With some help Justine can definitely do it.

Or Serena can just have a total collapse and fall out early at the slams...and the #1 is up for grabs for anyone. ;)

BK4ever
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Lets not forget that Kim has little points to defend at a slam as well...

Anything can happen..she has as much a chance as Jen, Davey, Venus and Kim does...

shap_half
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Lets not forget that Kim has little points to defend at a slam as well...

Anything can happen..she has as much a chance as Jen, Davey, Venus and Kim does...

i think the No.2 position is really between Justine, Venus, and Kim. I would really not factor in Jen and Lindsay because I don't see them really getting ahead of the top four right now. Lindsay did really well in Charleston making semis in her first clay court tourny in god knows how long! but she is about 800 or so points behind Justine and the clay season is now. I think that if Lindsay wants to get higher she needs to do really well in the American hardcourt season but if Justine plays well there she can get a whole lot of points. As for Jen, she's kinda mix-mix, she's playing really well and making finals at Miami but I don't know if I really see her in the top five for the rest of the year. It might be a toss up between her and Lindsay but I'm willing to bet that the top 4 will be the same girls for a long time.

As far as Justine making 2 by the end of the year: it's very possible because she can make a lot of damage on clay and should she win every clay tournament she enters (which will be very very difficult but not impossible) she's in good position to be no. 2 and closen the gap to serena. it's really the american hardcourt season that will bother her chances. but she is improving so i wouldn't count her out of any tier ii titles on the hardcourt.

Brαm
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:43 PM
You're overreacting a bit...

She first has to get to the no.3 spot, and who knows, can she do that?

slydevil6142
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:56 PM
hmm...sorry to Venus, but I think venus will be falling because I don't think she can really defend all her finalists points at the slams this year...and Kim will be owned by Justine for the rest of this year!!!

:rolleyes: This Venus bashing is getting so old. Venus may have some trouble defending the french final however the last 3 years she has made the finals of wimbeldon and the US open and during these last 3 years she has owed the summer hardcourt season like no other. Venus as only had one bad loss this year to a player that is playing some solid tennis. I would be more concerned with other players and how they will fair throughout the year b/c Venus has already proven that she will consistely be at the top. As far as Justine getting to the number 2 spot unless she can start beating either Kim or Venus than her chances are nill to none.

Rtael
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:19 PM
True she needs to get #3 first, bhut #3 and #2 are like 30 points from each other, so I don't think it's a very big leap between the two!

Rtael
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:50 PM
bump, cause I'm craaaaaazy like that!

starr
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:05 PM
"Venus bashing" rotfl