PDA

View Full Version : Justine Henin-Hardene d. S. Williams

shap_half
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:26 PM
I just have a few words to say about this match.

Justine played well. She could have played better - the way she played Pierce with more winners and aces - but Justine definitely just decimated the confidence of Serena Williams. Williams was playing really well in the first 3 games of the 1st set but Justine was able to hang in there and played smart tennis and forced the errors from Williams. I think that Serena never has off days because she can usually get back from the matches she's down in. I think in this match, Justine just really kept the pressure on. She's known for her great shot making abilities, variety, and placements. She's definitely shown it in this match. Serena had plenty of opportunities to get back in the match and Justine during those times really just kept it close and allowed Serena to make the errors.

The second set, I thought, would have gone to Serena because it seemed as if Justine was losing her focus in the first 4 games of the set making wild shots and more UEs. However, she just kept playing smart tennis and her agility I think really shaved off Serena's confidence. It was amazing how much Justine had to run down balls in thise set because Serena was starting to really gain her composure back. There were a few amazing rallies that made Justine look like a victim in this set. But Justine really had the goods to keep forcing Serena to make errors.

A lot of tennis fans are saying that Serena Williams just had an off day and that Justine really shouldn't have defeated her this easily. Whether this is true or not, I think Justine is capable of deafeating Serena this easily on clay. Justine is just a more efficient clay player than Serena IMO. I would say that Justine is probably the best on this surface right now. She played intelligently and she played well. She could have played better because just like Serena, Justine had her chances to going up in the games but she made errors.

Congrats to Justine and keep it up!

AjdeNate!
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Great job Justine!

fleemkeģ
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:27 PM
Justine didn't play on her best but she played smart :worship: