PDA

View Full Version : Does Justine Henin-Hardenne Own Serena Williams On Clay?

AjdeNate!
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Before you get nasty, this is just a wake up call to those that would have posted exactly the converse had Serena won in 2 decisive sets today.

leslie
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Serena will get her the next time clay or no clay. Didn't Serena beat her in two sets at the Italian Open last year?

Hendouble
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:50 PM
At the moment I'd say Justine has a 60% share in Serena on clay, Serena has the other 40% share in Justine. Clijsters, meanwhile, is negative equity for Venus on clay.

xin
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Yes, there is no player plays ball like Justine to Serena recently. Serena is going to learn to get use to it again and when they play next time, it will be closer. But Justine can still find her way to win on clay.

fleemkeģ
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:54 PM
green clay is faster than red clay so if she can beat Serena on fast clay .. she also can do this on very heavy red clay courts :D

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Technically 2/3 yes. I think that Justine def has a game to be respected on clay and Serena can't get away with the errors that she can on another surface. Last time Henin beat Serena....she came back, so we will see the next time they meet up if Serena can go back to the clay court game as opposed to her normal game.

Diya
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Yeah especially after today , seems like that JHH does 'own' Serena on clay .

Venus Forever
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:09 PM
How come when one player has a big win over a top player or the World #1 everyone gets carried away??

Not to take anything away from Justine, she did play a great match, however, she now owns Serena on clay?? I hardly qualify winning two matches out of three on the dirt as being dominating.

Then there is talk about her being #2, or maybe even #1. Sure, these are all possibilities, and more power to her if she does this, but this is just one tournament. One great win in a tournament doesn't qualify her at the next #1.

All I'm saying is that aren't we are all just getting a little too carried away with ourselves?? How come there was none of this talk before she beat Serena??

Anyway, congrats Justine on a great tournament. You played well.:)

AjdeNate!
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:15 PM
How come when one player has a big win over a top player or the World #1 everyone gets carried away??

Not to take anything away from Justine, she did play a great match, however, she now owns Serena on clay?? I hardly qualify winning two matches out of three on the dirt as being dominating.

Then there is talk about her being #2, or maybe even #1. Sure, these are all possibilities, and more power to her if she does this, but this is just one tournament. One great win in a tournament doesn't qualify her at the next #1.

All I'm saying is that aren't we are all just getting a little too carried away with ourselves?? How come there was none of this talk before she beat Serena??

Anyway, congrats Justine on a great tournament. You played well.:)
I appreciate your post, and I see your logic. I did though only do this as a bit of preventitive medicine. There are some rabid posters here, who, if Serena would have won, would have done EXACTLY this same type thread only saying that Seri owns Juju. So, it's tongue in cheek....for the most part.

1jackson2001
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:37 PM
No..but she does lead their head to head meetings on clay, so that does say something.

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:40 PM
are u retarded? THey have only played three matches on clay, no one owns anyone. Serena beat juju in two decisive sets in rome and juju barely eeked out a in in germany with a tie breaker. So please spare us.

starr
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:46 PM
are U retarded? Seles said at the very beginning of the thread that the whole thing was tongue in cheek..... which anybody who had a teensy weensy bit of sense already knew by reading the thread title.

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:49 PM
are U retarded? Seles said at the very beginning of the thread that the whole thing was tongue in cheek..... which anybody who had a teensy weensy bit of sence already knew by reading the thread title.

it read like more crap to me.

starr
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Better hone your reading skills then.

starr
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:52 PM
But..... thanks for preserving my horrible spelling error. lol. ;)

Mad-About-Venus
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:59 PM
I don't think anybody owns anybody, but one thing is for sure, Justine's confidence playing Serena "on clay" is way over the roof now.

Serena is a hard court player that has adjusted her game very well to play on clay, but Justine grew up playing clay and it's her best surface. She now knows there is nothing between her and Serena.. I repeat .. on clay. She's got the speed, the power, the angles ... the girl is just too good. Today she played like the number on player in the world herself. She also beat Kim last year in Rome in 2 sets, which she never seems to be able to do on hard court.

I say Justine has a great chance to get great wins on clay this year. But Serena is Serena, this is not going to stop her from coming back strong, if anything it's gonna me her mad ..... it's gonna be fun.

Cybelle Darkholme
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:11 AM
But..... thanks for preserving my horrible spelling error. lol. ;)

at least i didnt put it in my sig....:-)

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:13 AM
Truly. ;)

disposablehero
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:14 AM

I have no idea. How come everyone gets carried away whenever the world #1 or #2 beat someone else in the top 5?

BTW, since "Venus is obviously a better player than Kim given the score the last time they played", does that mean Justine is obviously a better player than Serena?

Dawn Marie
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Disposable it means that Justine is a better player than Kim. lol

Really,Venus is a better player than Kim. Kim has got to win a slam to claim that she is better. Serena is still a better player than Justine.. just look at results. Justine is good on clay though.

Realistically, they both need at least two slams a piece to be even compared to Venus and Serena.

Congrats to Justine Henin, you played well. One day she'll win the French Open. Congrats!!

CJ07
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:25 AM
Justine played well, but Serena...she was...off
anyway a wins a win but i wouldnt say she owns anyone

V and Rena are miles ahead of Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin, slams or not, because they'll always be remembered as the Williams Sisters, and quite honestly 20, 30 years from now people will know the Williams Sisters but will say Martina Navratil who? (Not dissing Martina at all, shes the GOAT, but just making a point)

Mr. Man
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:28 AM
I have no idea. How come everyone gets carried away whenever the world #1 or #2 beat someone else in the top 5?
When the hell does this happen? I don't think when Venus or Serena win against the top 5 this board gets 6 threads about the same topic. Or am I wrong?

disposablehero
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:39 AM
Really,Venus is a better player than Kim

Right now, yes. But the people who think the issue can be settled based on one match are simply wrong. Does that mean Kim was the best player in the world last November?

Crazy Canuck
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:43 AM

Why do people ask dumb questions? The answer to your question lies within it.

Dava
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:49 AM
Can we quit with these damn threads!! I hate them no-one owns anyone else!!!

Dawn Marie
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Disposable to answer your question. Kim was not the best player in the world in November. I don't think people are settled on one match.

I mean dayum they are ALL great players. Venus and Serena though have won slams. Honestly imho Kim and Justine have got to win some slams to be considered better tennis players than Venus and Serena.

The same thing when Venus and Serena were young and Hingis and Lindsay dominated. V@S were good but they needed slams to be on their level. Thankfully they accomplished the feat.

Leena
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Even though Juju holds 2-1 advantage over Serena on clay... I'd hardly say that's owning her, considering their match went to 3rd set tiebreak last year in Berlin.

Hulet
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:11 AM
Before you get nasty, this is just a wake up call to those that would have posted exactly the converse had Serena won in 2 decisive sets today.
You are a moron.

Before it gets nasty, I am only saying that b/c that is how some people would have responded if Serena beat Justine and some poster created a similar thread implying the converse.

Dawn Marie
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:19 AM
eta pesi

It's a terrible thing to gloat.. ewe..:);)

My reply is tongue in cheek.

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:38 AM
When the hell does this happen? I don't think when Venus or Serena win against the top 5 this board gets 6 threads about the same topic. Or am I wrong?

You are wrong.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:03 AM
You are wrong.
Starr of course, is right. Sometimes I wonder how it is that one can post so much, yet miss so much.

Asmus
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:17 AM
What a ridiculous idea that Justine owns Serena on clay. Their head to head speaks for itself:

Berlin 01: Justine def Serena 6-3 2-6 7-6
Rome 01: Serena def Justine 7-6 6-4
Charleston 02: Justine def Serena 6-3 6-4

They are obviously very well-matched on clay, and are probably about even. Justine doesn't even have Serena's number! All it means is that when these two play, there will be exciting tennis, and, for once, an unknown outcome in a match featuring Serena!

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:20 AM
Get over it, Asmus. The thread is a joke.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:33 AM
The real question is: Does anybody actually read the first post of a thread before enlightening us with their thoughts?

Leena
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Not everyone is up-to-date on the anti-Williams "humor" of this board, however.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:36 AM
Not everyone is up-to-date on the anti-Williams "humor" of this board, however.
Perhaps you aren't, but there are a number in here who really have no excuse not to know any better.

BasicTennis
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:28 AM
The question should be: "Who owns a Roland Garros Trophy????:devil:

....next question pleeezzzzz.:p

Dawn Marie
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:47 AM
what does it matter who owns who?

Ok let's see:

so far nobody owns Serena at a slam or in the rankings.

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:48 AM
The difference between this thread and the ones that TeeRexx and leslie would have come up with if it had gone the other way is that this one started with a post that was very mild and admitted the thread was mainly humorous.

Imagine the mocking and gloating if the scoreline had gone the other way. :eek:

But a few people have still managed to turn nasty. lol

starr
Apr 14th, 2003, 06:03 AM
It's the haters. They just spread hate everywhere. Ignore the haters. ;)

Zenith
Apr 14th, 2003, 06:06 AM
Justine doesn't own Serena on clay. Great win by her though, she is my favourite Belgian player.

persond
Apr 14th, 2003, 06:07 AM
:cool: :cool: What a funny thread...too, too funny...Just too funny!!! HaHaHaHaHaHAAH

You guys "SLAY" me, just really "SLAY" me...!!!