PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Justine H-H

GogoGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:55 PM
I felt that either Lindsay or Justine would win it all if Serena failed. Yesterday - I had a feeling it wouldn't be Lindsay - but wasn't sure about today's matchup.

Serena fell off her game after leading 3-0 - duh! She seemed to lose her concentration - and she wasn't intent on hanging as tough as she did yesterday. Plus - I think she had the utmost respect for Justine's game. They were ranked 1&2 afterall.

In the second set - Serena was still making errors, and last but not least - she had none - zilch - nada - zero - ACES. Her serve was not nearly on the mark.

Nevertheless - and just the same - Justine showed up to play - and play well she did. She concieved - believed and achieved.

Bravo to Justine Henin - my fourth favorite player.

Heads up Williams' fans. Our girl is and still will be the one to beat.

"YOU'RE STILL NUMBER ONE - SERENA" "YOU'LL PAY HER BACK NEXT TIME DON'TCHAKNOW"

"WAY TO GO JUSTINE" "CONGRATULATIONS"

Evey
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Well Done Justine!! :D

:) :bounce: :) :bounce: :)

gladysharon
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:02 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :worship: SO Happy for You JUSTINE! :bounce: :bounce: :worship:

AjdeNate!
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Great job Justine!!!

the cat
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Congrats to Justine on upsetting Serena and giving Serena her first loss of the year. And congrats to Serena on a great start to 2003!

I've said for a couple of years that Justine Henin is the most talented player pound for pound in women's tennis. Her game is potent. And Juju is a great shotmaker, too! She can certainly win a grand slam title in the near future. Well done Justine! :D

wongqks
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:31 PM
I agree, but I have not seen the match, but having no ace does not mean Serena serve is off, it may well be that Justine has good anticipation which we all know she has.

fleemke³
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I'm looking again at the match :o:o:o

Justine just won set 1 :bounce:;)

VivalaSeles
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Congratulations Juju :kiss: :bounce:
Better luck next time Serena :)

[Great thread GogoGirl :D]

VivalaSeles
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:02 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030413/capt.1050262574family_circle_cup_chtx101.jpg

theheninfan
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Great win Justine! :bounce:

Seles_Beckham
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Bravo Justine

fleemke³
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:11 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030413/capt.1050261865family_circle_cup_chtx103.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030413/capt.1050262756family_circle_cup_chtx104.jpg

Cersei
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:12 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030413/capt.1050262574family_circle_cup_chtx101.jpg

:worship: i'm very happy that Justine was the first one to beat Serena this year :worship:

GogoGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:33 PM
I think my point was – IMO - Serena’s serves were off. I don’t care who is returning – when Serena is fired up on her first serves – no one can anticipate them well. And especially when she is consistently hitting them ova 110mph and placing them well. Her placement was off and she did not have any heat on them (to include seconds) IMO. And isn’t that exactly the point of serving well – when someone is consciously trying to serve @ one’s best? And if so – and in other words – could it have been that Justine was getting to most of them because Serena was not able to concentrate on her entire serve game?

It is unlike Serena not to score at least one service ace. Not that it would have mattered – but it is a fact/truth. After all - w/her having such an spectacular service game is partly how she became numero uno.

Granted - Serena was not or didn’t have the time to concentrate on her service game because Justine kept the pressure and heat on PERIOD, and she forced Serena to worry about other things. Given that though - it just does not take away from the fact that Serena was not serving @ her best.

Justine returned great today – but she also didn’t serve her best. Her first serve was off for the most part – but IMO - she also has a good second serve and got those in for the most part. If one wants to say that Justine was not playing @ her best – then one can also say that Serena was not playing @ hers.

Justine outplayed Serena today or she would not have won it. I am happy for her. I felt in my mind and heart that she would make the final. I wasn’t sure who would win the final match. I think it is a disservice to Justine to state that she is a better player than Serena on clay. What????? Well how in the beans and franks will she eva win a grand slam other than the FO if she can’t match up to the top players on other surfaces? To me – that is a sorry statement. Sure the clay may be her favorite surface – but she can’t become number one by just winning on clay!

I would give Justine a chance against Serena, or any other top player on any surface, because she is a good and almost great player. I stated ova a month ago that I thought she was an elite player. And some feel that in order for a player to be elite – said player would have to have won a slam. Well I guess in some folks’ mind Kim is not elite yet either. I respect that – but I don’t feel the same way. For instance when Serena won @ the US Open 1999 – was she instantly considered an elite player? She didn’t do too much after that for a while – so what does it all mean? I thought then that she had the makings of an elite player and I neva doubted that she would start winning w/consistency. Her pops said that she would be a great player – and she’s more than proven him right.

Needless to say – Justine was the better player today – and she still may have won it even if it had been on grass or hard courts. No one can win them all – each and every time – and not even Serena “I'm Fine - Cause I Still Got the Serena Slam”, Williams.

"ENJOY YOU WELL DESERVED WIN JUSTINE"

"YOU STILL ROCK - ROLL AND RULE SERENA"

Mercury Rising
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:39 PM
I'm looking again at the match :o:o:o

Justine just won set 1 :bounce:;)
Was it on Eurosport?

I'm jealous :o

ßcoene
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Congrats Justine.

I thought before the match that Serena would win because she was playing well this week, I think judging the scores. But I knew, or thought, that the first clay tournemant of Serena would be the moment to beat her.
Clay is her weakest surface, of course she can still beat everyone on clay, but maybe she needs more time to be on top of her game.

aisha
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Congratulations Justine.

You deserved to win. Enjoy it. :wavey:

MarcusRock
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Congrats to Justine. If I had room enough in my sig for players I liked, she'd be in there.

Speaking of which, have they upped the limit from 500 characters? I need to prepare for more stupid quotes and don't want to part with the ones I have. Ah well.

VivalaSeles
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:57 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030413/capt.1050264734family_circle_cup_chtx106.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030413/capt.1050265268family_circle_cup_chtx107.jpg

Freewoman33
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Congrats. to Justine. Good luck next week J.

Better luck next time Serena. Can't win them all, girl.

Oizo
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:14 PM
YAY!!! Well done Justine! You really deserve it! YESSSSSSSS!!!!! :bounce: :D :kiss:

GrahamD
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Congratulations Justine on your fantastic victory. This is just the kind of kick in the ass that womens tennis needed and what bigger and better ass to kick than the one you kicked today. Well done! :worship:

Now that we've seen Meghann and now Justine show the world that the Williams' are not invincible, the whole future looks so much brighter now for everyone involved in the the womens game. This kind of victory is exactly what was needed to give the WTA tour the push out of the humdrum procession that was killing the game, the boring tedium of the so-called Williams domination of the game. Hopefully this is the beginning of end and also the start of a new beginning where there is hope and life and excitement once again for every female tennis player.

Thanks Justine, you really made my day today!! :D :D :D :devil:

VivalaSeles
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:06 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030413/capt.1050265811family_circle_cup_chtx109.jpg

Dava
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Congrats Justine!!! you played really well all week and to think you nearly got knocked out in R1!!!

selesfan
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Congrats Justine. :) Can't believe I missed the match. :( Congrats to Serena also, you can't win em all girl. :)

BasicTennis
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:30 AM
congrats Justine....now you're a marked man at RG.hehehe:devil:

persond
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:43 AM
:cool: How sad that the "whole of your existence" is wrapped up in a "tennis match"!!! And, that the "so-called Williams domination of the WTA tour to you is so "humdrum and tedious". I bet you a "fat man", that if the domination you so hate and find so humdrum were from your favs (??Daniella or??Jelena) we wouldn't be having this conversation. One win by Meghann or even Justine only means that that player was the better player on the day. Nothing more and nothing less. Serena and Venus are proven champions, something your favs have yet to accomplish. So all the moaning and pissing in hell won't change that fact. And, an occaisional win by other players will do little to keep the Sisters from their appointed destinies.

Congratulations Justine on a good win and a better performance on the day than Serena. And, may you continue this good form throughout the clay season. Hope the "mantle" of GWH doesn't affect your future performances.

janjan
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Congrats Jusitne.
I am so proud of you.
Thanks for good performance.

gokimmie
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:23 AM
congrats justine:)

Volcana
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Congrats to Justine. Well played.

BelgianGirl
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Well done, Justine!!! You really deserved that win!! :D

tennisjam
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:18 AM
It's good to see that small player as she is can cope with much bigger and powerfull opponents...

The Crow
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:37 AM
I think my point was – IMO - Serena’s serves were off. I don’t care who is returning – when Serena is fired up on her first serves – no one can anticipate them well. And especially when she is consistently hitting them ova 110mph and placing them well. Her placement was off and she did not have any heat on them (to include seconds) IMO. And isn’t that exactly the point of serving well – when someone is consciously trying to serve @ one’s best? And if so – and in other words – could it have been that Justine was getting to most of them because Serena was not able to concentrate on her entire serve game?

It is unlike Serena not to score at least one service ace. Not that it would have mattered – but it is a fact/truth. After all - w/her having such an spectacular service game is partly how she became numero uno.

Granted - Serena was not or didn’t have the time to concentrate on her service game because Justine kept the pressure and heat on PERIOD, and she forced Serena to worry about other things. Given that though - it just does not take away from the fact that Serena was not serving @ her best.

Justine returned great today – but she also didn’t serve her best. Her first serve was off for the most part – but IMO - she also has a good second serve and got those in for the most part. If one wants to say that Justine was not playing @ her best – then one can also say that Serena was not playing @ hers.

Justine outplayed Serena today or she would not have won it. I am happy for her. I felt in my mind and heart that she would make the final. I wasn’t sure who would win the final match. I think it is a disservice to Justine to state that she is a better player than Serena on clay. What????? Well how in the beans and franks will she eva win a grand slam other than the FO if she can’t match up to the top players on other surfaces? To me – that is a sorry statement. Sure the clay may be her favorite surface – but she can’t become number one by just winning on clay!

I would give Justine a chance against Serena, or any other top player on any surface, because she is a good and almost great player. I stated ova a month ago that I thought she was an elite player. And some feel that in order for a player to be elite – said player would have to have won a slam. Well I guess in some folks’ mind Kim is not elite yet either. I respect that – but I don’t feel the same way. For instance when Serena won @ the US Open 1999 – was she instantly considered an elite player? She didn’t do too much after that for a while – so what does it all mean? I thought then that she had the makings of an elite player and I neva doubted that she would start winning w/consistency. Her pops said that she would be a great player – and she’s more than proven him right.

Needless to say – Justine was the better player today – and she still may have won it even if it had been on grass or hard courts. No one can win them all – each and every time – and not even Serena “I'm Fine - Cause I Still Got the Serena Slam”, Williams.

"ENJOY YOU WELL DESERVED WIN JUSTINE"

"YOU STILL ROCK - ROLL AND RULE SERENA"

Great post :D :D

doloresc
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:59 AM
i didn't see the match but i wasn't surprised by the result. henin-hardenne is an intelligent, versatile player who knew she had to upset serena's rhythm. i hope every coach made a copy of the fcc final because henin-hardenne demonstrated how to beat serena. her game plan is most effective on clay, in my opinion.

congratulations to the belgian #2!

SerialKiller#69
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:22 PM
yey, for Justine... hopefully this will rekindle other players' determination to improve in their game and challenge the top players. Impressive win!

GrahamD
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:46 PM
yey, for Justine... hopefully this will rekindle other players' determination to improve in their game and challenge the top players. Impressive win!

Exactly - it gives renewed hope to everyone else now - no-one is unbeatable.

mentos
Apr 14th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Congrats Justine!
She did an excellent job of frustrating Serena
and capitalizing on every opening that was given.
As for Serena :worship: : I want to see another undefeated streak started.

Sonja
Apr 14th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Congratulations to Justine; what an achievement!

This is gonna motivate Serena like you wouldn't believe. Be scared, be very scared....

RAA
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Congrats to Justine. I have always thought that her game (with lots of topspin and balls that bounce high) could give the power hitters trouble. Clay is her best surface. good win for Justine! I was sorry to see Serena lose, but actually am happy that her quest to go undefeated has ended early in the season so we can get the reporters to ask her about something ELSE other than that.

anyway, good on you Justine. Good hard fought win. She hung in there even after getting down early.

Smart
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Congrats Justine!!! You are really worth while this victory.

Rae Q.
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Congrats to Justine. I have always thought that her game (with lots of topspin and balls that bounce high) could give the power hitters trouble. Clay is her best surface. good win for Justine! I was sorry to see Serena lose, but actually am happy that her quest to go undefeated has ended early in the season so we can get the reporters to ask her about something ELSE other than that.

anyway, good on you Justine. Good hard fought win. She hung in there even after getting down early.

Lol! Cute and really good post! :D

Congratulations Justine!

http://uselessgraphics.com/dansedollz.gif

gladysharon
Apr 14th, 2003, 04:30 PM
She hung in there even after getting down early.

That's what's so amazing... :worship:

anton
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:22 PM
ju ju :wavey: