PDA

View Full Version : How many people will jump on the bandwagon of the player that beats Serena?

Glenn
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:01 PM
OMG, imagine that... it will be so bad...
People will be calling themselves "fans" and all... :rolleyes:

venusfan
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:08 PM
me... I will always be on Venus side so no bandwagon

leslie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:09 PM

And then whoever that play is that beat Serena she would probably lose to a WC in her next match. Look what happen to Megan she beat Venus and then the WC Ashley beat her. What a joke.

SJW
OMG so true

remember what happened to kim? W/S fans began to hate her

but ppl hate justine now already anywayz...

just jokin u know i love u glenn ;) :hearts: :kiss: :worship: :angel:

SJW
not next match....next tourney ;)

leslie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:11 PM
not next match....next tourney ;)

Yea, thanks next tourney.

Glenn
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Yea, bad rep that chick for me, she's annoying...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to leslie again. :rolleyes:

leslie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Yea, bad rep that chick for me, she's annoying...
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to leslie again. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what your message mean.

AjdeNate!
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:20 PM
I already like Monica well enough..... but I too, like Justine! :bounce:

Glenn
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:22 PM
I mean the first player to beat Serena...

AjdeNate!
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:26 PM
I mean the first player to beat Serena...
Like I said... :p

vaiva
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:31 PM
I won't jump :) And Glenn, I do not think it would be as bad as you're trying to tell us. Just regular stuff - the GM will be full of crap and identical threads, just like after the Nasdaq final :o

But I would certainly like to see such match and to witness myself how that player managed to do that

selesfan
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Only those who hate the sisters. :rolleyes:

Hendouble
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Don't worry, I won't jump on the bandwagon - I will savour the result, commend them upon their victory and then get back to the real world and hope for the next defeat, which may not be for quite some time.

niratti
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:43 PM
I will borrow Halle Berry's word "THE DOOR HAS BEEN OPENED"!! :)

Keith
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:57 PM
I think its a great win for Justine. I'm glad Serena lost and this won't make me a Justine fan. She is still plain Jane to me

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:04 PM
I've always liked Kim and Justine, just not as much as Venus and Serena :-)

Good Win Justine :-)

Mase
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:08 PM
I think people will respect her for this win, but I dont think its going to automatically make her people's new favorite player. I definitley give her props for the win and showing everyone that Serena is beatable, but Im still not going to call myself her fan. You better believe next time she's up against Jenn or Monica, I'll have long forgotten about this win.. Hahahaha.

Julian
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:14 PM
And then whoever that play is that beat Serena she would probably lose to a WC in her next match. Look what happen to Megan she beat Venus and then the WC Ashley beat her. What a joke.

Ummm..first off it's spelled MEGHANN...2nd Meghann did play a few matches between that Venus win and her loss against Ashely..she lost to jennifer in 3 tight sets the next round, and here in Charleston she won two matches before losing to Ashley..besides, Ashley beat 3 top 20 players which included Meghann.

But anyway, I guess I have to agree with others in that I won't be a fan of whoever beats the Williams' but I will RESPECT them. :)

Diya
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Can i jump in ? ;) Only because i like you a lot Glenn ? ;) :D

Glenn
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:31 PM
HAHA :D :o
Is that flirting Diya? ;)

matthias
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:05 PM

you can see the true fans just in bad-times
not in good times

Glenn
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:06 PM
you can see the true fans just in bad-times
not in good times

Good answer which is very true!
I respect the real Dokic fans for that!

Jarrett
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Not me. lol Justine will never be one of my favorites no matter who she beats. Pretty backhand though. ;)

hollywood7172
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:18 PM
just because SO many williams fans cheer jen's every loss, i will jump on THAT bandwagon and say:

"yeah! serena lost!! even though i NEVER cheer for justine i will now just because she beat serena!!"

very childish huh? cybelle darkholme and teerexx?

amazing win justine! you are still a champ serena! tennis rules!

Jakeev
Apr 15th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Or how bout this? Someone who has never really seen Justine play a match or respected her game before just might think to him or herself "wow what an awesome player she is."

These "bandwagon" accusations just because someone might be impressed with a rising player or a particular result of a veteran in my mind is pure CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

The last time I checked this was a messageboard in which we discuss the sport we love and the women who play it.

If I want to discuss Julia Scruff because she came out of nowhere to make it to the final of her first WTA final, I have the right to discuss this without being told I am jumping onto some bandwagon for her.

Glenn, love ya but this thread is pure CRAP......... :fiery: :fiery:

SJW
Apr 15th, 2003, 01:01 AM
well from what ive seen Glenn not to many people have jumped abroad.

this loss wasnt (that much of a) shock to me.

re. leaving players in bad times, glenn u cant talk u dropped Anna and Alex so quickly mate, ;)

re. Dokic, i AM still her fan but i dont have enough space in my sig so i had to delete some :o

i dont care what anyone says about Jeca i still think shes a great player :)

GO JECA :D