PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Serena Winning Every Match?

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:55 AM
She's like the Tom Hanks of tennis.
She always gets the Oscar.

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Well because it is written in the stars. Nothing we can do about it. It's her time to shine at this moment.

MarcusRock
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Because she can.
She walks around like she's the f-ing Serena Williams.
She doesn't even get prosecuted for assault. See below.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Bslap-S-tr-x3.gif

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:01 AM
marucasrock :rolleyes:

dawn, did you see the serena interview after the lin c match?
she was gracious and polite.

i didnt really care for some of the questions pam and mary joe asked her.

i dont think serena cared for some of them either as they asked one questrions and serean would answer another one

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:04 AM
for example i think pam asked serena what was the improvement in her clay game for 2003 and serena started talking about 2002 and then she said some stuff about justine

i think serena knew pam was setting her up to talk about her weaknesses wahtever they might be.

i think lindsay was playing a few like hitting hard down the middle and pressuring the forehand. serena's forehand holds up better thand venus the last few matcehs but serena can miss a lot of forehands if you hit a ton like lin c

those few aces at the end were i know a bummer for lin c

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:04 AM
No I didn't but I popped in the tape and am watching the beat down as I type.

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:06 AM
MarcuRock, you're just too funny!:)

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:07 AM
ok.

do you like all that orange stuff?
why does serena have to wear loud colors all the time? :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:15 AM
Because she has the beautiful brownish skintone and she can. I don't find orange loud at all.

brickhousesupporter
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:23 AM
Anton stop hatin!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:25 AM
yeah anton, you little venus fan you;) SIKE! lol

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:27 AM
my bad.

but those miami short, shorts gots to go :rolleyes:

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Lucky outfit, it keeps winning and winning.:)

BasicTennis
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:32 AM
Serena is just unbeatable ON and OFF the court.:devil: no Venus fans could bother her.;)

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:35 AM
i think venus is doing serena's interior design for her LA apartment.

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Venus wants Serena to beat down opponents at the FFC. I want whatever Venus wants.:)

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:36 AM
"Venus has much to be proud of" "Venus has a reputation beyond dispute" "Venus is a name known to all"

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:37 AM
dawn do you know if the poland tournament final will be on tv?

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:39 AM
No I don't know.

BasicTennis
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:41 AM
i think venus is doing serena's interior design for her LA apartment.
Venus would bring her design skills at Roland Garros.hehehe :worship:

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:45 AM
i think it will be tough for serena to win again in paris.

people are playing her tougher.

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:49 AM
anton she has a 21/0 win streak.. who is playin her tougher? Serena is the tougher one. She just beat down Davenport dude? So far this Venus and Kim played her the toughest.

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:53 AM
i mean the reason serena wins is she hit aces and winners on the key points.

if somebody else can do that too they have a great chance to win.

venus almost did this in melbourne before her game fell apart in that last game.

serena was quick to point out "nobody can serve 125 for 2 hours". we'll see serena

Volcana
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:56 AM
Being a flat-out better tennis player helps a lot.

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Because she's ALL THAT and a bag of chips :-)

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:00 AM
go serena!

(if you have time give me some rep points, OK?) please :sad:

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:03 AM
what the last two posters stated.:):)

Serena is alot more than just Serving if you don't believe that then you must be walking with a cane and can't see all that well.

She has angles,serve,groundies,speed,anticipation,mental focus..................................and last but not least!!..............................ORANGE SHORTS!!:)

spencercarlos
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:05 AM
She has the whole package, serve, groundies, overhead, can volley as well, defends, attacks, she does everything well, i may say extremly well.

BasicTennis
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:24 AM

actually, tough opponents ONLY makes Serena a tougher and better player. She always brings out her best game in this type of matches. She is the best competitor ever. :worship:

katrientje
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:32 AM
she 's just mazingly fast, strong, her fysique is superb and above all she added a lot of finesse the last years.
Not to talk about her mental toughness...

spencercarlos
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:35 AM

If this is correct? ok but who has been winning over Serena lately?

Its really tough what Serena is doing, which is win every match she is playing.
Venus has lost twice this year (1 to Serena), Kim has lost 5 times this year (3 to Serena), Capriati has lost 5 times this year as well (1 to Serena). This to mention the top 10 players that are have played close matches to Serena this year.

So if they are playing better and Serena is still beating them seems like Serena is playing better as well :rolleyes:

spencercarlos
Apr 13th, 2003, 07:37 AM
go serena!

Done it, you too do the same for me :p ;)

tennisIlove09
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Why Is Serena Winning Every Match?

...because no one's beating her?

anton
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Done it, you too do the same for me :p ;)

thanks petosp!

I always think of your name as pepcid, the drug on tv :D

im listening to john mayer cd now!! :eek:

i just bought it!!! :wavey:

gweeny
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:31 PM
I think she is wiinning because she has CONFIDENCE. I don't think her skills have really improved since when capriati and venus were beating her consistently. She was better than Jennifer back then, but she just could not close out the match. And now she is even better than Venus (or hopefully at the same level as Venus ;) ). But main thing is she has a lot of confidence. :D

Mateo Mathieu
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:37 PM
You're wrong!! She did lost some matches!! :p

VS Fan
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Uhhh...

This Year, Serena Williams has lost NADA, no singles, no doubles and ALSO Zero losses in exihibitions.

When she pulled out of Scottsdale, it was NOT considered a loss, as no points were played.

Astro Jetson
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:57 PM
I agree with Gweeny. Serena her confidence level is extremely high at the moment (certainly after AO SF).

Becool
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Because she stop making stupid errors at the wrong times.. Everyone knew how she played against Venus and Jennifer in the past... Errors and errors at wrong times that cost her the matches.. And also that she's mentally stronger.. She used to fell into pieces on third sets, or stay vulnerable.. But now she's stronger than ever!

And pff Anton, orange rules :p

GO Serena!

Done (about your rep. Now do the same to me :p!)

leslie
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:30 PM
marucasrock :rolleyes:

dawn, did you see the serena interview after the lin c match?
she was gracious and polite.

i didnt really care for some of the questions pam and mary joe asked her.

i dont think serena cared for some of them either as they asked one questrions and serean would answer another one

I notice that also. Serena knows that pam and maryjoe can't stand she or her sister and the sisters would rather not talk to them but they have no choice, they have to do the interviews. At one point Pam asked Serena a question and Serena blantly said "I don't know" with an attitude I applauded Serena for that. And then at the end pam with her phoney self said "Serena you were great" some crap like that she said, as if Serena need her to say she's great. Serena knows she's great already she does not need to hear that from Pam, maybe anyone else but certainly not Pam.

power26
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:37 PM
because Serena continuously cuts down on her errors and improves all her assets like serves and backhand. The most fearing part of it is that she hasn't maximized her net approaches yet, ther one Venus is known for as the killer in net approaches.

Kart
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:27 PM
Because she can.
She walks around like she's the f-ing Serena Williams.
She doesn't even get prosecuted for assault. See below.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Bslap-S-tr-x3.gif

ROTFL :D .

SJW
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:43 PM
anton stop hatin on Serena ;)

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:48 PM
You know I was thinking if Serena did cut down her errors like in the first set on a consistent basis ....WOW.... she really would be unbeatable.

catkey94
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:31 PM
I think she is wiinning because she has CONFIDENCE. I don't think her skills have really improved since when capriati and venus were beating her consistently. She was better than Jennifer back then, but she just could not close out the match. And now she is even better than Venus (or hopefully at the same level as Venus ;) ). But main thing is she has a lot of confidence. :D

I agree. I think the biggest reason why Serena is winning is her attitude. She doesn't believe that she can lose. And she plays her opponents like she knows she is the better player, and I think a lot of players get intimidated.

I really think that Serena is getting the psychological advantage over her opponents too. One thing I have noticed is that she grunts really loud when she serves as if to warn her opponent that she is going to rip an ace down the line or something.

She is getting in people's head. I think that it is not only going to take a good player to beat her, but somebody that is mentally tough too.

selesfan
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:37 PM
go serena!

You want Serena to give you rep points after you dissed her fashion sense? ;)

selesfan
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:39 PM
...because no one's beating her?

LOL!

Seenus
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:02 PM
MarcuRock, you're just too funny!:)

He thinks he is the F****** Marcus Rock

harloo
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I think her mental game has picked up, but I don't think that is the only reason why she has had this emergence. I think Serena has just gotten better in making decisions on court. Before she would not construct points properly and go for too much. IMO, this is the same thing that Venus had to go through in order to get better. Their was a time when Venus didn't always construct points well. You see the difference, and that with the combination of speed, power, and determination is helping her win. She will eventually lose this year, but it is a possiblity that she can go undefeated if she stays on her game and focused.

Don't hate Anton, Venus will be back. :D

Seenus
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:32 PM
You know I was thinking if Serena did cut down her errors like in the first set on a consistent basis ....WOW.... she really would be unbeatable.
Somebody prove that she is beatable now!