PDA

View Full Version : Why was Evie promoted to the main draw???

tenn_ace
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:52 AM
After Anna withdrew???

Shouldn't be Marlene who is ranked higher?

marsha
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:56 AM
After Anna withdrew???

Shouldn't be Marlene who is ranked higher?

I *think* that it is because Marlene, Ansley, and Nadia (all more highly ranked than Evie) had already played their matches before the withdrawl and Evie hadn't (lucky Evie!).

tenn_ace
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:08 AM
but in that case that should have kept Anna's spot for a LL... a real one ;)

Venus Forever
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:15 AM
It's because Evie was next on the entry list. It goes by ranking when the entry list came out, not when the tournament begins.;)

Gowza
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:18 AM
i hope evie can get some ppoints before RG because she r4eached the 2nd or 3rd round there last year and i don't want her to drop in the rankings. besides pratt and molik us aussies don't have any other players that play all four grand slams. they gets WC's into the oz open, do well at the open and then drop off again. it was good to see evie at RG last year but i'm hoping she can keep her ranking up all year. she has already started to drop a bit.

marsha
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:06 PM
but in that case that should have kept Anna's spot for a LL... a real one ;)

Nope, because Anna pulled out before she actually had a "spot" (you will notice on the draw, her name does not appear at all -- had she withdrawn later, her name would have been crossed out and then a LL would appear.

Too bad for Marlene, though, but if she plays like yesterday she'll make the Main Draw no sweat anyway.