PDA

View Full Version : The qualies I saw -- scores, observations, suggestion for tomorrow....

marsha
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:33 AM
Julia Vakulenko def. Ansley Cargill 3-6, 7-5, 6-3
Nadia Petrova def. Vanessa Henke 7-6 6-0
Alina Jidkova def. Kelley Hyndman 6-2, 6-1
Akiko Morigami def. Yvette Hyndman 6-2, 6-2
Milagros Sequera def. Tara Snyder 6-2, 6-2
Marlene Weingartner def. Renata Voracova (forget score; two sets tho')
Maria Vento-Kabchi def. Lindsay Lee-Waters 4-6, 5-0 (when I left!)

When I left (5 pm!), there should have been only one more match -- ??
composed in some way of Mashona Washington, Samantha Reeves, and/or Evie Dominikovic --?? I was there and couldn't get a "straight" answer, so I can imagine how frustrated y'all were.

Why Vanessa Henke got in I'm not sure; she was not on the list of 16 we were given when we first got to the tournie this am -- Nadia had been scheduled to play Milagros; Evie was to play Tara, Mashona v. Reeves.

If you have questions about any of the above, I'll try to answer them tomorrow night (going to bed now; it's almost 11 pm and I am plum tuckered out! -- or call me anytime tomorrow after 8 am)

If you want scores tomorrow, call me on my cell (352-318-3456) -- phone will be on except when I am courtside (I run back and forth a lot, so no doubt y'all can catch me fairly often) I hope it will be less confusing than today....

marsha
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:49 AM
In looking at what is happening tomorrow, it looks like they just "held over" the Washington/Reeves match and the winner will play 2 tomorow -- not great from Sam's point-of-view, I bet.

Apparently Evie D. is straight to the main draw -- though Marlene and Ansley and Nadia are more highly ranked (but had already played--??). I think this kinda thing has happened before.

So tomorrow its Marlene v. Maria; Julia v. Alina; Nadia v. Akiko, and the winner of Mashona/SAm v, Milagros.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:39 AM
I can call you for results...or if you have free long distance you can call me so I dont interrupt your tennis! If you happen to check the board before you go to the matches check your PM quick for my cell phone number :)

marsha
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:13 AM
I can call you for results...or if you have free long distance you can call me so I dont interrupt your tennis! If you happen to check the board before you go to the matches check your PM quick for my cell phone number :)

I got it, ZZ -- thanks!

King Aaron
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:50 PM
I think maybe it is because Ansley, Marlene and Nadia had started already.

Did you see Ansley's match? How was she playing? I'm kind of disappointed with her loss. She lost badly to Teryn Ashley last week and now she lost to Julia. :sad:

Lee-Waters' Boy
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:54 PM
aaron, Marsha posted something about Ansley's play on another thread..maybe the scores one

King Aaron
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:06 PM
aaron, Marsha posted something about Ansley's play on another thread..maybe the scores one
I know ZZ. I saw that one, maybe Marsha can give another more in-depth analysis? ;)