PDA

View Full Version : Bend It Like Beckham...

Seles_Beckham
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Bend It Like Beckham :)

In US it was # 18 last week this week it is # 16

In one week = $1,170,139
for a total of $2,559,087 in just 4 weeks :)

And don't forget that the movie is shown in just a smal number of cinema.

DutchieGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:45 AM
:eek: It only just came out in the US??? I've had it on video for months! We are ahead of the US in something! :bounce: ;)

DutchieGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:53 AM
No, it's a UK film? I never would have guessed, seeing as I have it on video and all! :p :rolleyes: It just seems weird that they released it here before the US! I mean really, why do they care if it does well in Aus - we are only 19 million people! ;)

turt
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:20 AM
The film is funny, I've seen it here months ago! :angel:

BTW, why does the movie begin with this Manchester-United vs Anderlecht? :( It was 5-1 for ManU, and as an Anderlecht supporter, it was like stabbing me a second time lol ;)

Mattographer
Apr 13th, 2003, 08:24 AM
I really like it :D

Evey
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Thats a good film :) I have it on DVD

DutchieGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:50 PM
The film is funny, I've seen it here months ago! :angel:

BTW, why does the movie begin with this Manchester-United vs Anderlecht? :( It was 5-1 for ManU, and as an Anderlecht supporter, it was like stabbing me a second time lol ;)

hehe I noticed that! ;) Maybe Beckham did really well in that match which is why they chose it? ;)

DutchieGirl
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:53 PM
Uk and Aus film industries share alot. We get alot of UK films here b4 the US. Also having US sucess is rather difficult.

Hmm, can't say I ever really noticed that many uk films here! (Don't mention Ali G - coz that was THE worst film I ever saw). We always have so many US films here. I can't imagine any Aussie film has really been successful in the US! ;) (I mean like a REAL Aussie film - Priscilla or something).