PDA

View Full Version : lindsay won an amazing point today

croat123
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:13 PM
this must have been one of the most amazing points i've ever seen.

it was 3-3 and Ad-davenport
lindsay hit a hard first serve to serena's backhand and serena pounded a return cc. davenport hardly got to it, but was able to get just enough of her racket on the ball to hit a dtl drop shot. serena raced to the ball and hit a cc drop shot which lindsay easily got to and she hit the ball dtl. i thought the point was over, but serena somehow was able to get to that ball. lindsay then hit an overhead cc which serena got to again, throwing herselft at the ball. lindsay then finally put away her second overhead, hitting it dtl.

amazing point!

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:16 PM
i remember this point :D it was so good i pumped my fist for lindsay after she won it...great point for sure...

persond
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:18 PM

lindsay hit a hard first serve to serena's backhand and serena pounded a return cc. davenport hardly got to it, but was able to get just enough of her racket on the ball to hit a dtl drop shot. serena raced to the ball and hit a cc drop shot which lindsay easily got to and she hit the ball dtl. i thought the point was over, but serena somehow was able to get to that ball. lindsay then hit an overhead cc which serena got to again, throwing herselft at the ball. lindsay then finally put away her second overhead, hitting it dtl.

amazing point!

:cool: ...there were quite a few "magnificent" shots through out the entire match!!! It was a "truely" exciting match; hope Justine's match tomorrow is just as exciting!!!! :) :) :) :)

SerenaSlam
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:21 PM

amazing point!
funnie you can say, ALLL THIS FOR 1 POINT? clearly this is what you are up against and what you have to do/come up with when you are facing Serena Williams today. It was more so a point in which you would see the men playing. Thinking the point was over, infact in almost started over again. Fabolous points througout the entire match today, this 1 just really stood out..
Still in :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: from Serena's Returns off First and Second Serves, Especially the First :eek:

wongqks
sounds like both are playing well, but it is scary to see Serena continue her onslaught on WTA players :)

DEETHELICK
Well done Lindsay, but kudos to Serena too. That girl is all over the court.

Thats the only problem for Lindsay, can she continually make that effort point after point to finish Serena off?

Yeah i hope Serena and Justine give a great match! It could be a brilliant display of tennis :)

selesfan87
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Wonder how Serena feels, knowing there isn't a woman on Earth (some 3 billion) that can beat her.

SerenaSlam
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Wonder how Serena feels, knowing there isn't a woman on Earth (some 3 billion) that can beat her.
venus can, just she only gets the 1 chance an opportunity in like 5 tournies out of the entire year, while others get like maybe 6-8 chances b/c they play the same tournies :)

england_rules
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Serena is beatable it's just f*cking hard!

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Serena is beatable it's just f*cking hard!
thats an understatement...

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Serena is awsome,one point she got the ball back three times on points that Lindsay thought she had. Amazing great match!

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:25 AM
That was a good point ....one of many. Serena was really hustling in that point but Lindsay should have put the first overhead away.

c2
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:57 AM
I agree w/ wtatour.. I was saying "put it away LINDSAY" but the fact is Serena makes it verrry hard to "put" anyting away... (it's so easy to say, hard to do!) shots that are *always* winners just aren't with Serena. Still, Lindsay won that point and the crowd was on their feet. I think it'll be remembered as the best point in the tourney, tomorrow included....Lindsay did herself proud and fought like a champion.

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:22 AM
I don't think the crowd was on their feet just for Lindsay. I think it was more so for Serena. She won the point but it was Serena who made that point. Serena got many balls back and thus the crowd roared for them both.

Volcana
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:56 AM
I would have called this thread, 'Serena lost an amazing point today'.

I felt watching it that the ovation after that point was totally for Serena, even though the crowd was backing Lindsay a bit. (Only a bit. This wasn't a partisan crowd.) If youdidn't see this point, description can't really do it justice. Lindsay hit a drop shot Serena had trouble reacing, a down the line pass NOBODY could have caught up with, only Serena did, and an cross-court overhead to end the point, only Serena caught up with too.

It almost didn't matter that Lindsay won the point. She was facing an opponent who did everything better than Lindsay, and ran like the wind. Kudos to Lindsay for abandonning the play-it-safe strategy in the 2nd set, and accepting the UEs that go with aggressive play.

SerenaSlam
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:56 AM
I don't think the crowd was on their feet just for Lindsay. I think it was more so for Serena. She won the point but it was Serena who made that point. Serena got many balls back and thus the crowd roared for them both.
before c2 tries to get on you, and you both start arguing, how about we just say the crowd was standing for both players making it a great point. Serena didn't do it by herself, and lindsay didn't do it by herself. they need eachother ;)

Sofiane
Apr 13th, 2003, 01:59 AM
The understatement is that there is not 3 billion women tennis players.
I am sure Serena would lose a math contest against my sister :) (My sister got a master in pure maths).
Congrats Serena on yet another win.

Dawn Marie
Apr 13th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Serenaslam I did say that.. above;) I said the crowd roared for them both.

But in reality, they cheered not cause Lindsay won a measly point.. BUT that Serena got many of Lindsay's shot back to her during the point and rally. All Lindsay did was hit the ball back it was Serena who ran them all down with her speed and kept getting it back. If the point was won 7 shots prior there would be no standing ovation.

It was a great tennis moment, and at that time the fans were happy. I do think the crowd was amazed at what Serena did more so than Lindsay hitting that last shot to win the point.:):)

again (Serena's beautiful defense) caused the excitement.. lol

LeonHart
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:22 AM
I remember that point! I was on my feet jumping up and down cheering, then i went to get a crunch bar. :D