PDA

View Full Version : The problem with Lindsay against Serena.........

Jakeev
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:51 PM
.......is that she is not going court on fire and confident that she can win the match. I think Lindsay MUST be aggressive from the very first point and not wait so long to find the spark that allows her to be one of the players that can actually compete with Serena on court.

I respect that Lindsay has respect for Serena's level of play. But the old Lindsay I know should be taking Serena to the limit and until she finds that connection again, where just gonna see more easy Serena victories such as today.

BK4ever
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Serena has a dominating H2H against her...

The bottomline is that everything Davey does...Rena does better and the fact that she is not even in Serena's league athletically...makes it even more difficult for her.

Serena can hit with her and unlike Serena...Davey sometimes has to hit a winner 2-3 times before a point is over...

Movement is the MAJOR reason why Serena owns Davey

M2k
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:03 PM
.......is that she is not going court on fire and confident that she can win the match. I think Lindsay MUST be aggressive from the very first point and not wait so long to find the spark that allows her to be one of the players that can actually compete with Serena on court.

I respect that Lindsay has respect for Serena's level of play. But the old Lindsay I know should be taking Serena to the limit and until she finds that connection again, where just gonna see more easy Serena victories such as today.

Exactly Jakeev ---> :worship: Lindsay must be mentally stronger if she wants to contend again. I just feel she has all this talent, but her belief is not there ---> :sad:

Jakeev
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:08 PM
But Lindsay's results against Serena have gone from three-set thrillers to straight set near wipeouts. Serena may own Lindsay, but at least Lindsay would put the fear of God in her.

That is not happening anymore.

selesfan
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:09 PM
The problem with Lindsay is Serena is across the net. She can do everything Lindsay can but better.

Maajken
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:15 PM
nah i dont agree serena does everything better...its all in lindsay's head, she simply doesnt believe she can win, thats all.

M2k
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Serena has a dominating H2H against her...

The bottomline is that everything Davey does...Rena does better and the fact that she is not even in Serena's league athletically...makes it even more difficult for her.

Serena can hit with her and unlike Serena...Davey sometimes has to hit a winner 2-3 times before a point is over...

Movement is the MAJOR reason why Serena owns Davey

...Serena is one talented lady (and I respect her very much) , but hell no should Davenport be having such an ugly HdH lol --> :eek: :eek: She's too good for that!

Davenport :sad:

selesrules
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:19 PM
I heard that Serena once sat on Davenport by accident, and since that day Lindsay has been terrified of Serena's butt. So it's hard for her to concentrate in their matches. :eek:

Jakeev
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Mini poll alert..........what do you think is funnier? Selesrules or Kumquat jokes?

DEETHELICK
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:12 PM
I think Lindsay's movement is the deciding factor between the two.

I wouldn't say Serena does everything better, like Lindsay's groundies seem more 'solid' than Serena's, whilst Serena's look more explosive.

I just read somewhere (?) that Lindsay said she would like to end Serena's winning streak (not in a negative context) and believed that somebody would beat Serena at some point.

Lindsay seems to have the mentality, but when she needs to close it, I think a bit of tentativeness and Serena upping the ante combines to make Lindsay lose control over the match.

I think if Lindsay could run and run and run like Serena, we'd have more of a rivalry.