PDA

View Full Version : Retired Russian generals planned Iraqi defence: Russain public pissed off (link)

Car Key Boi
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:36 PM
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2003/04/10/009.html

Some interesting highlights...

"As the allies' push into Iraq seemed to falter, many hearts in Moscow and in Europe rejoiced."

many in the US anti-crowd also rejoiced...

interesting that a Russian mag is referring to the coalition as allies.

(Russian) "retired generals helped Hussein prepare a war plan to defeat the Americans"

Russia really wanted to preserve those oil contracts..

"Precision-guided munitions are widely considered to be costly pranks -- not real weapons."

Gotta hand it to the Rummy plan on this one.

"Already many in Russia are beginning to ask why our forces are so ineffective compared to the Brits and Americans; and why the two battles to take Grozny in 1995 and 2000 each took more than a month to complete, with more that 5,000 Russian soldiers killed and tens of thousands wounded in both engagements, given that Grozny is one tenth the size of Baghdad."

OWNED! :)

- Car Key Boi :cool:

the cat
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:26 PM
CKB, I guess the Russian Generals and commanders are impressed by the American and British militaries.

Shane54
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Keep em coming CKB!! I really feel good for the U.S troops and George W. Bush and Tony Blair! I believe to a certain degree they were vindicated. Good to see the Iraqi people rejoice and rip up pics of Sadam