PDA

View Full Version : Have u ever ruined a very good opportunity for a love relationship.....

rocktheboat
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:17 PM
............just because the other person was ‘TOO’ good for u?:confused:

My sister just did!She’s been in love with that guy for years now and she never thought that he could love her too.He’s the sorta fellow who has everything, a nice personality and the looks too! But the other day he told her he loved her and she laughed cuz she thought the guy was making fun of her! :eek: She could not believe that someone ‘so great’ could love her (we’re a very insecure family! :sad: ). And now she’s having regrets.She’s thinking ‘what if he was serious?’The guy is keeping his distance from her now unsurprisingly!

Any of you been thru something like that? And what did u do about it?

rocktheboat
Apr 12th, 2003, 03:37 PM
any thoughts?

gmt
Apr 12th, 2003, 05:02 PM
At least she ought to clear it up! :eek:

toreador
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:32 AM
nop. never done it. and idk anyone who has done it!!!i don't think that people at my age would do sth like that.
and i think it's kinda stupid to think that cos love is all we need;)

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:40 AM
At least she ought to clear it up! :eek:

Of course she should. Can't she ask him how serious he was?

disposablehero
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:31 AM
Never ever ever been that stupid. My good opportunities crashed because the other person thought they were too good for me. ;)

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 13th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Just to follow up, my own nearest experience is this. A girl whom I loved very much dumped me...but later wanted me back, though she never said so in so many words. I only found out years later when she told me that was how she felt at the time. She and I are still very close. In fact she is just about my best friend, but we are not lovers. The thing is, I'm sure I would have picked up on her hints/behaviour if not for the feeling that I wasn't worthy of her.

That makes me encourage others not to be put off by those feelings of unworthiness.

Fortunately my love life has taken other (very good) directions, etc, etc, and I can't really regret what happened. But I do sometimes wonder what might have been, knowing what I know.

Steam
Apr 13th, 2003, 06:11 AM
I had that self doubt too where I felt that I wasn't good enough but like is the case in many of these instances, I found out that that wasn't the case. She was the one that was not good enough for me.

You just have to keep believing in yourself and try not to put the ones you like on such a pedestal.

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 13th, 2003, 11:07 AM
hehe yeah i did it just recently!

GBFH
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:33 PM
I had an experience very much like Steams'.
Thankfully, he had a friend who pointed out to me that I was too good for this dude...and we broke up. Best thing to ever happen to me.

GBFH
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:38 PM
:wavey: which just goes to show...sometimes their friends know them better than we do, huh? ;)

:wavey: back ;)

Oh yeah...and when I told my ex that I was too good for him, he sneered like, "um, okay..." like he thought the exact opposite. I swear, my whole family knew this guy was slime...and I'm glad he's with my ex-friend now. They're both revolting, and they deserve eachother ;)

And I'm very happy for you :angel: Love is a good thing

GBFH
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:42 PM
ewww, they deserve each other then! :(

thanks, gbfh...yes...love is awesome!

yes indeed, they do ;)

you're welcome!
how long you been with this person??

GBFH
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:45 PM
almost three years...what about you? what male on this planet is lucky enough to spend time with your ass? lol... :D

three years?? WOW!! you gonna get hitched??

as of now, no man cherishes that distinct honor of being my slave boyfriend ;)

GBFH
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:59 PM
yup! this year...

lmao....all i have to say is "G-d help this future [S] slave when you find him...lol

Really? Cool!! Is it gonna be a big wedding??

what's that supposed to mean? I'm so insecure I'll never have another boyfriend ;)

Steam
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:59 PM
I told her boyfriend that I was too good for her and she wasn't too pleased about that. It really upset her and made her flirt with me even more. It was pretty amusing but she blew her chance.

GBFH
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:08 PM
yup...

awww, don't say that. insecurity is a frame of mind...don't worry about it and don't look for it. the best things hit you over the head when you least expect it... ;)

LOL, don't sound so nervous, I'm not gonna show up ;) That's cool though. When did he propose??

Yeah, and the worst things happen when you least expect it, too. I'm not looking for a bf anyway. I have too much crap to do...like spend all of my free time posting here instead of studying ;)

Steam
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:12 PM
ha! aren't stupid people funny to watch? ;)

Not stupid, just a little naive for staying with an unoriginal twit like her boyfriend instead of taking a chance with me. She should have been honored knowing that I don't go liking just anyone.

GBFH
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:19 PM
hahaha...not nervous at all. who knows, if you came it might add some life to it you know? he proposed two years ago and i haven't looked back since.

all your free time posting here instead of studying? lmao...yeah, right. and i am rarely on here too...lol

Me add life to something? lol, now that's funny ;)
Awwwww. Do you guys have a house already? You gonna get started on a family right away??? I'm living vicariously through you, so please humor me

Well, I did get a little bit of studying done...fat good it did me with all of these sporting events on tv.
And what's wrong with hanging out on here, pray tell??? ;) ;)

gentenaire
Apr 14th, 2003, 05:52 AM
I stopped counting :sad:

Ben Brigham
Apr 14th, 2003, 09:34 AM
............just because the other person was ‘TOO’ good for u?:confused:

No, I never have. I have too high of an opinion of myself to think that someone's too good for me. I may be average looking and I may not be the most intelligent person about but that's never prevented me from having high self-esteem. People can say rubbish about me but they'll never demoralise me coz I love myself too much. :)