PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Davenport vs Serena Williams - first time on Clay!

bis2806
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:12 AM
How do you think both players will fare in their first encounter on clay?

tennisIlove09
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:14 AM
I actually think Lindsay may have a chance, if she can hang with Serena in the long rallies, and mix up play. The key for me is Davenport's attitude. If she remains positive, she will challenge Serena.

I still say Serena will win, but Davenport's attitude and her ability to stay in rallies will determine how lopsided the score is.

per4ever
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Serena in two short sets :mad:

bis2806
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:23 AM
I actually think Lindsay may have a chance, if she can hang with Serena in the long rallies, and mix up play. The key for me is Davenport's attitude. If she remains positive, she will challenge Serena.

I still say Serena will win, but Davenport's attitude and her ability to stay in rallies will determine how lopsided the score is.

I heard from friends who watched Davey's previous matches that her attitude is better right now coz she still stayed positive even though she lost her serve twice in a row.... go Linds!

BasicTennis
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:23 AM
after watching Lindsay struggle against Znoreva last night, I would say Lindsay has no chance against Serena.:devil:

Gunter
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:24 AM
I hope Lindsay,
but i think Serena in three hard sets

Maajken
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:27 AM
linds in two

tennisIlove09
Apr 12th, 2003, 08:41 AM
after watching Lindsay struggle against Znoreva last night, I would say Lindsay has no chance against Serena.:devil:

LOL...you'd say that even if Lindsay didn't struggle :D :D :wavey:

Harju.
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:02 AM
I hope Lindsay can win.. I would be happy if she could stretch the match in to 3 sets :)

CAuse I want Ashley to beat Serena :devil:

Elske
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Linds in 3 :bounce:

BasicTennis
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:41 AM
LOL...you'd say that even if Lindsay didn't struggle :D :D :wavey:
granting that she didn't struggle, then for sure Serena would make her struggle in all departments of the game.:worship:

diggerariel
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Lindsay will manage to get past Serena in three sets. Whoever wins, it will be a WONDERFUL match to see!

BasicTennis
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:15 AM
It would be a one-sided match and it's all according to Queen Serena.:devil:

c2
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:21 PM
whew... pretty glad I have BasicTennis ignored since he's here :angel: we all know how "UNBIASED" and "FAIR" s/he is .... :rolleyes:

I say Serena in three, although I would love for Lindsay to pull it out.

CJ07
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:28 PM
If Serena plays 70% it'll be over in 2 sets in the 6-3 6-4 area

if not, well, then we'll see

sbmh
Apr 12th, 2003, 03:26 PM
I think Davenport did't move very well.
On clay,it's very important to move well,Serena did it pretty well.
There are usually long points on clay,I think Lindsay can't afford the long long points.As a result,I think Serena will win easier here than on hardcourt.Maybe she will win in 2 easy sets.

Seenus
Apr 12th, 2003, 03:55 PM
I think Davenport did't move very well.
On clay,it's very important to move well,Serena did it pretty well.
There are usually long points on clay,I think Lindsay can't afford the long long points.As a result,I think Serena will win easier here than on hardcourt.Maybe she will win in 2 easy sets.

You convinced me