PDA

View Full Version : Will the EU ever become an independent nation like the United Arab Emirates or USA?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Both USA and UAE started out as separate "entities" and combined to become one bigger nation.

Will the EU ever get to this level? I think it would be terrific to see a united Europe join together and create one nation....but again, I'm a foreigner and not apart of any European country.

Thoughts, comments?

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:20 AM
I bloody hope not!

Nah there is no chance of it happenning, it will just be on a purely economic base only. Literally zero chance.

Colin B
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:30 AM
There are a few people that would like to see this but in practice it would be disastrous.

CondiLicious
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:42 AM
Can't see the British letting that happen! Some Brits throw a fit if you call them "European"!

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:49 AM
UK has more chance to become the 51st state of the USA (some already say it is ) than it has of becoming a fully fledged EU member (you know what i mean) .

As long as the Brits are so Anti-Europe it will never happen.

Josh
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:01 AM
The UK doesn't need to be a part of it if they don't want to. They can always retreat from the Union. Besides the two main players in the EU are France and Germany, the UK is only an extra (by their own choice).

But at this moment I don't see it happening any time soon. All states and most citizens as well are not very keen on handing over their sovereignty to the European institutions.

propi
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:09 AM
I love european topics
It won't happen BUT for those who are always saying EU is only economic....you should say it used to be...nowadays there're hundreds of non -related-to-economy-measures.There're directives about environment, social issues, education, etc.
About GB it's position is hard mind and heart don't think the same.