PDA

View Full Version : Harkleroad Crushes Hantuchova 6-2, 6-1

BK4ever
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:26 PM
My girl...u have made me so happy :bounce: :bounce:

Dava
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:26 PM
WOW ASHLEY!!! You go go go! Good luck against Justine!!

selesfan
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Woo Hoo! Congrats Ashley! Thanks for making my day! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Smart
Great win Ashley!!!!! :bounce:

ptkten
Ashley :D :D :D :eek: :eek:

This is absolutely amazing stuff. I just don't know what to think. I have been following her since she was 14 and I knew she would be good but this tournament is just almost too good. WOW.

Go Ash!!!!

bmxbandit
wow, are you kidding me?

IMPRESSIVE

Venus Forever
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:29 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET TO THE FINAL, GIRL!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Damn girl :-)
Now I'm really mad I missed this, who is up next?

BK4ever
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:33 PM
That loss of serve when serving for it at 5-0 was the first sign of nervousness in three matches...but she pull herself right back together and broke Daniela again...she had a 40-0 lead on Dani 's serve and she won it at 30 :)

One more match Ashley...this win will put her rank somewhere in the fifties...I think :bounce: :bounce:

thalle
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:36 PM
Great!!! Well done Ashley:bounce:

the cat
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:37 PM
Ashley's awesome play is totally unexpected. An unexpected pleasure! Her convincing wins over solid players such as Elena Bovina and Meaghann Shaunnessy were impressive. But crushing a natural talent like Daniela Hantuchova 6-2 6-1 is shocking! :eek: Well done Ashley! :bounce: Good luck in the semifinals!

BK4ever
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:38 PM
I'm running off to calculate what another top ten scalp will do for Ashley's rank...

Pureracket
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:39 PM
I hope we get a chance to see her on television on Saturday.

Infiniti2001
OMG! I 'm impressed... I don't follow the juniors that much, but I have a friend who has been after me to pay close attention to Pebbles. WOW!! :eek: :bounce:

mishar
Way to go Ashley! I had a feeling you would beat Dani in straight sets. You are in the zone this week! I think she could beat Justine tomorrow.
However, I wonder if nerves will start to appear. A Tier I semifinal. If she stays calm, I think she can take out Justine (although I expect it to be tougher than the others.)

I hope she can keep this up after this tournament.

sartrista7
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:40 PM
After beating Elena B and Meghann so comprehensively, I'm not surprised Ashley managed to take out Daniela. Fuck me, that scoreline, though :eek: This is BIG.

PatM04
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:43 PM
She must be playing very well. When she beat Elena I thought that she was probably playing well but Elena was playing bad. But then when she beat Meghann I thought maybe Ashley was playing well. Now I know she is playing very well. But to think, she was down a break in the second set when Loit retired first round. Could that retirement be the breakthrough in Ashley's career? I think so! GO ASH!!!

Zenith
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:50 PM
DAMN!!! :eek: How will this result affect Dani?

selesfan87
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Bloomin heck. I knew she was good, but never expected this!

tennisIlove09
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:56 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Wow.

aisha
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:57 PM
:bounce: Keep on rockin the green clay, Ash! :O

auntie janie
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:13 PM
WOW!! This has got to be some kind of a record -- a player ranked 101 -- and this is a REAL 101 girl, not a top player temporarily lodging there due to an injury break -- SO THOROUGHLY dominating top-20 and top-10 players in a Tier 1 event! Ashley has earned a lot of respect this week! :hearts:

(But enough is enough; don't beat Justine) ;)

selesfan87
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:18 PM
Ashley should top it all off by finishing off Justine in the SF and Serena in the final. ;)

Tennis Fool
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:20 PM
:eek: :eek:

I guess she's been taking her vitamins.

I'm still more impressed by the win over Meghann. Dani is overated, IMHO.

Russianfan
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:32 PM
This is just unbeleivable... way to go Ash!!!!!!!!!!!

1jackson2001
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Congrats Ashley :D Splendid job..awesome display of great tennis. I'd love to see you play on TV. :) ;)

Shooter
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Agree with the other posts - Ashley's wins in this event are shocking. It's a very pleasant surprise to see a newcomer blooming like this. Tennis needs it. Unfortunately, I have no pics of Ashley. She's tops on my list of 'Pics To Get'.

.......... http://www.mfwweb.com/tennis/Shooter.jpg

CJ07
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:59 PM
this is totally unexpected
so much for not having a top 10er after this generation

but will she keep it up? thats the question

King Lindsay
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Well, I could express my amazement like everybody else, but I think that's been done, huh?

Let me just ask this. Why did Loit retire leading her 4-2 in that second set?

HellanSpicen
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Let's see how far she can go!!!!! And if she can progress. Venus and Serena were the last great players to emerge and progress and eventually top the others and win slams.Each year the sisters played they got better. It seems after the Hingis,Davenport,Williams sisters period most players don't have it to continue and move up. When Daniella won Indian Wells she didn't do much after. Remember Anna Kourikova made a couple of finals and semi-finals of big tournments and everyone was hyping her up too. Many of these rising stars are on the wait and see list. Clisters, henin, Daniella, Dokic, and now Ashley. Haven't been anyone who's had enough guts to beat consistently Venus and Serena. When the sisters started on tour they were the only players who were ranked lower and apporach every match like they were the best and said it. Alot of these players have the skills but don't have the attitude to be great players. Too many women on the tour set themselves back with this attitude. I think that most ogf the players ranked in the top ten have the games to beat the top players, but not the attitude. Thier isn't that much difference in skill between Lindsey, Jennifer, Cilsters, and the William sisters. Thier just mentally better.

▀coene
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:05 AM
For me it's really a surprise she's doing so well, but I don't know her well, I don't know her game, I have never seen her play. Let's hope that changes quick.

Doc
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:08 AM
What is going on?

This Ashley Harkleroad is destroying everyone here!

CC
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Yes, but it should end with Juju, no? :cool:

disposablehero
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:25 AM
What the Hell? That's 18 feet of player now.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:42 AM
omg ashley wow im impressed good luck...

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:47 AM
What the Hell? That's 18 feet of player now.

LOL!!

Ashley is playing like a demon.

grrrrrrrrrrr@ dani. :(

geoepee
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Very impressive! She must've have really tremendously improved since I've seen her play last year.... Good luck tomorrow!

croat123
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:27 AM
congrats ashley :)

but daniela did hit 41 unforced errors (ashley probably won about 55 points in the match)

Candy946
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Wow congrats :eek:

Kirt12255
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:41 AM
:eek: :eek: WOWZERS :eek: :eek:

Terrific run here Ashley....congratulations. I think any player in the world would be happy with losing only 3 games to Daniella....great stuff. I can't wait to actually see her play. :wavey:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:43 AM
*cough* steroids *cough* hehe

GO ASHLEY!!!!

vaiva
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:48 AM
*cough* steroids *cough* hehe

GO ASHLEY!!!!

*cough* proof * cough*

Seles1
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:55 AM
Ashley Harkleroad pic

www.sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo?slug=1050099492family_circle_cup_chtx109&prov=ap

vs1
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:56 AM
:eek: :D
WOW!!!!
Very impressive! I mean, she's had these scorelines all week. She convincingly defeated Bovina, Megs AND Dani! That's incredible to string these big wins together at such a big tourney! Congrats Ashley! I definitely think that she can challenge and even beat Justine in the next round. Dang! If she stays in the zone, she could even take out Serena! :eek:

Congratulations Ashley!!! :)

jmp
Apr 12th, 2003, 02:31 AM
I can only echo the praise of everyone else on this thread. Great job, Ashley! This has been an impressive week. Keep it up! :) :)

TS
Apr 12th, 2003, 03:50 AM
Way to go Ashley :D :bounce:

I know this has probably been asked (and answered) already, but what will her rank be now? Thanks in advance

selesfan
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Way to go Ashley :D :bounce:

I know this has probably been asked (and answered) already, but what will her rank be now? Thanks in advance

I think somewhere around 50.

Dawn Marie
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:09 AM
WHAT? She was up 5/0 while playing Daniela? Dayum....LOL

I am going to enjoy this moment because it is not everyday that a junior comes out and kicks ass like this. I have no idea if this will keep up, but this is tennis and I like stuff like this. Now if she beats Serena, she's on the my shit list.;)

With her great form and focus and confidence I think she can beat Justine.

BK4ever
Apr 12th, 2003, 05:18 AM
congrats ashley :)

but daniela did hit 41 unforced errors (ashley probably won about 55 points in the match)

Yes Dani hit 41 ue's but i wonder how many of those were really forced errors...Ashley runs everything down...if she can get on top in a rally, she will move you side to side...that probably how she got Dani to make so many errors...and she is not afraid to blast from the baseline or take care of short balls...

I refuse to believe that Bovina, Meg and Dani all had some kind of meltdown that "gave" Ash the win...

Ash beat them...fair and square...

caramel
Apr 12th, 2003, 06:57 AM
Whoa Ashley... what an impressive win. I wonder what she ate before her match... and what Dani ate. ;)

katrientje
Apr 12th, 2003, 07:08 AM
well done ashley, I have to say I NEVER expected this.

Do well against juju, but please don't win ;)

Harju.
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Ashley :D :D :bounce: :bounce:

OMG :eek: :) :)

Congrats!!

You deserve it :kiss:

YAY!! ASHLEY WON!!!! SHE BEAT DANI!! YAY!!!!!!!!

Cilla
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:52 AM
Congrats again Ashley :eek: :D

Harju.
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Yes Dani hit 41 ue's but i wonder how many of those were really forced errors...Ashley runs everything down...if she can get on top in a rally, she will move you side to side...that probably how she got Dani to make so many errors...and she is not afraid to blast from the baseline or take care of short balls...

I refuse to believe that Bovina, Meg and Dani all had some kind of meltdown that "gave" Ash the win...

Ash beat them...fair and square...
:worship: quality post :worship:

bis2806
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:00 AM
i'm suspicious about ashley, what's she's been doing :rolleyes:

Monica_Rules
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Well Done Ashley:)

propi
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:51 AM
I know caly is not Daniella's best surface but losing that badly!!
Congrats to Ashley, new blood is always welcome!