PDA

View Full Version : I pulled a Serena Williams today.

E. Blackadder
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:08 PM
You know the girl I talked about, the pusher?. Well we were supossed to played mixed today, but we had no opponents so we decided to play a singles match. It was pretty exciting. I was down 1-5 in the third set, but still pulled the win 6-7(3) 6-4 7-5! :drool:

The match took me 2h15min :eek: :bounce:

Now I lead our HTH 2-1:

Sunday: 0-6 1-6
Tuesday: 6-7(0) 6-4 6-4
Friday: 6-7(3) 6-4 7-5!

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:13 PM
Congrats :-)

What are you doing differently.

E. Blackadder
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Not trying to go for the winner every time, slow down my serve with some spin because she pounds her return, and I mix it up with serve and volley. Just playing more patiently in fact, building up the points :)

propi
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:25 PM
We're proud about you
I hope all the advices given were useful (especially mine :p ;))

CJ07
great, she still seems to give you trouble though

eshell
Good job, rhythmboy!

Now, you can begin to dominate the rivalry.

:bounce:

joao
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Congrats! Now try to win this 1st set tiebreak and you'll get a straight sets win! :)

What surface are you playing on?

E. Blackadder
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:33 PM
I thank you all for your advice, she's still not a pushover tho. Maybe if I try to cut out the unforced errors, I might even do better. But from 1-5 to 7-5 is a 6 games in a row, a sort of a bagel ;) :p

E. Blackadder
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Congrats! Now try to win this 1st set tiebreak and you'll get a straight sets win! :)

What surface are you playing on?

Red Clay. (Very difficult to play serve and volley, but I try it. The threat of appearing at the net is sometimes enough to win the point)

spencercarlos
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:37 PM
I think you are playing the way she wants you to :rolleyes:.......

I mean you donīt have to control points by going to crazy winners each shot, you can have controlled agression by hitting deep and wait for the short balls to then hit your (wanted :p?) winners.
Playing that way will take you year to beat her each time and it just does not make sense you be playing the same way as she does. Try to hit deeper and move her around, she will eventually hit short and give you the openning to close the points at net.
A good tactic could be hit high deep topspin on her backhand to then come to the net, you told me the other she played short often times, so put her deep and take the net off her moonball, she will have to run a lot of court an generate a lot power to pass you.

;) Good Luck Vamos Rhythmboy

E. Blackadder
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:59 PM
I found she has a lot of difficulties with moonballs, not the topspin ones, but the slicy ones. Next time we play I'm gonna try to flatten it up just a little bit again, because I get really bored playing that kind of game.

Dava
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Well done I thought it would all come together, you have all the skills you just need to think straight about when to use them. I get like that see, when I have a tricky opponent I just mindlessly smack the ball back (not saying this is what you do but, I'm guesing it was something similar if you were always going for winners).

propi
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:03 AM
You play a lot with that girl....Is she good looking:p?

E. Blackadder
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:44 AM
You play a lot with that girl....Is she good looking:p?

yes :)

Myron.Bolitar
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:46 AM
Congratulations, Bram

propi
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:53 AM
yes :)
Then why don't you bet the ticket of the cinema???
(and gently pay it even if you win...:p)

E. Blackadder
Apr 13th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Then why don't you bet the ticket of the cinema???
(and gently pay it even if you win...:p)

I already have a date ;)

I won 1-6 6-3 6-4 against her today tho. She's getting a bit pissed of me beating her.

I'm getting things under control now.

THe first set was a fluke, my serve and forehand were out of earth, I mean they were nowhere.

I changed my serve in the other sets, like Justine did last year. Go down deep, jump up, no swing - just put the raquet up right away and do the flick of the wrist. And I really like my new serve. I served up 5 or 6 aces and a lot of winning serves. I advice you all to try this method if you have trouble serving!!!!!

I feel more comfortable now going into rallies, I know I can handle that push game. I try to throw in some slices to disturb her and I make more and more winners again if I'm patient.

I feel like I'm getting much better on the mental case, I don't start to panic when I'm down 0-30 or hit a double anymore. I just try to play as relaxed as possible :angel:

propi
Apr 14th, 2003, 10:02 AM
I already have a date ;)

I won 1-6 6-3 6-4 against her today tho. She's getting a bit pissed of me beating her.

I'm getting things under control now.

THe first set was a fluke, my serve and forehand were out of earth, I mean they were nowhere.

I changed my serve in the other sets, like Justine did last year. Go down deep, jump up, no swing - just put the raquet up right away and do the flick of the wrist. And I really like my new serve. I served up 5 or 6 aces and a lot of winning serves. I advice you all to try this method if you have trouble serving!!!!!

I feel more comfortable now going into rallies, I know I can handle that push game. I try to throw in some slices to disturb her and I make more and more winners again if I'm patient.

I feel like I'm getting much better on the mental case, I don't start to panic when I'm down 0-30 or hit a double anymore. I just try to play as relaxed as possible :angel:
:bounce:
Congratulations
Maybe it's time to lose again before she gets totally pissed :p