PDA

View Full Version : Mary/Justine 1pm ESPN today

Mark43
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Yay! Finally a chance to see Mary play live on tv. I have not seen her since the French last year. I hope to witness Mary back in her familiar, and devastating, zone!
:lick:

selesfan
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:00 PM
No offense to Mary and Justine but I would prefer to see Serena and Jelena which will probably be a more entertaining match. :(

leslie
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:01 PM
When will they be showing Serena's matches on TV. I can't believe they are not putting the #1 on T.V this is outrageous and an insult to Serena. Who wants to see Mary and Justine, certainly not I.

Sonja
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:03 PM
I think it's great! I welcome the opportunity to see players from other countries. All we ever get is coverage of the Americans. While I like the American players, it is nice to finally see players from other countries represented.

THANK YOU ESPN for something different!!

Myskina Lina
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Yes, it's good to spice things up.

Mikey
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:29 PM
When will they be showing Serena's matches on TV. I can't believe they are not putting the #1 on T.V this is outrageous and an insult to Serena. Who wants to see Mary and Justine, certainly not I.
Oh please :rolleyes: - They show Serena at virtually every opportunity.

This is the first match they've shown in a while on ESPN that does not contain any Americans and is not a final. And if they did show something and I missed it, then my point was just that they do this so rarely, that nobody should be complaining.

Thank you ESPN :D - I'm not really a huge fan of either, but this should prove to be a good match :D

CanadianBoy21
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Blame the Wta , not ESPN for not showing Serena.
I believe ESPN had there broadcasting scheduled way in advance, while WTA makes up the schedule last day prior to matches, so we will see mary and jusitne...
I hope Mary kills Justine, but what an unlikely thing to occur.
I think Justine will slaughter Mary...
Kill, slaughter = defeat, beat.
;)

Scotso
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:37 PM
woohoo

go Mary!

jmp
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:39 PM
I'm so glad we're getting a televised match. I like reading tournament updates in the press and on this board. But, I really look forward to actually seeing opponents square off. I hope it's a good match. Good luck Mary! Good luck Justine!

tenn_ace
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:42 PM
since it's raining, Mary-Juju match is almost out of the question...

Vera vs Linds should be ;)

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USSC0051?lswe=charleston%2C+sc&lswa=WeatherLocalUndeclared&whatprefs=

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:42 PM
Its good to see Mary back, but I would have preferred to see Daniela and Ashley or Serena and Jelena. But hopefully it will be a good match regardless b/c I'll be there with my popcorn.

Jordan.
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Yay, Veraaaaaaaaaa!!! :D

SJW
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:58 PM
i think its a really entertaining match up!

and i dont even like Henin that much

but i hope Mary gets back to her best and her streak is on going here

harloo
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:05 PM
I would like to see Daniela and Ashley because I wan't to see if Ashley is REALLY that good this week.

But I would also like to see babygirl vs jelena.

Also, I would like to see if Mary is back on form, or has she just run into weak opponents.

So, I would like to see them all. :)

the cat
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Women's tennis has been waiting for the next American star to emerge for a couple of years. So when 17 year old Ashley Harkleroad plays some amazing tennis this week wiping out her opposition, ESPN totally ignores her and her great wins. LOL! It's too stupid to believe. And then there is Serena Williams who hasn't lost a match this year. ESPN might want to consider showing one of her matches before the semi's. Lame. Very lame.

Henin versus Pierce will be over in about 45 minutes. Will ESPN leave the air early like the did yesterday? That was totally bush league! :mad: They are contracted for 2 hours of television coverage. How about showing 2 hours of coverage. Is that too much to ask?

Mark43
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:14 PM
According to my listings, they are only showing 90 mins of coverage, not 2 hrs. Same for yesterday.

Damn it is still raining and is 48 degrees in Charleston! Eeek! I hope the matches will be finished today.

On the other hand, the cold weather has even ventured down to Miami. If you consider low 70's cold. For Miami it is, and I am loving every minute of it. The constant summer here gets incredibly old and tedious.
Today, it feels like my beloved San Francisco weather.

PhoenixStorm
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Like someone else said espn does not do the match scheduling the tournament does and they put mary and juju on. However with the rain delays who knows we might get a taped match. ugh. and somehow they always show the tapped match that was shown live which makes no sense whatsoever.

fleemkeł
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:17 PM
justine - Mary should be a great clay-match :) but the rain doesn't give us the chance to see them :mad:

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 11th, 2003, 05:26 PM
why are we watching Lindsay ..I'm confused