PDA

View Full Version : The Wonder years

selesfan1
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:06 AM
I love this show I used to watch it from when I was in 2nd grade. I just love Kevin, Winnie, Pal, Norma, etc. My favorite episode is the last one wher Kevin leaves because he says he wants to find himself and become lifeguard and he is wearing the shirt with a tomato.

When winnie gets injured ia car accident.

When Kevin meets a gir on summer vacation and fals in love with her and the next year he goesto te same place to find that she's a smoker.

Did/does anyone watch this show and wha did you think of it?

geewhiz
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:17 AM
OMG, I used to love that show! :D

The last episode when they say what happened to everyone was so poignant.

Joseosu19
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:59 AM
I love the show too, as well as the episode you mentioned!:D

Steam
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:04 AM
The show was one of my favorites until Kevin went through puberty and became too awkward.

I liked the first episode the best since it established the characters and the uneasiness of the time when Winnie's brother died in Vietnam.

wuneyej
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Yeah, great show. My favorite scene was the time Wayne grabbed Kevin's roll from his plate, licked the bottom of it, and put it back on Kevin's plate. Ahh, the love between brothers. :D

Crazy Canuck
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:52 AM
I don't remember any particular episodes that were my fave, but I used to watch that in reruns afterschool everyday :bounce:

Candy946
Apr 11th, 2003, 06:20 AM
They still show the re-runs on Fox Family Channel.

Eric_tennis
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:21 AM
I loved that show~~ :kiss:

Kevin & Winnie were soo cute when they were small,.. but they did lost some cuteness as they were getting old. ;)

Anyway,.. it was one of my favorate & decent show around 15 (or more) years ago.
In my country,.. the show's title was "Kevin is 12 years old",... and they just aired the show only 3 year,... so I have no idea about the last episode,... actually didn't know that they made the series having Kevin being an adult. :eek:
It was nice to watch some early episode last year when I visited some south-east Asian countries. I think they still broadcast early series according to their program guide. :eek:

BTW,... is there anyone who knows the title of a TV show about the little twin girl & boy? (Jody & Buffy, as I remember) They had butler looked like Pavarotti (a famous Tenor) ;) and they were sooooo cute. :kiss:
If you know,... please enlighten me about the show.
Thanks in advance.
:D

irma
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:30 AM
18:00 sunday evening in my parents badroom

those were the days;)

selesfan1
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Eric _tennis I know what show you're talking about the Guy's name was Mr. French and Uncle Bill and they had an older cousin or sister. I remember one time they hired Mr. French to do a poupon commercial. Anyway I thnk the title is somethin to do with heaven, paradise, perfect some word like that but I last remember seeing it on the U.S network FX.

J_Migoe
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:03 PM
I use to watch that show too. I really liked it. So did Wayne actually die in Vietnam? Blow!

Steam
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Wayne took over for his father at the furniture store or whatever it was that his father was doing.

I believe the name of the show that you guys are looking for is "Family Affair". My mom watched it every damn day when FX first started. The only one of the main characters who is still alive is the boy. Buffy overdosed on drugs, Uncle Bill killed himself, and I don't know what happened to Mr. French (Sebastian Cabot) but I am sure that he too is dead.

Nicoleke
Apr 12th, 2003, 10:41 AM
I don' t know that serie. Any pictures ?????

theheninfan
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:43 AM
I used to watch that show after school!

Also, about a month ago I was in Wal-Mart with my family. We had already paid for all our items and were on our way out. I turned around to leave and right in front of me was the man who played Kevin's older brother! I was like whispering..."Dad! Dad! It's the Wonder Year's guy!" He hasn't changed in looks at all...just gotten older. Supposedly he has been living here in my town for a while and doing the business thing according to my dad. Just thought I would share that. :p

Eric_tennis
Apr 20th, 2003, 03:24 PM
The only one of the main characters who is still alive is the boy. Buffy overdosed on drugs, Uncle Bill killed himself, and I don't know what happened to Mr. French (Sebastian Cabot) but I am sure that he too is dead.

:eek: :sad:
OMG,... it's terrible. :sad: Maybe I just should have kept the show in my memory... I didn't even imagine that kind of terrible thing would happen to them! :sad: Feel so sorry for the Buffy girl and uncle Bill. :sad:

Anyway,.. thanks for the reply, Steam & selesfan1. :wavey: