PDA

View Full Version : How's your typing speed?

Sam L
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:53 AM
I can touch type and my typing speed is about 70 WPM. But I sometimes get stuck with the punctuation marks.

What about you? :confused:

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:24 AM
I have no f**king idea.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:56 AM
My speed used to be 50 words a minute, but that was a couple years ago when I tested myself on some program, and I've gotten faster since then. I'm faster then any of my friends, but as far as I know none of them are exactly typists for a living ;)

GBFH
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Typing is like speaking...I have lots to say, but I can't get the words out...like now...aldjafk;djfal;jdf;lajdfl;ams;fjuqkwnefovjASv lmaqo;erh

Sam L
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Well I learnt to touch type on one of those old typewriters. Does anyone know which ones I'm talking about? Oh they were hell to use, and hurt your fingers after awhile. Computer keyboards are a breeze compared to them. Well since then, it's proven really useful for me to be able to touch type, especially when I was doing uni assignments or just typing letters for my parents. I find it really annoying when people look at the keyboard to type; I always think, it's not that hard, just memorise the keyboard once and you won't have to look at it ever again.

kournikovafan13
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Last time I took a test (a couple months ago) I was at exactly 67 WPM.

I have a friend though, who types at over 85 WPM. It's not much of a difference I guess, but the sound of the keys when she types is non-stop. She's really fast. :eek:

Vincent
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:32 AM
i think i am at average, something like 55 words/min :)

BigB08822
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:52 AM
You know, there is this neat website where you can see how fast you type and compete with others for the top ranking of the day, week, month and even year! I don't remember what I typed but I will find the link and post it on here for all. :)

BigB08822
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:57 AM
Ok, I found a really good professional one. This isn't as fun as the one I mentioned where you can compete but it is more professional.

www.typingtest.com

I got:

Gross Speed: 73 WPM
Mistakes: 5 words
Net speed: 68 WPM
Accuracy: 93%

I did the "Fishing in Finland" choice.

BigB08822
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Hmm, I did even better on Hucklberry Finn!

I did:

Gross speed: 75 WPM
Mistakes: 1 word
Net speed: 74 WPM
Accuracy: 98%

Sam L
Apr 11th, 2003, 05:08 AM
Thanks BigB :D

Martian Stacey
Apr 11th, 2003, 06:11 AM
lol, i did a test about 5 years ago, and i was about 20 wpm :o but i would have increased a lot since then ;)

irma
Apr 11th, 2003, 06:41 AM
I am very bad in typing since I always make mistakes and then correct them. I think I am average when in form!

King Satan
Apr 11th, 2003, 06:43 AM
I used to be kinda slow, then i was fast, and now i'm slow again :confused:

King Satan
Apr 11th, 2003, 06:48 AM
yeah, i'm just in a slump rightnow ;)

I can actually type pretty fast when i want to, but i don't like rushing, so i just go slow lol

decemberlove
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:15 AM
i used to be really good at typing. then i started posting on message boards n it all went downhill. now i make a million typos and never capitalize anything. and when i do capitalize it usually LOoks LIke THis... cos i dont take my finger off the shift fast enough. :sad:

decemberlove
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:18 AM
Well I learnt to touch type on one of those old typewriters. Does anyone know which ones I'm talking about? Oh they were hell to use, and hurt your fingers after awhile. Computer keyboards are a breeze compared to them. Well since then, it's proven really useful for me to be able to touch type, especially when I was doing uni assignments or just typing letters for my parents. I find it really annoying when people look at the keyboard to type; I always think, it's not that hard, just memorise the keyboard once and you won't have to look at it ever again.

dyou mean where you have to push pretty hard?
i used to LOVE to type on typewriters... i like the sound of the keys when the words are flowing out of your fingertips. its relaxing.

King Satan
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:54 AM
dyou mean where you have to push pretty hard?
i used to LOVE to type on typewriters... i like the sound of the keys when the words are flowing out of your fingertips. its relaxing.
*getting flash backs of typing class* *scared* *runs away*

That class gave me a headache, it was loud boring...and to top it off, it was my last class, so i ended up ditching it for a whole semester :o lol

decemberlove
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:56 AM
*getting flash backs of typing class* *scared* *runs away*

That class gave me a headache, it was loud boring...and to top it off, it was my last class, so i ended up ditching it for a whole semester :o lol

lol i AVOIDED that class in HS cos the teacher was an absolute bitch. no gum chewing, no talking AT ALL. just typing. no thank you :)

Princess Fiona
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:35 AM
- Test Name: Strategic Alliances with Competitors
- Test Time: 01:00
- Gross Speed: 76 WPM
- Errors: 1
- Accuracy: 98%

- NET SPEED: 75 WPM

Where WAS that error? *growl* ;)

I don't like to type the numbers - I have to look at them... I was not in the classes for "numbers" then? :o ;)

Thanks for the test BigB!! :)

salima
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:00 AM
:o ojojoj nearly 50% wrong/right, nad a spedd tatt ,believe me i did not know when to start, I am better on a slower surfice, the wind was blowing and someone looked upon me, a telephone rang, someone was talking and the ball was too heavy, my left leg is not good and the food is strange and and and....
my result have I already forgotten (psst* it was 22 words pr hour, no pr minute) :o :rolleyes: very long words! ;)

Mercury Rising
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:46 AM
I can't type, I have to see almost every lettre.
I have 26 wpm for Huck Finn :o
Maybe Dutch will go better but not much.

Mattographer
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:59 AM
39 WPM :p

gentenaire
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:12 PM
60 WPM, it might be faster in Dutch.

bp369306
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:21 PM
51wpm

thalle
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:59 PM
I dunno!!! Slow!!