PDA

View Full Version : Dokic beats Dementieva 46 64 75

tennisIlove09
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Good win for Jelena!

SerenaSlam
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:13 AM
great win....next up for her is Serena Williams, but i think its my turn to start the anit-serena.

So its like this, Jelena should take Serena to 3 sets/maybe even beat her in the next round seeing last time they met, she took Serena to a tiebreaker............lost it.....then lost the next 6 games.

But that doesn't mean anything, this is clay, so Dokic should atleast win 1 set right?

Did I do all that right? Wondering........

Jeff
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Congrats, Jele :)

Looking forward to the Serena vs. Dokic match :worship:

Seles_Beckham
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Bravo Jelena

good luck

Mr. Man
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Thank you Jelena. :kiss: well done. :bounce:

vutt
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:19 AM
All their last three meetings had same pattern. Jelena losing 1st set. However this one was lot closer in 3rd.

Remember when we used to say (Moscow 2001 final I recall) that Jelena looked like tigress and Alyona more like kitten in thier eyes. Looking at the score and seeing Jelena coming from behind at least that tigress part is hopefully back. :bounce:

King Lindsay
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Hey SerenaSlam, lose the chip.

I'm not sure if she was serving for it or not, but Dementieva was up 5-4 in the final set.

Dokic stands no chance against Serena.

DownTheTee
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Regardless of the next match, Jelena FINALLY gutted out a tough win against a Top 20 opponent today. Earlier this year she was just folding in this kind of match. Maybe her "new life/new coach" combination is starting to work and she'll become a force again, and one with more shot variety this time around. I'll guess we'll all know by early Sept. (or even early July).

vs1
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Of course Dokic stands a chance against Serena! Clay helps her a bit as well. If it was grass and this was Jelena's first big win this season, it would seem daunting. Not to say Serena ain't great on clay (because she is), but it's less brutal on her opponents than grass.

Anyhow, this should be a good match-up. If Serena is focused, then she should win convincingly. However, if Jelena is pumped up and patient with those points, then she can really push Serena! Jelena is quite good on clay.

Serena-Jelena QF and Lindsay-Vera QF are probably the two most exciting (in my opinion). YAY!!! :)

jd4eva
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:40 AM
The most important thing was that Jelena actually FOUGHT to the very death and had the confidence to pull it out.

King Lindsay
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:44 AM
I don't see it that way, vs1. Jelena simply isn't playing well enough to endanger Serena on any surface.

CJ07
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Serena 6-2 6-1
Dokic is just to up and down
nice to see her fight though
also nice to see Elena playing well

Car Key Boi
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Ra! go the uber-babe!

- Car Key Boi :bounce:
p.s.
i agree with yuo KL, Serena is gonna whip her ass, but be kind on us dokictards, this was a good win in light of recent results and we wanna make the most of it :D

King Lindsay
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:02 AM
by all means, do so. :D 'Tis a good win, that is true.

Havok
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:56 AM
oh definitely, i'm pretty sure Serena will win, but i think Jelena will at least push her in one set. GO DOKIC:bounce:

Gowza
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:01 AM
jelena pushed serena in the first set at the wta championships last year and i think it was the last time they played each other. but my concern is that against clijsters in miami she got slaughtered. she is getting a bit of form back but maybe she still isn't ready when she has to play th top 10ers?

i'm hoping jelena can push serena.

Vincent
Apr 11th, 2003, 05:21 AM
i'm hoping jelena can push serena too:)

strato
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:41 AM
:mad: Elena always manage to take the 1st set vs Jelena, but she never wins at last...
:sad:
Maybe she should try to play smaller tournaments...

SM
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Regardless of the next match against Serena Jelena can be happy. Shes made it deep in to the draws two weeks in a row and held her seeding and now has won a match where she had to really grit her teeth and fight till the end rather than going in to that semi-tank mode ;). Hurrah :)

i think if Jelena is on she will probably take a set against a Serena in average form. :) And if she does shell take a lot out of this week!!!!! But if Serena is in top form i cant see 'anyone' pushing her too much and taking her to 3.

bandabou
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Dokic has never even taken a set off Serena and that was when Jelena was still a player!! It can be a good match, but if her match against Kim is any indication, I don't think she will be able to push Serena. Look for a Serena-Vera semi!!

King Aaron
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Ra! go the uber-babe!

- Car Key Boi :bounce:
p.s.
i agree with yuo KL, Serena is gonna whip her ass, but be kind on us dokictards, this was a good win in light of recent results and we wanna make the most of it :D
Yup! :D

sartrista7
Apr 11th, 2003, 05:12 PM

lol, 'in light of recent results' Maja Matevzic was a good win.

Elena lost from 5-4 up? I'm almost certain she was serving for it, then :rolleyes: It seems like Elena either plays like shit, and loses, or plays really well against a top player, and loses. Grr.