PDA

View Full Version : What happened to these softdrinks?

selesfan1
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Mellow Yellow - It tasted a lot like Mountain Dew but it was less carbonated.

Josta- I never tried it but people said it tasted like Beer with cherries

Surge- That could keep me awake all night

Crush- I know it is not completely out of circulation but I can only find the 8 oz. glass bottles at some stores.

I really miss Mellow Yellow and Surge does anyone know what happend to these or does anyone miss these drinks?

Dava
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know why Sunkist is no longer sold in the UK???

Crazy Canuck
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Mellow Yellow is still sold in Canada.... it's just like a cheapo brand of Mountain Dew... I forget who makes it.

decemberlove
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:31 PM
i like mr. pibb tho they dont sell it in this part of jersey :(

only at fuddruckers...

anyone remember that orbitx drink with the lil balls in it? it was clear with colored balls. it always hurt my belly

adss
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:32 PM
we still get mellow yellow and crush

Jennifer's wife
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:38 PM
i used to like the Hubba Bubba bubblegum flavoured soft drink! :lick:

Snuffkin
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:40 PM
'Quatro' anyone?

GBFH
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:41 PM
What about Chek? Anyone still have this?

Jordan.
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Surge

King Satan
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:43 PM
hmmm what did happen to surge? i liked it better than mountain dew, cos it wasn't as sweet.

what happened to RC Cola????

King Satan
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:44 PM
dunno, but i love it :lick:

GBFH
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:44 PM
hmmm what did happen to surge? i liked it better than mountain dew, cos it wasn't as sweet.

what happened to RC Cola????

Don't they still make RC Cola? I thought I saw some in the store :confused:

King Satan
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:45 PM
Don't they still make RC Cola? I thought I saw some in the store :confused:
dunno, but i haven't seen it in a long time. I think they still do make it though.

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Lol @ Quattro, THE soft drink of the 80's....

Mountain Dew - That didn't last long
TaB Clear - Used to warp my mind, looked like lemonade, but it was Cola... and it wasnt as nice.
Strawberry Pepsi - I liked this but they got rid of it.
Tha Barratt sweet soft drinks, like Fruit Salad and Refreshers - I loved those!
Ice Cream Soda - Can't find it anywhere in this country anymore.

Princess Fiona
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:34 AM

I think I saw Sunkist on the shelves (at Kwik Save supermarket!!) very recently... I "think" it was Sunkist!! I'll have to go and have a look again for you... :)

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:39 AM
You can't get "Gini" anymore either.

selesfan1
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:53 AM
Does anyone remember the clear pepsi?

geewhiz
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Ice Cream Soda - Can't find it anywhere in this country anymore.

Was that the one that was, for some strange and obscure reason, bright green?

Mr. Man
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:59 AM
We still have Crush down here. And mostly Off the brand names like Mr. B rip off of Dr. Pepper. hha

Chris_Martin's_woman
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:21 AM
Do any of yall remember Crystal Pepsi??........oh my gosh that stuff was so good!!!! I remember drinking that all the time when I was little!:lick:

GBFH
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Does anyone remember the clear pepsi?

Sammy Hagar voice
Hey, it's your tomorrow
RIGHT NOW
Come on, it's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything!
RIGHT NOW!!!

How about New Coke?? ;)

Chris_Martin's_woman
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:24 AM
They shouldn't have stopped making it!!!!:mad:

I haven't had soda in like 4 months though.......I am on a diet and exercise plan and I have lost between 20 and 25 pounds.

disposablehero
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:27 AM
i like mr. pibb tho they dont sell it in this part of jersey :(

only at fuddruckers...

anyone remember that orbitx drink with the lil balls in it? it was clear with colored balls. it always hurt my belly

I HATE Fuddruckers. More specifically, I hate them for closing down their Winnipeg store about 7 years ago. :sad:

disposablehero
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:29 AM

I don't see it in the US either, and Mandarin Orange Slice seems to be gone as well. Canada never had either, at least not this part of Canada.

Chris_Martin's_woman
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Sunkist had so many calories............root bear rocks!!! :D

BigTennisFan
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:35 AM
Does anybody remember a lemon-lime drink called Bubble-Up?

Chris_Martin's_woman
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:38 AM
I am not sure about that one!?!?! :D

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Brits.. what about crap pop (as comic Peter Kay so brilliantly brought up)

Rola Cola, made by "Silver Spring". Absolutely foul cola that we got given in abundance at Scout camps. I couldn't stand the stuff and stocked up at the Tuck Shop on bottles of Vimto and Irn Bru.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Virgin Cola round for a while, I liked that.

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:50 AM
Another thing missed about soft drink bottles... the fact they were glass and you got 10p if you returned them. I remember at Walesby Forest Scout Camp when no-one could be arsed to take them back, I would go round collecting them and make a few bob.

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 11th, 2003, 01:52 AM
Plus didn't New Order get approached to do the music for Sunkist ads?

geewhiz
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:00 AM
Rola Cola, made by "Silver Spring". Absolutely foul cola that we got given in abundance at Scout camps. I couldn't stand the stuff and stocked up at the Tuck Shop on bottles of Vimto and Irn Bru.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen Virgin Cola round for a while, I liked that.

Were Silver Spring the ones that used to come round with the pop van and deliver fake version of coke, dandelion and burdock, cream soda, and a zillion others, all in the same type of bottle, and take away the bottles, somewhat like the milkman but they came in the afternoon?

Virgin Cola is still around. It is heavily discounted everywhere so it's 10p or 20p less than coke and pepsi, so maybe it isn't very popular.

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:15 AM
Usually when stuff is heavily discounted it's a "loads in depot but discontinued" scenario, a bit like Thresher's with Zipper's Vodka Jelly shots which were originally 9.99, now 2.47 in our shop.

geewhiz - I dunno if Silver Spring delivered round your area, but we used to get Corona and Mandora vans come round trying to sell us their awful pop and yes they would collect them later.

geewhiz
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:25 AM
geewhiz - I dunno if Silver Spring delivered round your area, but we used to get Corona and Mandora vans come round trying to sell us their awful pop and yes they would collect them later.

No, it wasn't Corona. Corona were a proper company that also sold their drinks in real shops. The ones I am thinking of didn't sell their stuff in shops, you could only buy them from the van with these homemade labels on because they reused the bottles. Lol, it was probably something really dodgy, it was in Liverpool afterall ;)

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:28 AM
Lol I expect it was dodgy... they didn't try to sell you Valkanov Vodka by any chance? Lol!

wuneyej
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Fresca anyone?

I also miss the original Lipton lemon iced tea in the can. Now it's that brisk crap; tastes like cat piss overloaded with sugar.

Joseosu19
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:02 AM
I don't see pepsi one anymore...

CondiLicious
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:03 AM
I remember Tab Clear. It was nasty.

TennisHack
Apr 11th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Surge & RC Cola are still produced and marketed. RC Cola is more of a southern US thing, I believe, but I'm not sure.

Mello Yello was also my favorite yellow drink but I haven't seen it in years.

Whatever happened to berry blue Pepsi? LOL, I remember that was all the rage vs Vanilla Coke. BUt what do I know, I haven't had soda in months :o

adss
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:00 AM
whatever happened to Crystal Pepsi? the clear pepsi? Has anyone tried it? was it good?

TennisHack
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Crystal Pepsi was all the rage for a year or so, then it was pulled from the shelves. Apparently those who liked it were in the vast, vast minority.

TennisHack
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Aha!! Found it ;)

The great soda debate (http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/17009)

This was posted almost a year ago today, when blue Pepsi was released.

King Satan
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Hey, what ever happened to slice? i used to like that soda :)

irma
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:15 AM
cherry coke ?(or does it still excists)

decemberlove
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:22 AM
I also miss the original Lipton lemon iced tea in the can. Now it's that brisk crap; tastes like cat piss overloaded with sugar.

i agree... brisk is just nasty

and joe they still make slice.. im pretty sure

they still make cherry coke too

dr. pepper n mr. pibb is still the best

King Satan
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:30 AM
you don't like brisk!? :eek: it rules! lol

I don't like dr pepper, it's too thick tasting. I'm into the red mountain dew rightnow :lick:

irma
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:32 AM
I don't like mr pepper anymore either. in fact I don't even like cola anymore

I am totally on sisi at the moment;)

decemberlove
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:35 AM
you don't like brisk!? :eek: it rules! lol

I don't like dr pepper, it's too thick tasting. I'm into the red mountain dew rightnow :lick:

no i prefer buying the shoprite iced tea mix n making my iced tea extra sweet. maybe too sweet for most people but i like my iced tea SWEET. brisk is a bit bitter.

dr. p is DELICIOUS with tacos. it makes me burp really loud thou n i almost never burp. mmm i want some tacos.

mr. pibb is better... its not so "thick".

red fusion dr. p isnt as thick either and has more of a cherry taste.

i dont like mountain dew n ive only tried the red mountain dew once so i really dont have an opinion on it.

my favorite soda is stewart's oranges n creme. mmmmmmmm

http://store4.yimg.com/I/soda-pop_1728_1281601

King Satan
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:39 AM
mmm don't say tacos, you're making me hungry :drool:

is that orange drink local stuff or something? i haven't seen that out here.

decemberlove
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:48 AM
mmm don't say tacos, you're making me hungry :drool:

is that orange drink local stuff or something? i haven't seen that out here.

yeah stewart's is an northeast, mid-atlantic thing i think.

the ones around here you park all around... stay in your car... and the waiter comes to you. like the old 50's joints. and whenever you need anything you turn your headlights on. they have typical american food.. barbeque food... and then they have their own soda... orange n creme, cherry n creme, black cherry, creme, mmm yummy

the orange n creme is nice n smooth. like a creamiscle... soo delicious. im hungry now. stewarts is only open during the summer... it isnt warm enough yet for them to be open :(

http://www.exoticsoda.com/stewart.html

King Satan
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:59 AM
That's sounds like a good chill spot :)

I'm getting sleepy now, so i'm just gonna listen to radio and fall asleep. It was nice chatting with ya love.

cya manana, have a goodnight :wavey::kiss:

decemberlove
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:03 AM
That's sounds like a good chill spot :)

I'm getting sleepy now, so i'm just gonna listen to radio and fall asleep. It was nice chatting with ya love.

cya manana, have a goodnight :wavey::kiss:

me too
you too
:kiss:

TennisHack
Apr 11th, 2003, 09:15 PM
I'll second the Stewarts -- nice stuff :) My fave is strawberries & creme (the cherries & creme tastes like medicine, yuk!).

I can buy it in the stores, I've never seen a stand though.

Kuilli
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Mellow Yellow - It tasted a lot like Mountain Dew but it was less carbonated.

I really miss Mellow Yellow and Surge does anyone know what happend to these or does anyone miss these drinks?
We still got Mellow Yellow in Seattle, but I don't really like it that much. ;)

Jakeev
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Steward sodas rock!!!!!!! yum...........I think you can actually still find sodas like Tab in novetly stores. I only know this because I bowl with a woman that has a can every week.

How bout Aspen? It arrived in the late 70s but fizzled. But for some reason I remember loving the taste.

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Top Deck Shandy... can't find it anywhere now

Colin B
Apr 12th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Top Deck Shandy... can't find it anywhere nowShandy lad? Are't tha drivin'?

Did someone mention dandelion and burdock? I used to love that as a kid; never liked Vimto though. Speaking of which, anyone hear the one about the dyslexic who drank a bottle of Vomit?

A couple of years ago I worked in a bottling plant in France where they produced a drink called Pschitt! I'd love to see it catch on over here!

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:06 AM
Colin... yeah I did hear that one about the dyslexic (from Dave Spikey funnily enough ;))

Dandelion and Boidock (thats Boidock) was a damn good drink when tha was a kid.

There was also that stuff you'd get called... what was it, Sarsasparilla? Apparently that was what McDonalds Root Beer was. You can't get it anymore though now, but i dont visit the Big M no more.

And no, I'm no Shandy bastard...

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Mountain Dew n'all... foul flourescent RUBBISH. I think they stopped selling in about 4 yrs ago.

Colin B
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:27 AM
And no, I'm no Shandy bastard...
Glad t' ear it Yoth! LOL ;)

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Aye, thas gonna aye a pint o' Pedi in t'Keys afore goin dahn t' Lion fer t'Steak n' Kidderly pie n' chips, then t' George fer a couple o' pints before t' footy tomorrow/ this morrow.

Colin B
Apr 12th, 2003, 01:48 AM
Aye, thas gonna aye a pint o' Pedi in t'Keys afore goin dahn t' Lion fer t'Steak n' Kidderly pie n' chips, then t' George fer a couple o' pints before t' footy tomorrow/ this morrow.

Sahnds lahk a gran' day aht, me awd! Enjoy thi'sen!

(ROTFLMAO @ 'Steak n' Kidderly' - reminds me of 'Chimbly' as in smoke comes aht o't chimbly)