PDA

View Full Version : Serena Beats Conchita 6-2 6-2

tennisIlove09
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:59 PM
No worries for Serena.

Conchita may have been tired, having to play 2 matches today.

selesfan87
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:00 PM
I think Conchita did well to win those 4 games. Not a bad result if you had to play a match before facing Serena.

Serendy Willick
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Conchita had a relitively easy match before Serena and got ample time to rest.

baleineau
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:12 PM
poor conchita. the schedule was really messed up for her. serena did well, though, to sneak into the quarter finals.

Seenus
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Sneak??

jmp
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Good luck in your future matches, Conchita.

Congratulations on keeping the streak alive, Serena! :)

harloo
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:57 PM
congrats babygirl, now tough up for the qtrs. :D

anton
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:05 PM
who does serena play enxt?

SJW
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Go Girl Go Baby!!!!

:)

cooolconchita
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:19 PM
well done for Garbin - unlucky against Serena!!! :sad:

No matter - Conchi will still move up a place in the rankings to 24 - 7 places younger than her age! ;)

It's good to see Serena - Conchita fans have a good relationship on the board, considering their styles are so different... :)

Well done Serena - the hard work has been done - now take the title! :kiss:

spencercarlos
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:21 PM
poor conchita. the schedule was really messed up for her. serena did well, though, to sneak into the quarter finals.
She did not reach quarters, she reached semis (you think Dokic or Dementieva would beat her :p) j/k.
And given to the fact that she beat Kournikova 6-4 1-1 retired and 6-2 6-4 over Garbin today, she shouldn´t have been that tired at all.

Simply Serena was the better player.
Anyway good overall result, Conchita could make her seed live to where it was supossed to.

vs1
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:30 PM
Conchita didn't play a FULL match with Garbin today, did she? I thought they were only finishing up a set, but I could be mistaken.

Anyhow, Congratulations Serena! It shows good form to be Conchita on clay with that scoreline.

Conchita is doing well to be in the top 25! I'm proud of her! :)

brickhousesupporter
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Congratulations Serena. Good luck in the Quarters. :bounce:

Hercules
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Congrats, Serena!!

Really, you are the best.

Conchi was tired, don´t forget she is 31 years old, and two matches in the same day...

Good luck in Amelia !!!

propi
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Conchi well done!!!!!!
I only wish you had a complete day to rest and not few hours!Anyway you continue being the Spanish number 1.

baleineau
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:58 PM
yes, i agree with some of the points about conchita not being "flat out" exhausted like Ai Sugiyama may have been. but nevertheless, a lot of energy is wasted when you prepare for a match, have the rain interrupt it, wait around, find out it's cancelled, go home to bed, come back in the morning, play the match, expect to play another later so wait, find it is cancelled, go home, come back the next day to play your 2nd round match, then go off, not sure how long you have to wait again for your next match.

all very distracting and frustrating. conchita probably was a bit tired, physically and mentally.

but not to take anything from serena. she obviously played really well, and looks more comfortable on clay as her career progresses.

Steffica Greles
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:00 AM
Ironically I think Conchita would have stood a better chance against Serena on a fast surface.

Serena anhilated Conchita on red clay in Rome way back in 1998, in a tournament Conchi virtually owned. This result was no great surprise. Conchita probably gained from playing the extra match if anything.

bilbo
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:40 AM
It seems like Serena will face Henin in final
Congrats to serena
Plzz win this title and kept it in your collections

kell
Apr 11th, 2003, 04:51 AM
Poor Conchita :sad:
I don't think anyone really expected her to do well...not against Serena.