PDA

View Full Version : The 1996 Australian Open women's final will be on t.v/Seles v.s Huber

selesadmirer
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:49 PM
"1996: Huber/Seles"
ESPNCL, Fri Apr 11 07:00am EDT

Enjoy :wavey:

Jakub
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:54 PM
:sad: I don`t have ESPNCL :sad::sad:

matthias
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:54 PM
cool , the first set is good, but then..... :sad:

selesadmirer
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:56 PM
:sad: I don`t have ESPNCL :sad::sad:
Can't you order it :wavey:

oggie
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Thanks selesadmirer. Where do you get the schedule for tennis matches on ESPNCL?

selesadmirer
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks selesadmirer. Where do you get the schedule for tennis matches on ESPNCL?I just get it from the cable listings :wavey:

M&M
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:03 PM
i would love to c the junior final :D

Julian
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Thanks! I will for surely be time recording this one. :) BTW, if you have any other news of classic matches coming up can u tell me? :)

oggie
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Same goes for me selesadmirer. I would appreciate it ver much.

ttaM
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:16 PM
I remember that really long game...so long is got annoying. Not the best match IMO. Monica had a really great acceptance speech, and I remember the camera showing her dad crying.

pan
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:36 AM
enjoy it! the first set is good one! :wavey:

Princess Fiona
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Enjoy the match... :)

:wavey:

doloresc
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:56 AM
that's a curious choice but i suppose it's a tribute to not only seles but her late father. i remember a sweet moment during the trophy presentation where huber is shown wiping away tears and seles looks at huber as if she want to console her. very classy!

Julian
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Just watched the match..

1st set was REALLY close, even though both Monica and Anke had more UE's then winners it's understandable that they would go for winners. It was a very hard hitting match and what really was shocking was Anke having more winners then Monica in the 1st set. Yes that was a VERY long game, I think Monica won that one and I think it took a lot out of Anke who was playing with no fear at that point. On set point Anke had Monica out of the court and had a clear shot for a winner all she had to do was put it in the corner of the other side and what happens?? She goes for the highest part of the net, it hits the top and topples back on her side of the court. The crowd groaned and was also surprised to see a lot of German supporters there.

2nd set was ALL Monica, she did not let up, mixed up with amazing tennis and Anke's desire and level detoriating. Anke sorta gave up at the end I think, her level wasn't the same as in the 1st set but Monica was just on fire and her spirit was just on air!

Trophy presentation was sweet, Anke seemed really sad and seeing Monica hold that trophy was priceless. I don't know why Anke didn't play like that the whole year but seeing this match was a lot of great memories. :)