PDA

View Full Version : Venus Presents Reebok Human Rights Award 2003 :

AjdeNate!
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Christian Mukosa, of Democratic Republic of Congo, left, one of the Reebok Human Rights Award 2003 recipients, talks with superstar tennis player Venus Williams, Thursday, April 10, 2003, in Boston, following a news conference to announce the awards. Williams is one of the guest presenters.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030410/capt.1049996643.reebock_award_bx106.jpg

You go with that mobile phone, V! :)

Seenus
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:40 PM
r u sure venus dat?

Cariaoke
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Glad to see Venus laughing. :hearts: :kiss:

SJW
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:08 PM
good to see she thinks presenting is better than bothering to defend her points :)

Callie20
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:26 PM
good to see she thinks presenting is better than bothering to defend her points :)

Not to be mean or anything, but you are one annoying person. More than likely you already know that. :rolleyes:

Pureracket
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:32 PM

LOL!!!!!

SJW
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:32 PM
Not to be mean or anything, but you are one annoying person. More than likely you already know that. :rolleyes:

if u dont like it keep on moving

objective and annoying both start with a vowel but do NOT have the same meaning

im just not up Venus' ass

Williams fans have pissed me off one to many times this week and i will keep going until all i have is relieved

have a nice day :) :wavey:

Pureracket
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:34 PM
if u dont like it keep on moving

objective and annoying both start with a vowel but do NOT have the same meaning

im just not up Venus' ass

Williams fans have pissed me off one to many times this week and i will keep going until all i have is relieved

have a nice day :) :wavey:

SerenaJWilliams,
That's it let it out. Please, please, please be as funny as the other post about defending points, though. That comment made me spit out my Parrot Bay. LOL!!!!!

Cariaoke
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:41 PM
SJW... http://cpanel08.gzo.com/~cari/vs/images/smilies/icon_rofl.gif http://cpanel08.gzo.com/~cari/vs/images/smilies/icon_rofl.gif

SJW
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Pureracquet :wavey: man i wasnt trying to be funny LOL! thats just what i thought.

btw that mobile looks exactly the same as one that was nicked from me :fiery: :fiery:

damn Venus Williams :fiery: :fiery:

Pureracket
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Pureracquet :wavey: man i wasnt trying to be funny LOL! thats just what i thought.

btw that mobile looks exactly the same as one that was nicked from me :fiery: :fiery:

damn Venus Williams :fiery: :fiery:

LOL!!!!! You're not saying what I think you're saying are you - that Venus Williams somehow had something to do with the disappearance of your phone?

(I hope your day gets better).

SJW
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:59 PM
my silver nokia = gone
Venus=notably absent from WTATour
Venus=in love with England
Reebok=English company
Venus=silver nokia phone in her hand

u do the math :fiery: :fiery:

Zenith
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:38 PM
Hey SerenaJWilliams, I would love to see your reaction the next time Venus whops Serena's ass (a lovely ass I might add :lick: ).

anton
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:41 PM
venus is laughing about that whooppin she is about to put on serena :D

SJW
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Hey SerenaJWilliams, I would love to see your reaction the next time Venus whops Serena's ass (a lovely ass I might add :lick: ).

u ever seen a (nearly) grown female break down and cry for 7 days?

no? well unless Venus gets off her bootay u wont either ;)

dont let the exterior fool u bud i am very nice and ALWAYS gracious in defeat :angel:

just nowadays i rarely taste it ;) :angel:

SJW
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:50 PM
anton beware before i eliminate EVERY one of ur rep points one by one :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

:angel:

CJ07
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:10 AM
this is more important than defending points

go Queen V!

servenrichie
Apr 11th, 2003, 07:59 AM
Just a side question SerenaJWilliams, whom exactly are you trying to impress with the constant drivel about Venus and the "Williams fans"?
After a while even the funniest repetition grows tired. Give it a rest, will you!
=============
What I cant stand is anybody jumping on Serenas bandwagon with the sole aim of putting Venus down or the other way round. Sure they are not siamese twins and each has her own personality, but since they came on the tour, they have stressed and shown that their relationship as sisters takes precedence over fame and any grandslam, why cant we just respect that as fans. Do some people only feel better, when families go against each other because of fame? Has money and fame taken over every single value in our lives and society? You prefer Serena to Venus or Venus to Serena? good for you, but dont use it to bash the other. That's obscene. Core Williams fans like both, maybe with a slight preference over the other, but bashing or downright mean? No. I suspect you have been trying to convince some posters (who shall remain nameless) here, that you aint conforming, but that is stupid and believe me Serena wouldnt also like you as her fan. Please revel in Serenas bandwagon and leave Venus and the "Williams fans" the fuck alone!

lala
Apr 11th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Just a side question SerenaJWilliams, whom exactly are you trying to impress with the constant drivel about Venus and the "Williams fans"?
After a while even the funniest repetition grows tired. Give it a rest, will you!
=============
What I cant stand is anybody jumping on Serenas bandwagon with the sole aim of putting Venus down or the other way round. Sure they are not siamese twins and each has her own personality, but since they came on the tour, they have stressed and shown that their relationship as sisters takes precedence over fame and any grandslam, why cant we just respect that as fans. Do some people only feel better, when families go against each other because of fame? Has money and fame taken over every single value in our lives and society? You prefer Serena to Venus or Venus to Serena? good for you, but dont use it to bash the other. That's obscene. Core Williams fans like both, maybe with a slight preference over the other, but bashing or downright mean? No. I suspect you have been trying to convince some posters (who shall remain nameless) here, that you aint conforming, but that is stupid and believe me Serena wouldnt also like you as her fan. Please revel in Serenas bandwagon and leave Venus and the "Williams fans" the fuck alone!
here here

SJW
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:06 PM
Rotf

Servenrichie: ur point is duly noted

but

1. i am not a bandwagoner
2.i DO actually like Venus (to some extent)
3.just because i like her it doesnt mean i cant say whats on my mind about her
4. "Core williams fans like both"....i am NOT a "Williams fan" never mind about a core one so take a hint
5.let it be noted THEY (ie YOU and the rest) confronted me so HOW is it I have 2 b the one to leave them alone?
6.u have made me break down and cry now

have a nice day :wavey: :)

doloresc
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:12 PM
i realize that she's contractually bound but i'm happy to see venus involved in this award show because this is definitely a way of giving back and showing visible support. writing checks and mailing off (as many liberals do), while appreciated, is not the same as being hands on and lending your name and celebrity.

servenrichie
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:17 PM
It's okay, if that's the best you can come up with...

:wavey: Have a nice day too!

PS
The times when i randomly come here to read, i have seen various posts from you, denying vehemently being "a Williams fans". Are you going to loose your job if you are one? Just curious!
I have no reason to confront you, we are here to cheer our favourites. In view of the special realtionship b/w V&S, it wont kill you to show a bit of sensitivity.

SJW
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:20 PM
because (some) CORE WILLIAMS FANS CAN BE SUCH ASSES

go on, give me bad rep points for that too

:rolleyes:

in view of the relationship between V&S i AM sensitive towards Venus. i LOVE watching Venus play.

read m earlier post to see whats going on :rolleyes:

servenrichie
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Core Williams fans are not asses. Put it this way, if you have 2 children, you want a bit of a balance. A lot of them hope that Venus get a win over Serena for a change, just like many wanted Serena to get a win over Venus during Venus' domination. Along the line some wagon jumpers came along to insult one or the other sister by posing as a fan. I can give you a long list of yes, core Williams fans, who are not asses as you claim. Sorry about the reputation point, believe me, that was the first i ever gave out since coming on this board. I just seem to read too many of your post putting Venus or "the Williams fans" down in the last few days.

SJW
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:41 PM
ok core williams fans not = asses. i said some are

believe me i understand about the balance. i was behind Venus at wimbledon last year. then i realised the whole world was against Serena. why? cos shes winning.

i believed that i was ONE HELL of a hypocrite to get on SERENA'S case (yes, Serena, my favourite player) to GET off her ass, stop playing 10 tourneys a year, and start getting serious, just to have the CHEEK to turn around and say "just let Venus win a few"

no, i decided thats not how im going out so its Serena from here on in 4 me :) and as far as Venus is concerned, she has too much talent just to sit back and let it fritter away.

btw r u telling me....

if u LOVE one football team, and really like another, and they got into the final of the Champions league together, and the team u LOVE had won the past 5 CLs, you would support the team u liked over the team u loved? :confused:

thats amazing :)

Stay happy :wavey:

doloresc
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:48 PM
it's unfortunate that a thread announcing venus' participation in a worthwhile cause has been reduced to petty (and negative) squabbling.