PDA

View Full Version : JAKARTA Resident Please HELP!

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Hi Guys :D

I might go to visit JAKARTA Indonesia @ The end of June this year for a week (just for shopping & Holiday), I'll be going with one of my friend.

But, I really need to find out a decent & affordable Accomodation in The City centre of jakarta (close to The Mall, Restaurant, etc)

My Budget is around $40 (US$ Dollars) per NIGHT ;)

If you can tell me here or give me the name of the website so I can have a look of it that would be Great, and I appreciated for all your help :D

Thanks

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:18 AM
:cool:

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:30 AM
Oh well, as long the Hotel is clean, Air-Conditioning and close to every where that's the main thing for me :D

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:51 AM
If you could tell me the Website that would be great (I think is better to have a look at The web, so I will know the place & the address :D )

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Hi, Buitenzorg! I have 2 places recommended for you below. My scholar friends from Australia, Holland and other nations have been staying there!

1) Wisma Bumi Asih Jaya - It is owned by a local insurance company, located on Jalan Solo 4, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat (phone: 021-390-0353) and it is actually nearby my uncle's house. So, it is located in regular residential area. You know, Menteng area is one of the oldest part of Jakarta and during the colonial period, Menteng was the area where all the high ranking officials used to reside. Some foreigners say that Menteng is like Beverly Hills!

I have rang them and found out about the room price. For standard room is Rp 150,000.- (tax included already) per night including breakfast with hot/cold water, TV. While for deluxe room is Rp 175.000,- (tax included already) per night including breakfast with hot/cold water, TV. All rooms are air-conditioned!!! If you want to reserve, they advised me that you must reserve one month ahead!

2) Gondia International Guesthouse - It is owned by Chinese family and it is more like home setting. It is located on Jalan Gondangdia Kecil 22, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat (phone: 021-390-9221) and it is also situated in regular residential area. But from time to time, it may get noisy since it is close to railway track!!! The room price is Rp 120,000.- (tax included already) including breakfast with hot/cold water and TV, too. If you want to reserve, they advised me that you must reserve 2 weeks prior to your arrival!

Definitely, these 2 places are in short distance to eating places and the heart of Jakarta where you can find shopping centers, museums etc. And I ranked them 1) and 2) based on location. These 2 places actually are not too far apart!

I would be happy to assist you if you need to make reservation! Obviously these kind of guesthouses, they have no website. And it iwll be great if I can meet you, too when I have free time! So, for the prices if you convert them to US dollars, for sure they are less than 40 bucks! It will save your expenses so that you can buy more goodies here! hahaha! Anyhow, please do not hesitate to contact me, for sure I grew up in this Menteng area!!! Cheers from the city of endless demonstration!

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Terima Kasih Takanadobaba :D

I would like to know, is the bathroom inside the room or do we have to share with the other guests as well?

Also, can you tell me how much the cost of Taxi over there?

Also do you have the other accomodation list or website that I can have a look?

But I will considering your 2 of above places that you had recommend ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:45 AM
I know that you used to live in Bogor, right? Let me answer your questions!

For sure, the bathrooms are inside the room at the two places I have recommended to you! Don't worry, you are not in Japan where they have "sento" or public bathroom!

Speaking of taxi or cab, each taxi when you get in, they have metered machine (don't know what you called it)...so, for the first time it is Rp 3,000.- then after certain meters then it will go up over Rp 200,- if I am not mistaken and it goes on and on like that! When you get to "Sukarno Hatta" International Airport, please go to taxi order counter which says "Blue Bird" - it is the most reliable taxi company in Indonesia then you can order for regular cab or limousine one - they are both with air conditioner! The limo one is obviously slightly more expensive! Do not, again do not call the cab outside, they may cheat on your price especially "Prestasi" or "President" Taxi! If you use regular cab, it may cost around Rp 60-70 thousands to reach central Jakarta where the two places I have recommended are located. In addition, this price is valid only when there is no bloody traffic jam! Jakarta is notorious for its traffic jam especially in the morning until 9.30 AM and in the afternoon from 3.30 PM until 8 PM! Also, you need to pay toll fee which would be around Rp 7 up to 10 thousands!

BTW, I forgot to tell you that the guesthouse number 2) is also air-conditioned actually!

Here, some hotels located in central Jakarta where they have easy access to what you want.

"Sabang Metropolitan" Hotel - walking distance to Presidential Palace, business and shopping areas! I would not recommend this one since it is an old hotel but they are lack of maintenance (www.hotelsabangjkt.co.id)

"Paragon" Hotel Galeri Jakarta - My Canadian friend used to stay here for 4 years when he was working here! (www.paragon.co.id). It is quite okay hotel!

I can only give these two above hotels' website since they are located in central Jakarta. There are other hotels in central Jakarta but the location and the prices are not within your budget while there are other cheaper hotels but I would not recommend you due its lack of maintenance quality and you know, like in any city, certain area is just not nice!

So, feel free to ask me any question so that I can provide you any information I can give you to make your stay as pleasant as possible!

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks a lots Takadanobaba :D

I had a look on those website that you had given to me.

* Sabang (From the picture that I saw, it seems ok and quite nice rooms), what do you meant by lack of maintenance, how come their picture on the website looks very nice? or it is fake picture?

* Paragon (also very nice place and very affordable)

Do you think is better for me to book by using IDR or $ ?

What is the activity that We can do during the day/night?

Do you have Day tours to go to the beach or ... ?

I really need to organise everything before I have to decide whether or not We will going to Jakarta?

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I heard that Plaza Senayan & Mall Taman Anggrek are The Best Mall in Jakarta? :D

How much if we want to go to see the movie?

Also, some of our friends say that "Dufan is a good as well, how much cost to go to this theme park?

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Bump :bounce:

kj-
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:42 PM
I heard that Plaza Senayan & Mall Taman Anggrek are The Best Mall in Jakarta? :D

Also, some of our friends say that "Dufan is a good as well, how much cost to go to this theme park?
Hi!!

Dufan is good???? not really!!! although is the best in Jakarta...! ;)

Mall Taman Anggrek is great, but for me it's too wide... :o but you can try the ice skating ring!

Plaza Senayan may be the best Plaza in Jakarta!

if you want to go to the movie there in Plaza Senayan it may cost US$5, but there is a new cinema in Pasaraya Blok M call Megaplex and it's cost US$7 and it's more luxurious, also I think Pasaraya Blok M is a better place to shop!

try this! http://www.jakarta.go.id/

to be continued for place to stay....! ;)

Buitenzorg
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Wow...thanks guys :D

kj-
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Ibis Slipi is good too!

try this! http://www.asiavoyage24.com/jakarta/Ibis-Slipi.html

it's rated US$43

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:50 PM

Yup, Plaza Senayan and Mall Taman Anggrek are one of the best malls in Indonesia! Well, most of the malls here are places where people want to be noticed! For movie, it varies from place to place. If it is at Plaza Senayan, I think it is almost Rp 50.000,-! Other places less than that!

"Dufan"? LOL...It is nothing compare to other world theme parks in USA or Queensland! Well, my uncle composed its theme song for its doll palace! The admission ticket is abotu 50 thousand rups!

Well, "Sabang" Hotel is lack of maintenance since last time I passed by last month, it looked ugly to me! Um not sure if they use fake pics. Yup, "Paragon" is quite nice. For booking, if you use credit card, they may charge you in IDR.

See, I really don't know ur interests. During day time, you may go to shopping malls, museums or "Puncak", out of Bogor where you may enjoy tea plantation! But museums are in bad condition since Indonesians do not appreciate old things! For night life, Jakarta is city that never sleeps! You may hit some clubs in central Jakarta, Chinatown/Kota area or Kemang in south Jakarta!

Speaking of one day beach tour, I really I don't know. Um sure they have one. But please don't go to Ancol beach is very filthy! You may take a trip to "Pulau Seribu" if you like scuba diving and you may stay overnight there at one of the islands in the gulf of Jakarta! You can go to "Carita" beach - west of Jakarta in Banten province, about 2 hours drive from the city! If ur lucky, u may be able to view the volcano of "Krakatoa" on Sunda strait! Great food is plentiful here in town from sea food...you name it, mate! Grilled, fried, etc!

Tell me ur interests whether culture, specific food or anything! CU later, mate! You may PM, me too!

kj-
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Buitenzorg! what is your real name???

for the place of interest :

At day, you may shop till drop at :

Plaza Indonesia
http://www.indoexchange.com/jsx/plin/cover.jpg

Pasaraya Blok M
http://www.lg-japan.com/img/nws/nw020423.jpg
I'm not sure it's a picture of it...:o

this is for other place to shop :
http://www.jakarta.go.id/index.php?pg=other&o_id=7

and in the night you can dinner in some cafes or maybe go to the clubs! and also you have to come to Taman Ria! it's a little theme Park near to Senayan, and there is also club there called Embassy, sometimes they make a DJ party there!! ;)

this is for the list of club/bar in Jakarta :

http://www.beatmag.com/jakarta_music_bar_disco.htm

if you like sport you should try go cart in pondok Indah! ;)

kj-
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:08 PM
and I forget, you should go to Kemang and eat there!! some people call it Jakarta's Legian! ;)

kj-
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:09 PM
this is a list for cafe and live performance!

http://www.beatmag.com/jakarta_liveperformance.htm

Steveg
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:54 PM
takadanobaba and kj- ,

have you ever considered opening a tourist agency ;) .

kj-
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:57 PM
takadanobaba and kj- ,

have you ever considered opening a tourist agency ;) .
Maybe.... :rolleyes:

Buitenzorg
Apr 11th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Thanks a lots Amri & Takadanobaba :D

Buitenzorg
Apr 12th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Bump :D

kfh_9118
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Adji & Amri, you both are really good in tourism :D And Adji, you knowledge about everything is unbelievable :eek: :eek: I am really looking forward to meet you someday.

Buitenzorg (Nikov/Eric ;)), I am also planning to go back to Indonesia for holiday, maybe the end of May or early June, depending on how the SARS virus issue progressing at that time. When are you planning to visit Indonesia?? Maybe we can book the same airline ;)

:wavey:

K155-k155
Apr 14th, 2003, 12:40 AM
Hey if you are shopoholic, then you better go to :

* Mall Taman Aggrek (Orchid Garden) for Up Market goodies

* ITC Mangga Dua (for Bargain goodies) ;)

Buitenzorg
Apr 14th, 2003, 01:13 AM

Buitenzorg
Apr 14th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Bump :bounce:

K155-k155
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Hey :kiss:

If you like a Tenpin Bowling or other type of sport, just go to Mega Mall Pluit (for Tenpin Bowling)

Buitenzorg
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks K155-k155 :D

Also, there is an AUTOMATIC Car Hire over there? I only can drive Auto ;) or is better just catch a cab?

To Henry (kfh_9118) :D
How are you been doing? hope everything is ok!

I'm unsure about the departure date, we only plan this holiday just a week ago, but which airlines are you going with? for me I prefer QANTAS

kj-
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Thanks K155-k155 :D

Also, there is an AUTOMATIC Car Hire over there? I only can drive Auto ;) or is better just catch a cab?

To Henry (kfh_9118) :D
How are you been doing? hope everything is ok!

I'm unsure about the departure date, we only plan this holiday just a week ago, but which airlines are you going with? for me I prefer QANTAS
why don't you try Indonesian? :D ;)

try Garuda Indonesia! ;)

K155-k155
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Yeah, actually Garuda Indonesia Airways isn't too bad ;)

I know the price is similar with QANTAS, so I assumed you prefer your own airways :D

K155-k155
Apr 14th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Amri & Adji :D

Di jakarta, ente tinggalnye dimane? loe-loe pade suka maen Tennis kaga?

Buitenzorg
Apr 15th, 2003, 07:49 AM
:cool:

Buitenzorg
Apr 16th, 2003, 12:04 AM

Buitenzorg
Apr 16th, 2003, 08:16 AM

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 18th, 2003, 10:47 AM
Buitenzorg...whatever your decision, I hope it would be the best!

Guys, I have been very busy with 2 different projects! One project in market research already finished last Monday but in between on Saturday last week, I was working on different project - Human Resources Development Consultancy for a major state owned company. I continued it on Tuesday until yesterday! I have been really focusing on this project and my client provided me an accomodation so I did not need to go home! After dinner, I got tired and I just went to bed and certainly no time for internet! This Monday, I will continue the project again for several days so I am not gonna be around...

Henry...don't praise me too much...I just happened to know, nothing more...

Kiss Kiss...I play tennis but not regularly and I live in Banten area!!!

Back to Buitenzorg, I guess you have enough information from us, but please do not hesitate to ask if anything I can help...Cheers!