PDA

View Full Version : Make a list of the top 5 nicest players in the wta.

selesadmirer
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Who are the top 5 nicest players in the wta?

GBFH
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:05 AM
seles
clijsters

those are the two I hear the most about...

Venus Forever
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:06 AM
I base this on always having nice things to say:

Venus Williams
Monica Seles
Lindsay Davenport
Kim Clijsters
Patty Schnyder

PatM04
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:07 AM
1. Amanda
2. Monica
3. Lindsay
4. Meghann
5. Samantha:)

selesfan
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:09 AM
1. Monica
2. Lindsay
3. Kim
4. Serena
5. Venus

King Lindsay
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Not one of us can know. We don't know the players. Except Earthcrystal, who is a close personal friend of seles.

~ The Leopard ~
Amelie should be in there somewhere. She is always so sweet and thoughtful in everything she says.

Chance
how do you know who is nice when you haven't met the entire WTA? None of us know these players personally....except for Tammy's big sister.

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Well, you can tell a bit from the way they present themselves in public, deal with fans (word gets round), try to relate to their fan base on their web sites, and just by their general demeanour.

Admittedly, you can't take it too far. Those who really know them such as lovers, relatives and close personal friends may have an entirely different perspective on all or any of them.

Sam L
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:35 AM
Not one of us can know. We don't know the players. Except Earthcrystal, who is a close personal friend of seles.
Really? Wow, I didn't know that :eek:

RYN
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:37 AM
I would think majority of the players are nice. Sometimes we think someone is a bitch because she has that kind of attitude on the court. Whats on the court that doesnt really mean there a bitch in real life, it just shows how intense they are in a match.

kell
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:27 AM

True, but you can get a pretty good idea from their interveiws and the wat they treat fans. Then again, the media can often push a player to seem their worst :rolleyes:
I think most tennis players seem really nice, but these ones particually stand out to me as really sweet.

1. Alicia Molik (she's really down to earth and just plain nice)
2. Kim Clijsters (just oozes with sweetness)
3. Venus Williams (so gracious and lovely)
4. Monica Seles (she seems to be a really really nice person)
5. Most others players, I guess (exept for a few who seem downright nasty)

hollywood7172
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:34 AM
1. jen cap
2. serena
3. dokic
4. venus
5. drake

oh, this is a list of who's NICE??? pppffftttt!

ys
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Serena, Jennifer, Alexandra, Anna

Kirt12255
Apr 10th, 2003, 05:02 AM
True, but you can get a pretty good idea from their interveiws and the wat they treat fans. Then again, the media can often push a player to seem their worst :rolleyes:
I think most tennis players seem really nice, but these ones particually stand out to me as really sweet.

1. Alicia Molik (she's really down to earth and just plain nice)
2. Kim Clijsters (just oozes with sweetness)
3. Venus Williams (so gracious and lovely)
4. Monica Seles (she seems to be a really really nice person)
5. Most others players, I guess (exept for a few who seem downright nasty)

:wavey: Terrific List...I guess it's hard when they have cameras shoved in their face to get a real perception :D Going on what I have seen...

1. Kim....(Sends letters to Tourney Directors thanking them for having her in their tourney.....it's so sweet)

2. Alicia (As above...watched her play at Aus Open....accidentally knocked a spectator and put her hand on their shoulder and appologised...very genuine)

3. Venus (At a time when Australia was in Bushfire crisis...her speech was brilliant)

4. Dead Heat between Tanasugarn (does she ever stop smiling??) and Amy Frazier (I just like her because she was my first Autograph....I thought crikey she's tall)

5. Nicole Pratt (Pratty) for trying to get Jelena back in the Fed-Cup team (sorry had to have one selfish one...but she's a cool chick too )

:wavey:

vs1
Apr 10th, 2003, 05:45 AM
Monica Seles
Kim Clijsters
Venus Williams
Alicia Molik
Rita Grande

Honourable mentions:
Serena Williams
Ai Sugiyama
Dinara Safina
Chanda Rubin
Patty Schynder

But I love 'em all!!! :hearts:

Lindsayfan
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:06 AM
what a surprise!!everyone says that the nicest are own faves!! :angel:

Kirt12255
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:10 AM

:wavey: I didn't but was tempted...Kim is definately the nicest player on tour...consistantly :wavey:

WtaTour4Ever
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:12 AM
Kimmie, Monica,Venus,Lindsay and Justine

vs1
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:16 AM

Granted, I have my faves on the list, but they are my faves because I think that they are nice! But also, I have some non-faves on the list. For instance, Kim Clijsters...she is undisputedly nice. She is always level-headed, mellow and just a decent girl. I have seen her play five times live. Each time, she is always gracious and polite. In the BOWC final, she especially thanked the ballboys and ballgirls in her runner-up speech. That's cool.

Also, Monica (although I do love her), she is undisputedly nice. I've seen her play a dozen times and EACH time, I've gotten an autograph from her! She tirelessly signs autographs for her fans. She talks to them. She never seems fussed or put off (something that I've noticed in Serena Williams...she also signs a ton of autographs). And to note, four times that I got Monica's autograph, she LOST the match! But she still paid respect to her fans who wanted an extra something from her. That is NICE!

Venus Williams is always gracious! She doesn't diss her opponents or other players. In her speeches (when she wins tournies) she always thanks the sponsors, organisers, fans, etc. She is really quite tender and sweet.

Alicia Molik. :kiss:

Rita Grande. She is candid and sweet. She says it like it is and goes out there and is herself and is real. She's a pleasure to watch and a pleasure to support. She's nice!!!

So those are my reasonings. But like I said, they are all nice, I love them all and I wish all the ladies well!!! :angel:

duki
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:17 AM
Nominations:

* Kim Clijsters
* Lindsay Davenport
* Amelie Mauresmo
* Monica Seles
* Ai Sugiyama

and

the

Oscar

goes

to:

Monica Seles

Mattographer
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Sandrine Testud :D

SpikeyAidanm
Apr 10th, 2003, 07:27 AM
1. Seles
2. Hantuchova
3. Clijsters
4. Molik
5. Navratilova

Jakeev
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Davenport, Seles, Frazier, Clijsters and Rubin. Honorable mentions to Molik, S. Williams, Majoli, Pierce, Coetzer, Grande, Maleeva and Sharapova.

AKTW
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:03 AM
1.Alyona for sure.
2.I guess Daniela
3.Maggie
4.Rubin
5.Nastya

White Stripes
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Jennifer
Lindsay
Babsi
Iva
Silvia

Edman
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:56 AM
1.Mary Pierce :hearts:
2.Monica Seles
3.Lindsay Davenport
4.Hantuchova
5.Steffi Graf

schris
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Chanda Rubin

Roxers
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:22 AM
1. Dinara Safina
2. Babsi Schett
3. Anastacia Myskina
4. Monica Seles
5. Maria S

Lindsay D, Jelena D, Iroda T, Amanda, Tatiana, Vera Z, Elena B

Jan
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Lindsay
Monica
Kim
Venus
Amelie

(and most of the other players too!!)

Retired player s- Steffi Graf, Pan Shriver, Sue Barker, Martina N. Crhis Evert :worship:

CJ1
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Rita Grande for sure
she likes to thank her fans for cheering for her in matches, always remembers fans faces

thalle
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:42 PM
1)Kim
2-5) Seles, Capriati, Venus and Safina... I think!!!

cooolconchita
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Rita, Monica, Venus, Conchita, Chanda - in that order :)

SJW
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:03 PM
someone i think is nice...i think i could get along with, doesnt piss me off, not fake nice etc

1.Kim Clijsters (is a sweetheart)
2.Monica Seles (we all know)
3.Serena Williams (shes a lot nicer than people think)
4.Alicia Molik (shes such a nice person its insane)
5.Dani Hantuchova (she was invited in the commentary box at Eurosport and she agreed. she sat down and talke with the commentators and she was so nice. i think it was a W/S match but in the end i didnt even watch the match i was just listening to what she had to say. shes such a dude and i hope she does really well this year)

selesadmirer
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:07 PM
1.Monica Seles
2.Eleni Daniilidou
3.Mary Pierce
4.Kim Clijsters
5.Lindsay Davenport

The Crow
Apr 10th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Whoever said Schnyder hasn't seen her after her lost semifinal against Justine in Antwerp last year ;)

Lapin
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Amélie
Eleni
Kim
Monica
Daniela

There are lots of others too, but these are the first that spring to mind for me!

:D

auntie janie
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Players I have most consistently seen described by fellow players as the nicest, including some 2002 retirees:

Kim
Monica
Lindsay
Sandrine
Arantxa
Chanda

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

And I know that there are pleny more, including almost every Challenger-level player. :kiss:

Candy946
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Only 5?

Based on my experiences I would say Serena, Meghann, Bovina, Kim, Daja, Myskina, Patricia Tarabini, and Jana Kandaar. :cool:

Steffica Greles
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:31 PM
"Nice"? What does that mean?

I hate to be called "nice" because it's meaningless. It's more important to be respected for who you are - and then you will be liked.

Being "nice" is skin deep.

The reason I say all this is because this is a difficult question to answer: what do we define as "nice"?

Pdm1987
Apr 10th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Anastacia Myskina
Els Callens
Rita Grande
Magui Serna
Alicia Molik (so i've heard)

Jakeev
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Oh good grief Steffica just answer the damn question. Nobody gives a damn about your definition of nice :rolleyes: sheesh.

JCAP
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:19 PM
1. Jenn :devil:
2. Kim
3. Iva
4. Babsi
5. Lindsay are Monica

aisha
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Oh good grief Steffica just answer the damn question. Nobody gives a damn about your definition of nice :rolleyes: sheesh.

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/roflmao.gifhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif

Dude, you made snot come out my nose. That was so funny.

Pamela Shriver
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:07 PM
Easy:

Pam Shriver
Pam Shriver
Pam Shriver
Pam Shriver
Sue Barker

SueBarker
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Ooh Pam, you are a darling. My list:

Spamela Shriver
Susie-Sue Barker
Ann Jones
Me
Sue Barker

ksgyh
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Undisputed Kim and Monica, I have heard way too many stories for all of them to be fabricated. Speaking of Monica, did you all read her interview in Tennis magazine (she's on the cover)? Talk about an *amazing* person and player. This is why I admire these two so much - they are good at what they do, they love what they do, they never take for granted the position they are in, and they treat people as all people should be treated.

Now, has anyone actually had any interaction with any of the WTA players? Any bad experiences with snobby, impatient, rude players? For some reason (actually there are plenty of reasons), Jen Cap strikes me as potentially ungracious and intolerant.

AgassiGirl16
Apr 10th, 2003, 11:08 PM
I'd say...from what I've seen..

Kim, Corina, Lindsay, Monica, Chanda, Daniela

Mr. Man
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Serena
Venus & Chanda.

Pam Shriver nice? LMAO (The real person).

Seles_Beckham
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:26 AM
1. MONIKA SELES :hearts:
2. IVA MAJOLI :hearts:
3. Martina Hingis.

4-5. Mary, Daniela, Arantxa , Kim, Amélie.

kell
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:28 AM

lol! That was no 'nice' of you! :D

*JR*
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:30 AM
Now, has anyone actually had any interaction with any of the WTA players?
Well, um, hmmm, let me think now... :eek: :D :p

Seles_Beckham
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:30 AM
I am sure that Monika is one of the nicest person in the wta and also Iva Majoli, she is a great person also.

rikvanlooy
Apr 11th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Certainly not the father of Kim Clijsters.

Every time he opens his mouth, he makes me angry (I hate the fact that he tries to push Kim to adopt the Australian nationality) and he has way too much influence on Kim.

Belgian journalists really hate his guts.

auntie janie
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:26 PM

Every time he opens his mouth, he makes me angry (I hate the fact that he tries to push Kim to adopt the Australian nationality) and he has way too much influence on Kim.

Maybe so, but until he plays his first match, I refuse to consider him a WTA player. ;)

ans
Apr 11th, 2003, 02:48 PM

I'm not so sure :). I must say that I sometimes think "Oh, man, what are you saying now?" but I think Kim is who she is because of her father. He's a really down-to-earth man. And anyway, Kim is 19 already, she doesn't have to listen to him...but she mostly does.

Anyway I pick Kim as the nicest player on the tour, not only because she's my favourite. I like watching Justine too, but I don't really like her as a person. And Lindsay Davenport is a really nice person too! I like her most of all American players. :worship: