PDA

View Full Version : Meghann Shaughnessy slips by Elena 7-6 (7-1), 6-7 (5-7), 6-4

Tennis Fool
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:59 AM
Hopefully her next match will be easier;)

Blazedboy
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Yea Im a little worried, not that Elena isn't a great player, butr she definately hasn't been near her top form for a long time. I feel like Meg just needs some time to get really comfortable on the clay. The next match against Harkleroad should be a good one for Meg. Good luck!

Julian
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Meghann had these types of matches a lot last year..Close 3 sets with a lot of tiebreaks in them lol. IMO I bet it's because Meghann always had trouble returning serve and then holds her serve easily which causes those tiebreaks. BUT if she returns serve like she did against Venus in every match she plays then she doesn't just have to depend on her serve!! But I agree she just has to get a good feel on clay and hopefully this also means that Elena is finding her form again. :)

King Lindsay
Apr 10th, 2003, 02:51 AM
Worried? Why be worried? Meghann pulled out a very close match today. the difference between now and a year ago is that her confidence is skyhigh. This is the type of match she would've lost last year. instead, she rolls on over a good, veteran opponent.

Anyway, Meghann has a huge chance to rise in the rankings these coming weeks. She has zero points off until Strasbourg, where she was a semifinalist last year.

Harju.
Apr 10th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Worried? Why be worried? Meghann pulled out a very close match today. the difference between now and a year ago is that her confidence is skyhigh. This is the type of match she would've lost last year. instead, she rolls on over a good, veteran opponent.

Anyway, Meghann has a huge chance to rise in the rankings these coming weeks. She has zero points off until Strasbourg, where she was a semifinalist last year.
:worship: quality post :D

King Lindsay
Apr 10th, 2003, 04:13 AM
thanks. I try. :D