PDA

View Full Version : Evie next in as LL as per usual!

AUSBOY
Apr 7th, 2003, 02:07 AM
With Garbin and Drake already gaining main draw places, Evie is now top of the next in LL's to the main draw!

Seems to be a regular occurence with Evie, she managed to get into the Ericsson Open as a LL 3 weeks ago after Seles withdrew.

Hope she can get a run here as well!

Vicky88
Apr 7th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Keeping my fingers crossed that Evie does get a LL spot and that she manages to win. She is at 103 in this weeks rankings but taking off the points she is not able to defend she will move to 106, but has the usual problem of those behind still being in the chase. All she needs is a first round win and that will put her in the safe zone for the FO.

TS
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:11 AM
Evie seems to stumble at the last hurdle of qualifying quite a bit lately :( Obviously something she has to work on...Evie seems to thrive on bigger matches it seems. I dont wish any ill hamr to any of the ladies but if she gets a run then I hope she takes advantage. Had she beaten Bartoli in Miami, who knows...

Anyway, does anyone else think it would be good if Evie entered some $50K and $75K challengers? I think it would be great for her. She always seems to play qualifying rounds, I'd actually like to see her try her luckin some top flight challengers and get some macth play and confidence up :)

louloubelle
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:18 AM
To play some 50K and 75K would ideally be good for Evie if she could get some matches under her belt. But I could really see her lose early in them too, belting her confidence again.

She's just so unreliable on court at times that anything is possible.

Vicky88
Apr 7th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Agree that playing some higher value Challengers might be a good idea for Evie. Problem now is she is not making through to the main draw so she isn't getting a lot of match practice. Agree if she does play Challengers and loses it could hurt her confidence, but then it doesn't seem to be real high. She could probably make more points in Challengers than she is by losing in Qualifying rounds at the moment.

AUSBOY
Apr 7th, 2003, 09:59 PM
I think with Evie its either play $25K Challengers or WTA qualies/main draw! Her performances at $50K and $75K in the past have been terrible and those losses have really hurt her confidence!

I think Evie's scheduling has been ok this year. She's done ok in qualifying and should make direct entry to the French Open. Even looking at next weeks ranking where she will probably be 106, its still high enough for her to get directly into the main draw