Gisela Dulko def. Gala Leon Garcia(7) 6-4 6-2
Maria Emilia Salerni def. Melinda Czink(8) 2-6 7-6(5) 6-3

Second Round:

Arancha Parra def. Martina Sucha(1) 6-3 6-2
Gisela Dulko def. Anne Keothavong 6-3 6-1

Elena Tatarkova def. Kristie Boogert 6-2 6-1
Maria Emilia Salerni def. Zsofia Gubacsi 6-3 6-3

Julia Schruff def. Katarina Daskovic 6-2 6-4
Sandra Kleinova(5) def. Lubomira Bacheva 7-6(3) 3-6 7-6(4)

Adriana Barna def. Alena Vaskova(4) 6-2 6-2
Maret Ani vs Jelena Jankovic(6) 6-2 6-4

The Guilty
Apr 6th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Today, I went in the afternoon to the tournament. I would like to have been there all day because I only watched one complete match and the end of another three; but it's hard when you have to depend of your parents :o .
Anyway, when I arrived it was already in the end of the match between Gisela Dulko and Anne Keothavong. Gisela was leading 5-1 and Anne was serving. Both players were hitting well, but Gisela was more consistent. Anne was a bit unhappy and threw her racket to the floor in the end of the match. As soon as she left the court, her trainer talked with her about the match. After that I went to the Gubacsi - Salerni match. This was really a good match and I wish I could have seen it from the begining. Salerni was leading 4-2 in the second set when I arrived. She was looking good, she hit a few aces and was hitting the ball very hard moving Zsofia from side to side. Zsofia was hitting very well too, but Salerni was just too good today. In the end Zsofia was very disapointed with the result. After this match, I saw the doubles qualifying match between Frederica Piedade/Neuza Silva and Yuliana Fedak/Claudine Schaul. The portuguese girls didn't start very well and Neuza was making some mistakes. Claudine was playing very well, hitting some nice volleys and passing shots. Claudine/Yuliana won the first set 6-1. In the second set Neuza and Frederica started playing better and broke Yuliana's serve; the only problem is that not Neuza or Frederica couldn't hold serve. At 2-2 Neuza/Frederica had two points to go up 3-2 but didn't convert them. Claudine and Yuliana went up 5-2, but it could have been the opposite score. Then Neuza started to play a lot better and showed all her skills at the net and hit some very good forehand winners. They reduced to 5-4 and had 15-40 on Claudine's serve to make it 5-5, but they lost :sad: . About the players, Frederica was very consistent and made some good points. She is so small, but she really hits that serve hard. Neuza was very inconsistent and was always going for too much, but she made some brillant points. Claudine was the better of the four, she was good from the back of the court and in the net. Yuliana played well but made some errors in the second set. The last match that I saw was Between Maret Ani and Jelena Jankovic. I only saw the last two points and Maret finished with a forehand winner.

I hope you enjoyed my report, even if I didn't see too many matches. :)

Monica_Rules
Apr 6th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Did Anne K look like she moved OK on clay?

JennyB
Apr 6th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Hey AnnaK_Fan, are going to the tournament during the week?

propi
Apr 6th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Today, I went in the afternoon to the tournament. I would like to have been there all day because I only watched one complete match and the end of another three; but it's hard when you have to depend of your parents :o .
Anyway, when I arrived it was already in the end of the match between Gisela Dulko and Anne Keothavong. Gisela was leading 5-1 and Anne was serving. Both players were hitting well, but Gisela was more consistent. Anne was a bit unhappy and threw her racket to the floor in the end of the match. As soon as she left the court, her trainer talked with her about the match. After that I went to the Gubacsi - Salerni match. This was really a good match and I wish I could have seen it from the begining. Salerni was leading 4-2 in the second set when I arrived. She was looking good, she hit a few aces and was hitting the ball very hard moving Zsofia from side to side. Zsofia was hitting very well too, but Salerni was just too good today. In the end Zsofia was very disapointed with the result. After this match, I saw the doubles qualifying match between Frederica Piedade/Neuza Silva and Yuliana Fedak/Claudine Schaul. The portuguese girls didn't start very well and Neuza was making some mistakes. Claudine was playing very well, hitting some nice volleys and passing shots. Claudine/Yuliana won the first set 6-1. In the second set Neuza and Frederica started playing better and broke Yuliana's serve; the only problem is that not Neuza or Frederica couldn't hold serve. At 2-2 Neuza/Frederica had two points to go up 3-2 but didn't convert them. Claudine and Yuliana went up 5-2, but it could have been the opposite score. Then Neuza started to play a lot better and showed all her skills at the net and hit some very good forehand winners. They reduced to 5-4 and had 15-40 on Claudine's serve to make it 5-5, but they lost :sad: . About the players, Frederica was very consistent and made some good points. She is so small, but she really hits that serve hard. Neuza was very inconsistent and was always going for too much, but she made some brillant points. Claudine was the better of the four, she was good from the back of the court and in the net. Yuliana played well but made some errors in the second set. The last match that I saw was Between Maret Ani and Jelena Jankovic. I only saw the last two points and Maret finished with a forehand winner.

I hope you enjoyed my report, even if I didn't see too many matches. :)
Thanks!!!
I hope you have a nice time there in the tourney and if you want, post more reports, but ENJOY !!

rated_next
Apr 7th, 2003, 03:18 AM

The Guilty
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Did Anne K look like she moved OK on clay?

I only saw one game, but she was moving well.

The Guilty
Apr 7th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Hey AnnaK_Fan, are going to the tournament during the week?

No, I can't go because I have school. But maybe I can miss school on Friday and watch the quarterfinals. :)