PDA

View Full Version : Mary's Family Circle Cup Incursion - Report...

ms_nut
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:24 AM
Mary Pierce goes into the 2003 FCC with a bit of Match play.She has quite a few points to defend since she did well last year(Rd16). She has a relatively easy Rd1 against Pratt a player whose pace she is very comfortable with.However her 2 rd is tricky with #7 Myskina in her way.
Myskina has won both times they played but on clay things could go Pierce's way.Myskina runs down a lot of balls and can force Pierce into numerous errors.Can Pierce handle her in 3 sets. Will her fitness let up.
However it is clear that should Pierce escape that match and sneak into the pre-QF, #10 Coetzer will be less rouble and Pierce should breeze past her.So a place in the QF is possible if Pierce gets past Myskina.
Henin at #2 will be deadly but looking so far ahead can be an eye-strain for anyone especially Pierce.
Maybe Pierce will play some Doubles and do well there. Pierce is generally good in doubles and lately has better DBls results.
Dbls will definitely help her game and make her more comfortable and Confident.
In a nut shell this should be a good week for Mary, but she seems to be getting frustrated with her game and that may not be a good sign.
ne way Go mary :bounce: :bounce:

ashwu
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:39 AM
i really think mary can beat myskina this time :)

Mark Spruce
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:43 AM
I think so ASH as well. Mary got a good run around against Elena and I am sure that will loosen Mary up and giver her confidence that she can run allot and have no side effects.

Mark

GO MARY !!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE AN :worship: :worship:

ashwu
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:23 AM
i've just checked the tv schedule, if mary play in the 1/4 final, i may see her in tv! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
last time i saw her in tv is us open last year.

PierceCheng
Apr 7th, 2003, 06:29 AM
i really think mary can beat myskina this time :)

:rolleyes: Calculated Mary Pierce win on first round, she must be lost Anastasia Myskina in second round! Because she was lost Myskina in Doha open one month ago! :rolleyes:

raquel
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Mary is actually defending the points from last year's Amelia Island as they have swapped weeks. Mary is defending 2nd round points from a Tier II now so this is a good week to gain! :bounce: Mary is not playing doubles though :sad:

Mark Spruce
Apr 7th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Oh I thought that it would have been good if Mary played some doubles to get more matchs under her belt

Mark

Leo_DFP
Apr 8th, 2003, 12:10 AM
Mary opens tomorrow against Pratt on the Club Court. Allez!! :bounce: