PDA

View Full Version : Owl foundation report...

Infiniti2001
Apr 6th, 2003, 06:58 AM
I posted this for my aol buddies and forgot to share it here, anyway:

Hey folks,
I'm really beat from being out in the sun all day, but here's a little something, before I go take the longest shower and head to bed. :)
The singles match between Monica and Serena was great.. Of course Serena is Serena.. although she made many mistakes she was able to beat Monica-- who BTW played AWESOME... She made some great shots at times... She is NOT fat, and neither is Serena all muscular like "some" make her out to be...

The doubles match was fantastic. Venus and Brenda Shultz Mc Carthy played against Serena and Jana Novotna... It was sooooooo much fun... Jana Novotna is still a wonderful dubs player... Her hands are the best. Brenda still hits the huge serves, she has great hands at the net too.
Venus played very well -- her first serves were booming-- it also looks like she's been practicing her 2nd serves.. :p
The dubs match got to a tie-break and Serena and Jana won... Monica was the dragon lady chair ump . No she was fun :D

All the players and Oracene were given lots of applause . After the matchs they were all out signing autographs (Venus signed a few and took off) :::sobbing uncontrollably:::
I got Oracene who happens to be the loveliest woman to sign my hat.. (I already have Richard's from Nasdaq 100 last year :p ) She has the bestest teeth <evil grin> I told her to tell Venus that her fans want her to work on that 2nd serve. She literally bent over laughing loud heehee. I also got Brenda Shultz Mc Carthy's, she's such a sweet gal... There were so many people out there, that I did not get to Monica on time .. I think I got some good shots of her though. My cousin and my aunt got Serena's waaaaaaaaaaa....

What a great day it was . The event was sold out, so they promise to be back in Naples (which happens to be a very porche town in South West Florida) again next year.... The Williames are soooooooooooo loved and appreciated here :)

P.S. I forgot to mention that Nick Bollateri was also present... He had a Q&A with the fans before the singles match... Someone asked him his pick for the French this year. On the men's side he chose Andre and Mr loudmouth Hewitt (he seems to love him some Andre :p he went on and on about him) and on the women's side his picks are Venus and Serena... :wavey:

Chance
Apr 6th, 2003, 08:51 AM
thanks Infiniti2001, I guess I should have checked this forum before ;)

Hope you have fun next year as well!

CJ07
Apr 6th, 2003, 09:09 PM
thanks good to see Monica playing well
although injured

joao
Apr 7th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks Infiniti ... I saw the match on tv too (for those who have direct tv it was shown on sunshine network and will be re-shown several times this week) ...

I thought the matches were great too! Especially the doubles match ... great volleyes ... and I was impressed with Novotna too! Very good firm hands ... I remember her handling at the net (twice) huge shots from Venus ...

that was a great move to tell Oracene about Venus' 2nd serve! Next time hopefully you will catch Venus ... :)

jean_genie
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:11 PM
I have Directv and i couldn't find a listing for sunshine channel :( What channel is it :confused:

On my DirectTV it's 632. :wavey:

brickhousesupporter
Apr 8th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Wow sounds like you had a wonderful day Infiniti. Next year you will be able to give Venus that tidbit personally.

Raisin
Apr 8th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Thanks infiniti for your report and I would have loved to there :wavey:

CJ07
Apr 8th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Venus looks great! Any Monica Pictures?

doloresc
Apr 17th, 2003, 01:32 PM
thank you! i'm envious that you met oracene. i admire her so much! :)