PDA

View Full Version : Alicia Forum

kell
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:57 PM
Why is there no Alicia forum in the Tennis Australia section? She seem to have a lot of support here. Who would want an Alicia forum?

Gowza
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:00 PM
i'd want one.

Rtael
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:14 PM
Me!

Kirt12255
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:26 PM
:wavey: Meeee!! But then again I don't think Alicia gets much attention in Australia anyhow. There was no coverage either live or even on the News when she won Hobart grrrr :fiery:

Gowza
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:30 PM
Alicia probably won't ever get much attention in Australia unless she wins a grand slam. or at least makes it to the quarter-finals of one. but even pratt being our #1 doesn't get much attention. the men get all the attention in tennis.

kell
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:37 PM
Alicia probably won't ever get much attention in Australia unless she wins a grand slam. or at least makes it to the quarter-finals of one. but even pratt being our #1 doesn't get much attention. the men get all the attention in tennis.

lol...well, I've kinda put that down to Lleyton being number 1. But then again, the Scud gets more attention that Pratt and Molik combined and so does Arthurs. As for Fed cup, it might as well not exist compared to Davis cup.

Gowza
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:38 PM
oh, totally agree with the fed cup thing. davis cup is all over the place and there isn't even one word about the fed cup.

vs1
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:33 AM
I would totally participate in an Alicia forum.

I think that she doesn't get as much attention in OZ because so many of the recent popular and successful tennis players have been men. We had Pat Rafter who is ultra talented, personable and great looking. And then there's Leyton who has a kind heart and passion on the courts (and he warming up to the Aussie fans, but will never achieve Rafter status (I just saw Pat in Mosman a few weeks ago!!! It was cool!)). Anyhow, Australian women haven't been big names in sports recently. But I think that as they move up the rankings and win more matches and titles, there will be more interest. And that's a very exciting prospect! And Alicia would be a great ambassidor! :D

kell
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:13 AM
Looks like quite a few people would post at an Alicia forum. So how do we make it happen?

Gowza
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:25 AM
for a player to have a forum they have to have a page on WTAstarz. it's a stupid rule but it's there.

kell
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:13 AM
for a player to have a forum they have to have a page on WTAstarz. it's a stupid rule but it's there.

Well that makes things a bit more tricky. How do you get a page for that player?

Gowza
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:35 AM
go to the WTAstarz site which is:

http://www.wtastarz.com/

then on the left on the bottom under 'our network' there is a link called 'create a site'. i'm gueesing you can make one through that link but i'm not sure.

TS
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:51 AM
The reason why there isnt one for Alicia is because no one is prepared to make a site for her...but if someone does, then I'm all for the idea :)

But Im more than happy with the thread we have in the Aussie forum.

keta
Apr 4th, 2003, 06:56 AM
I would post in the Alicia form but i dont think i can comitt to running the whoel web page bye myself, Maybe is a gruop of fans do it it would be easier??
Anyone with any idea's or anythin can PM me! :)

Gowza
Apr 4th, 2003, 07:27 AM
with the webiste you get given all the stats and h2h's and draws which makes it a lot easier.