PDA

View Full Version : Question to fresh2flash...

ys
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:42 PM
Do you by any chance know what happened to www.dementieva.ru? Out of curiosity, I tried it recently, and to my astonishment saw the site exactly the way it looked two years ago.. Except that instead HTML it was just a ( JPG ) screenshot of how it looked before.. That was weird, to say the least. Who is doing that?

Also, you probably remember that there was a forum there, sort of messageboard.. I remember there was one very funny message in there that still puzzles me.. It looked like the person who wrote it, the way it sounded, somehow knew me personally. And I still can't crack that mystery and it bugs me.. I can't think of anyone, whom I'd know personally, who would be RUssian, who would also know me on Internet, and was of any good knowledge of Russian women's tennis.. Do you by any chance have an archive of that forum?

fresh2flash
Apr 4th, 2003, 09:14 AM
Dementieva.ru closed down and more likely for good. The reasons for this (I may say it after two years) were money - simple as that. The guys who gave the money for this (and Lina K) project were forced out of Sport-Express.

I don`t have an archive of the forum. Maybe the webmasters of the SE do, but it is also unlikely.

P.S. I remember you posting on the Dementieva`s board, but I can`t recall the person you refer to, the guy that knew you personally. And I read every message before posting it. ;)

ys
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:03 PM
But who put that bogus in place of old site? And they did it recently..

The message, that I mean was a very uncharacteristic for that messageboard.. It was long, it was funny, it was knowledgeable.. The author named himself something like - "Беглый администратор" (it wasn't you, was it?)..

fresh2flash
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:38 PM
No, беглый администратор wasn`t me. As for the site it`s a good question. I`m not sure. The guys who were forced out of SE are now taking over Sovietsky Sport. I don`t know who have the rights for the official site - SE or them. Maybe they will re-open it.

ys
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:56 AM
So the mystery remains..

I was pretty sure that wasn't you... Because the guy really knew things about me. And from those few dozen of people who could know those things about me, I knew of no one having slightest interest and knowledge of tennis..