PDA

View Full Version : Shame, shame, shame! I left and didn't even say goodbye.

"Topaz"
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:33 PM
Initially, I thought my absence would be just for a short while, but I ended up totally absorbed by new undertakings. Meanwhile, I kept in touch and noticed quite a few things:

Serena's rocket keeps rising higher and higher: she's turned into a big dilemma for all the girls on the tour; everybody is searching for some kind of "Patriot" missile to get to her "Scud", to no avail so far. Carry on, Rena.

Kim is really positioning herself as the next hope: she'll probably take the #2 soon, and even the #1 within a year if Serena falters in one or two slams. Nothing incongruous here, go for it, girl.

Hingis's career is over: a big loss for all-court tennis. In as much as I want to see her back, I'm afraid she won't be, as her problems are both physical and mental. Sad story, given that she used to be the one who never got sick. Nonetheless, I keep a dim light of hope: she's young and Mother Nature does wonder with time.

Venus's thirst for tennis seems to be dying out: she seems to have accepted the dominance of Serena. In sports, once you do that, you lose the mental edge and you start losing to unexpected opponents. But the year is still young. Her performance in the incoming clay season will reveal a lot about her commitment to greatness in tennis. Why this clay season, you may ask? It's because people who just want to get by concentrate only on what (or where) they do well at, while those want to dominate strive to excel on all quadrants (within their field, of course). I remain 100% behind her; she's my #1 fave rain or shine.

Davey is climbing up, now #5: that's inspiring. I wish her all the luck.

Chanda is now an established top 10: I doubt she'll brake into top 5. Yet, keep at it, girl.

Momo, Juju, Monica, Cappy, I'm afraid the current top guns will close the door on them. But they sure are high quality players, always delightful to watch.

Daniela, Myskina, Dokic, Danilidou, let's say there's hope.

I'm still waiting for the new crop of seventeen-year-olds, the new devastating “next wave”, the new DOATS (divas of all tennis surfaces).

Be good, guys, I'll be checking on you from time to time!

TP

Rocketta
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:21 PM
I hope your right about Venus and Welcome Back! :)

tennischick
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:51 AM
nice post TP. i think i agree with every word. :kiss: :wavey:

"Topaz"
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Rocketta and Tennischick, thanks.

1jackson2001
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Very good points mentioned. :)

kell
Apr 4th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Welcome back :wavey: :wavey: