PDA

View Full Version : How will Anna Kournikova do in the Dothan 75K Challenger Event?????

MarcusRock
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:55 PM
It still remains to be seen whether she'll actually show up at this event, but in the event (pun intended) that she does show, how do you think she'll do?

P.S. - This is a serious thread from me but if anyone sees the poster "easy" tell him to come in here and post because his name + avatar is extreme comedy (to me anyways). LOL.

King Lindsay
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:01 PM
Not really a relevant topic for a few weeks. Don't jump the gun.

MarcusRock
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:04 PM
Not really a relevant topic for a few weeks. Don't jump the gun.Then I can count on you to bump this thread then, right? Right.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Arrr.gif"Arrr. That King Lindsay be a fine seaman for the head of my ship. Arrr."

[S@nti]
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:07 PM
I think she will win

Dava
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:09 PM
I think she will make the final, maybe she will even beat Melien when she gets there.

GBFH
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:28 PM
If she plays, she'll make the final...don't think she'll win the event. Honestly, I think her time would be better served playing qualies...but, at this point I'd take anything for her to get her confidence back.

Yak
Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:26 PM
Can't believe some nerds think she'll lose first round! She lost a lot this year but it was to quality players(Husarova, JHH, Safina, Iva) and there is no one in that list(except maybe Irvin or Tu) that could give her a three set match!

GBFH
Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:27 PM
*shrug*
There are just as many haters as lovers over here. Don't let it get to ya ;) Anna wouldn't lose first round.

selesfan87
Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:37 PM
Challengers... I think she'll get to the Semi-Final or Final, but I think she'll b unlucky in the final, and lose in a tight 3 setter.

apoet29
Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:38 PM
If she plays, she'll make the final...don't think she'll win the event. Honestly, I think her time would be better served playing qualies...but, at this point I'd take anything for her to get her confidence back.

Ditto to that!

england_rules
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:50 PM
She'll win!

CJ07
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:56 PM
SF or F

empiremaker03
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:05 PM
This is a serious thread from me but if anyone sees the poster "easy" tell him to come in here and post because his name + avatar is extreme comedy (to me anyways). LOL.

If you were trapped in a grocery store you'd starve to death and you'd trip over a cordless phone...If what you don't know can't hurt you, you're practically invulnerable

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
she shoud win it cause shes 50 million times better then the rest of the players, but somehow i feel she wont win, because its anna :rolleyes:

anna, prove me wrong...

SerialKiller#69
Apr 4th, 2003, 11:51 AM
i think i can trust anna to win this event. i do.

Gowza
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:23 PM
i think she'll reach the final. she may win it but it depends on her attitude. if she has the attitude that she is to good for challengers the if her opponent puts up a fight then i don't think she'll win. but if she is serious about winning the title then she will win it. but her mental game also comes into it. does she have the same problem as in the wta where she can't win a final? we will find out whether her problem is just with the wta or whether it is at any pro level of the game.

bis2806
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:25 PM
anna will continue with her trademark.... that is to attract hunderds of fans and lose in the 1st round.. :rolleyes:

Mattographer
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Some of you guys obviously don't know these low players well or never following any challenger events.

Honestly, I think she lost in the semis depend on how strong in her half draw.

Kirt12255
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Be serious....as she is playing young guns....not a chance while she cares about her Psyche (i.e Hingis/Kournikova vs Stubbs/Raymond....was more concerned about getting a black eye after being hit than playing)

Hingis could play with anyone...but loves the crowd.

Anna needs to play TENNIS and not flit about thinking she is the most beautifull girl in the world....tennis yes....world NO...and it is killing her career.....IMO