PDA

View Full Version : Laura Granville : Something I always wanted to say about her..

Tennisfan-Mtl
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:27 PM
I have to get it out of my chest. I don't like Laura Granville ;) Here's a short explanation. At last year's Canadian Open in Montreal, during the match between Capriati and (Sarah) Taylor, I was sitting right next to Laura (Laura was sitting with another player...but sorry..I didn't know who it was...). During the entire match, Laura was shouting "Let's Go Sarah !" and she kept making fun of Capriati. She was saying things like "Look how fat she looks that bitch"..bla bla bla...I was sort of intrigued but disgusted at the same time. But the worst thing is when the man sitting in front of Laura turned around and started joking with her. The man didn't even know who she was...and at one point, he asked her "Who are you? - Are you from Montreal ?". And she quickly responded "I am a player...you idiot!". I was SHOCKED. She had that spoiled-brat attitude that I simply can't stand.

That is certainly why I always get a BIG kick whenever I see her loosing now.

:)

CJ07
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:28 PM
shes just a normal twenty-something, what do you expect?

shes hot too

Tennisfan-Mtl
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:30 PM
Well, I am a twenty-something...and as far as I can remember...I've never acted this way...;)

DEETHELICK
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:33 PM
She can call Capriati anything she wants.....

BUT when Laura actually wins Slams and reaches No. 1, then we'll talk!!

Go Jen kick some Granville ass soon :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:43 PM
Every time I have ever seen Granville (twice in person and several times on tv), I have never ever seen her smile.

She looks like she's got a big stick up her ass, lol.

leslie
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:53 PM
I shouldn't really judge, but she looks like the type who would do something like that. She looks like a snob and does not have anything to be snobby about. She should not call Jen fat because she looks bigger than Jen so she should talk. That is why Jen kicked her rear end.

selesfan
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:55 PM
I shouldn't really judge, but she looks like the type who would do something like that. She looks like a snob and does not have anything to be snobby about. She should not call Jen fat because she looks bigger than Jen so she should talk. That is why Jen kicked her rear end.
I really don't remmeber what she looks like but I didn't think she was pretty, not that it matters, nobody should be that mean.

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:55 PM
maybe she's having a tough time adjusting? wasn't she a college player that never lost? still, it's no excuse.

leslie
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:01 PM
I really don't remmeber what she looks like but I didn't think she was pretty, not that it matters, nobody should be that mean.

No she is not attractive she always have this look on her face like she is mad with someone. I think it was at the 2001 U.S. open when she was somewhat introduced. She was talking about how great it was to be at the Ash Stadium. She had played in some tournment against Hingis and Hingis beat her. I think she also played Venus at Pilot Pen or Pen Pilot whichever it is and Venus beat, I think she also tried to hit Venus with the ball and Vee gave her a dirty look.

Venus Forever
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:26 PM
I dunno, but I find it hard to believe that she actually said those things.

Iconoclast
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:31 PM
Was the Capriati-Taylor match played after Granville had beat Farina-Elia? She had already taken out Arantxa in the first round, so I could imagine she was on a high when firing off comments like that. Not to defend her, but a sudden boost in confidence may lead some to cockiness.

It's certainly presumptuous to reckon that some random Canadian spectator should be able to identify her from appearances alone.

maccardel
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:57 PM
I've never met her or heard anything about her and the comments like they are unreal. I dunno but I think the author of this thread needs to verify that they are not a capriati fan.

I dunno but those comments sound kinda made up and I figure that the author would have ran to their computer and sqealed like a pig going to the slaughter house if she had really said those nasty comments. I don't like tarnishing someone's image before I actually get to know them.Why wait a year to tell us this?

CJ07
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:00 AM
she is hot? what are you talking about
shes not mega-hot but shes easy-hot

Tennisfan-Mtl
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:23 AM
Sorry to disappoint you maccardel but you can verify all you want, I'm no Capriati fan. You are entitled to your opinion and sarcasm, too.

Still love you buddy :)

Lelu
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:33 AM
An experience like this would make me dislike her, too. She is on my "Alert" list now (like she cares about that....)

Keith
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:37 AM
Laura is not hot. Not at all.

http://www.clgandjrtennis.com/PHOTOS/LauraGranville.jpg

Tennisfan-Mtl
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:51 AM
I was very disappointed. I had seen her play against Pierce at Wimbledon and sort of liked what I saw. That whole experience left a bitter taste in my mouth. Funny how things like these make you change your entire opinion on someone.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:00 AM
OMG LAURA SAID THAT? I talked to her after she lost in the Open last year and she seemed like a very sweet girl. She even posed for a picture, very rare after a loss. I'm not saying you're lying about what she said, but everyone is entitled to their days of acting like an asshole. We've all had them
;) If this were a pattern I'd think otherwise, but I've heard stories of Monica acting like a bitch, so everyone can have an off day in the nice department.

JenCpLvr
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:14 AM
shes just a normal twenty-something, what do you expect?

shes hot too

Are you smoking crack or are you confused? Must be one of the two.

Julian
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:24 AM
Wow I never woulda thought these words coming from such a pokerfaced player! Well I don't like Laura either because she beat Arantxa 2 times last year in straight sets! :p ;) :angel:

Sonja
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:25 AM
I don't like her either. She suggested Amélie was on steroids and that was enough for me. Now all the other stuff I've seen in this thread just supports my initial feeling!

CC
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:26 AM
Yay!:D

Let's hate her! :bounce:

Chance
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:55 AM
lol CC

but after I heard what she said about Amelie... I put her on my alert list too

LeonHart
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:29 AM
:eek: Damn I dun like her now :(

bis2806
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:29 AM
I've never known such hateful words could come out from a Stanford undergraduate.... and furthermore she's an ambassador of that highly elite university... shame on her.... guess i never liked her since i saw her play at the USO or wimby last year i think....

1jackson2001
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:48 AM
Wow I actually kinda liked her (wasn't a fan), but after seeing these comments my feelings for her have gone a complete 180..

1jackson2001
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:32 AM
as well they should...nothing more irritating than a cocky diva who's idea of self is hyped up far more than they really have any right to... :)

oh hell yeah...that's one of the main reasons why I don't like Hingis....actually that IS basically the reason.

Glenn
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:34 AM
What a bitch...
Oh well, I never liked her anyway.

rated_next
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:35 AM
Why does Hingis have to be included in this thread? :rolleyes:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:42 AM
I have to get it out of my chest. I don't like Laura Granville ;) Here's a short explanation. At last year's Canadian Open in Montreal, during the match between Capriati and (Sarah) Taylor, I was sitting right next to Laura (Laura was sitting with another player...but sorry..I didn't know who it was...). During the entire match, Laura was shouting "Let's Go Sarah !" and she kept making fun of Capriati. She was saying things like "Look how fat she looks that bitch"..bla bla bla...I was sort of intrigued but disgusted at the same time. But the worst thing is when the man sitting in front of Laura turned around and started joking with her. The man didn't even know who she was...and at one point, he asked her "Who are you? - Are you from Montreal ?". And she quickly responded "I am a player...you idiot!". I was SHOCKED. She had that spoiled-brat attitude that I simply can't stand.

That is certainly why I always get a BIG kick whenever I see her loosing now.

:)

WOW! What a horrible person

Jeff
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:55 AM
How quick people on this board are to attack or criticize players based on speculation.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:13 AM
How quick people on this board are to attack or criticize players based on speculation.

How is it speculation when the dude was sitting right next to her?! If he read it 'somewhere,' then it would be speculation. Are you just shocked to see that not everybody is daddy's little sweetheart?! I mean, there are a lot of snobby people out there, and just because we are tennis fans doesn't mean that kind of personality is automatically omitted from the tennis world. LOL! Oh, lord, say it isn't so!!!

Crazy Canuck
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:21 AM
That's pretty obnoxious. But people with that attitude can be found in all walks of life, so it shouldn't be all that surprising that your odd tennis player can act like an asshole as well.

And please... age is no excuse. When I act like an asshole, it's because I'm acting like an asshole. Not because "I'm young"

irma
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:27 AM
indeed

it's weird that some people want players to be saints and get upset when there is a story wich says something else;)

btw in the pic above she doesn't look that thin herself so why is she insulting others for being fat ?(not that thin people have a right to do that of course)

Crazy Canuck
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:30 AM
To be fair, maybe she has a reason to not like Jenn. Maybe they have had some encounters in the past in which Jenn did not leave a favourable impression on Laura, hence the nasty comments ;)

Mind you, that doesn't explain the way that she talked to that guy

Mattographer
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:34 AM
What a bitch but I never liked her, anyway ;)

irma
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:37 AM
btw bis
being intelligent doesn't mean that you are nicer then the less intellectual gifted people ;)

moby
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:47 AM
she should get a life!
i mean seriously, she's already twenty-something, she should know how to behave better...

vs1
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:55 AM
I'm not a Granville fan, but I'm a bit alarmed at how easily people on this board change their view based on one person's opinion/story. How people act, how they are perceived and everything in between is complex. Misunderstandings are commonplace...and to just start hating isn't very cool. Maybe Laura had a bad day, maybe she was being sarcastic, maybe it wasn't even Laura! In this day and age, professional figures know the risks of being total "bitches" in public. I don't know. I haven't followed Laura much, but I think I'm going to give her more of a chance before I become a Granville hater. :rolleyes:

Jeff
Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:26 AM
How is it speculation when the dude was sitting right next to her?! If he read it 'somewhere,' then it would be speculation. Are you just shocked to see that not everybody is daddy's little sweetheart?! I mean, there are a lot of snobby people out there, and just because we are tennis fans doesn't mean that kind of personality is automatically omitted from the tennis world. LOL! Oh, lord, say it isn't so!!!

Lol, shut up Mrs. Guga. I think I know what the word speculation means, or I wouldn't have said it. It might be true that he did see Laura, and it might also be true that he didn't...doesn't really matter. I was referring to people like you, who read something once and post comments like "What a horrible person" or "What a bitch" and crap when you didn't even see it or hear it with your own ears or eyes.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:20 AM
People have hated other players for far less than this, so I don't see what people are getting their panties in a bunch over.

Perhaps you shouldn't judge a player based on something that is quoted in an article either, in case it was reported wrong. Or perhaps the person writing the article didn't like that player and decided to make them look as negative as possible, even if it required taking comments out of context. Or maybe they just needed a juicy story and toyed with a few words here and there.

I suppose that we should only make judgements based on what we see and hear with our own eyes, however most of us don't have the privillage of not working or attending school, and just travelling the globe 24/7 to stalk tennis players. Therefore we rely on the eyewitness accounts of tennis reporters and other fans in order to fill what would be an otherwise empty view.

Some of you may not like it, but that's how it is. Oh yes, and we ALL do it :)

1jackson2001
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:50 AM
I'm not a Granville fan, but I'm a bit alarmed at how easily people on this board change their view based on one person's opinion/story. How people act, how they are perceived and everything in between is complex. Misunderstandings are commonplace...and to just start hating isn't very cool. Maybe Laura had a bad day, maybe she was being sarcastic, maybe it wasn't even Laura! In this day and age, professional figures know the risks of being total "bitches" in public. I don't know. I haven't followed Laura much, but I think I'm going to give her more of a chance before I become a Granville hater. :rolleyes:

That's why I said my view on her has turned a complete 180. ;) I don't hate her at all..cuz that would mean I would have had to absolutely love her in the beginning.

I kinda liked her originally..so now I just kinda dislike her. ;)

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:10 AM
What's funny about a thread like this is that I bet the majority of the women on tour are similar to Laura........AND I MEAN THE MAJORITY.

But does that mean we like them any less? Hell no. So Laura said what she said big deal. I am sure there are players that say crap about Granville too.

Hell, I bet when she played for Stanford, the women she faced were probably cattier than the pros she faces today.

So my opinion hasn't changed. I hope Laura continues to do well on tour.

selesfan
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:12 AM

I agree, I wasn't much of a fan to begin with but I am not going to make this story hate her. :)

leslie
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:18 AM
I've never known such hateful words could come out from a Stanford undergraduate.... and furthermore she's an ambassador of that highly elite university... shame on her.... guess i never liked her since i saw her play at the USO or wimby last year i think....

What undergraduate, I do not think she has a degree from Stanford she just played tennis.

Randy H
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:46 AM
I have seen Laura a few times, and I think once I actually saw a small smile come from her - She is definitely not one of the most friendly of players on tour, that's for sure. :o

TatiAnnahølic
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:48 AM
lol Laura rules! :p:cool:

Experimentee
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:59 PM
Probably a lot of normal fans say things like that too, you just dont know them. I can understand why she was cheering for Sarah, they are around the same age and from same country, maybe they are friends, so she was probably just getting over enthusiastic in supporting Sarah. I dont like or dislike Granville but i dont wanna judge her based on this.

Mase
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:24 PM
Thats very, very shady... There should be respect given to players that not only have established themselves in thier sport, but also for players from your own country! I know that sounds too idealistic but hey, in my opinion thats how it should be.........

Keith
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:01 PM
What undergraduate, I do not think she has a degree from Stanford she just played tennis.

I know you think that I pick on you leslie, but my dear, check the definition of the word undergraduate. You seem to think that every tennis player needs an education yet I find it interesting that you do not even know what an undergraduate is.

Keith
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:04 PM
Laura may be a bitch, but I would think that all female tennis players have nasty words about each other. I'm a Jen fan, and if Laura wants to say that, fine. I rip on Jen's opponents sometimes, too. She may have called Jen a fat bitch, but that fat bitch just gave her a bagel last week.

vogus
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:12 PM
I can't let Jakeev's statement go un-challenged. The majority of women on the WTA tour are NOT nasty catty bitches. They are hard-working girls who for the most part respect each other as professionals. Of course there are a few bad apples and sounds like Granville is on the top of the list, but for the most part, no.

There are plenty of stupid people even at schools like Stanford and Harvard. Granville came from college tennis which is a JOKE compared to the WTA, so she probably developed such an attitude because her competition totally sucked. In college tennis there is much less professionalism and respect.

I remember seeing Granville on TV during Wimbledon, and thinking, yuck, a spoiled little white bitch from the suburbs. I was totally unimpressed and rather disappointed since she seems to be a good player.

Tennisfan-Montreal is a credible poster and I do not doubt the authenticity of his story.

MarcusRock
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:53 PM
Like someone in here said, every player has their days. I know of at least 2 that Venus has had. Below is her most recent.

http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/marcusrock/Hans-Venus.gif

Leena
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:01 PM
Hmmm... so Laura is a rude bitch?

She's gained a new fan! :)

sartrista7
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
I can't let Jakeev's statement go un-challenged. The majority of women on the WTA tour are NOT nasty catty bitches. They are hard-working girls who for the most part respect each other as professionals. Of course there are a few bad apples and sounds like Granville is on the top of the list, but for the most part, no.

Oh yes, everyone on the WTA is lovely and friendly and supportive of each other and all is well in their apple-pie world... bullshit. Come on, most working environments are hotbeds of bitchiness, and I'd guess it's even more so in such an ultra-competitive one.

It's worrying how many people here suddenly dislike her after one incident like this. Sure you're following the right sport?

Rising Sun
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:28 PM
So what was the guy's reaction when she called him an idiot? :confused: :p

Tennisfan-Mtl
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:09 PM
So what was the guy's reaction when she called him an idiot? :confused: :p

He sort of had a funny face, looked at his girlfriend and remained silent for the rest of the (pretty short) match ;)

I know some people *might* have doubts about what I wrote and I understand why. But trust me, all I wrote was the pure truth.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:32 PM
You know, I don't understand why it's so hard to understand why this might disgust some people...

I couldn't care less what she calls another player... I don't doubt that many of them talk shit about each other. It's that she apparently called some random tennis fan an "idiot" for not knowing who she is that riles me... that just screams arrogance, but whatever. I'd love her to try that on me someday.. think that I give two shits who Granville is? ;) lol

That said, I'm not about to start rooting against her. I didn't care about her before, and don't now lol

CoryAnnAvants#1
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:39 PM
Vogus, how can you come to the conclusion that Granville is a spoiled bitch by watching her hit groundstrokes against Mary Pierce at Wimbledon? :rolleyes: "Oh her shots have no topspin, what a fucking twat." :o And ENOUGH from the posters who say she doesn't smile or has a stick up her ass. She's not a over the top, emotional fist pumper/screamer/racket thrower. When she wins, she doesn't scream and thrust her arms in the air before blowing kisses to all four corners. Big fucking deal. If she has a stick up her ass, you could say the same about Rubin, Panova, Pistolesi, Farina, henin (for the most part), Seles (for the most part), etc. They interviewed her after her match at Wimby and she seemed like a perfectly nice, intelligent young lady. I talked to her after a loss and she was very nice to met and even posed for a pic. So give the kid a break!

Crazy Canuck
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:44 PM
I promise myself that if a player I like ever calls a tennis fan an "idiot" for not knowing who they are, that I won't find some twisted way to defend them ;)

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:01 PM
Lol, shut up Mrs. Guga. I think I know what the word speculation means, or I wouldn't have said it. It might be true that he did see Laura, and it might also be true that he didn't...doesn't really matter. I was referring to people like you, who read something once and post comments like "What a horrible person" or "What a bitch" and crap when you didn't even see it or hear it with your own ears or eyes.

Shut-up?! LOL! You're real mature. Oh, it's cause you're young, right?! LOL

Well, I choose to take this person's word on it. I would never call someone an idiot if they asked me a question and I would never sit around in a public place calling someone fat and other rude names. Especially in a place where the subject has hundreds of fans. And if she was just joking, I would be able to tell. It is not rocket science to tell the difference in tone of someone joking and someone not. Even if she was, what the fuck kind of joke is that! And guess what dude, I didn't automatically start hating Granville for this. I never cared for her in first place and I will persist in not caring for her. There are probably about 10 players I "care for," that I actually spend time thinking about. And Granville will never be one of them.

And you are referring to people like me, eh?! Well, guess what, people like me make judgements and innocent prejudices EVERYDAY. It is IMPOSSIBLE to not take something, everyday, and form an opinion or a judgement. I am sure there are players you are not particularly a fan of because of things you heard about them or things known to be true. You can't like everyone out there. And if you actually do, well you're just God, aren't you

vogus
Apr 3rd, 2003, 06:41 PM
Allison Bradshaw #1 - I meant, I saw Granville on TV talking in a close-up, in-studio interview, not hitting groundstrokes against what's-her-face. And I was not impressed with her as a person.

Again, most of the girls on the WTA are NOT nasty catty bitches like this.

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:08 PM
Would you like to put a little wager on that vogus? All we have to do is go down the list of the top 100 and I can easily tell you who people think are so bitchy, catty and rude.

The point is, who the hell cares? We are not talking about freakin milk maids here vogus, we are talking about the world's number one professional sport for women.

Not everybody can be cool and collect like Amy Frazier and Chanda Rubing and I bet those two even have bad days.

Sonja
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:55 PM
If someone is rude or slings false accusations or insinuations I'm not going to have a favorable opinion of that player.

Tennis player or not, it doesn't matter. This is a tennis board and I see it perfectly normal to discuss how one feels about a player and why they feel that way.

Above all it's only one person's opinion. Everyone can still form their own. And not everyone will feel the same way.

Lelu
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:57 PM
Well, Jakeev, I usually agree with you, but not this time...

Many fans, including myself, actually do care whether a player is nice or a bitch. In a match, out of the two competitors playing, everything else being equal, I will root for the player who I know or heard is a nice person. I've never been a real fan of Chanda Rubin or Amy Frazier (to use the names from your short list of nice players), but you can be sure that I will root for them if they happen to play Laura Granville.

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:22 PM
No problem Lelu, but I just feel a little bitchiness is good for the game not bad. That's why I loved Helen Kelesi who was one of the original bad girls of tennis.

She wore all of her emotions on her sleeve. I was never on a tennis messageboard in her day (if they even existed), but I am sure she got picked on a lot by posters who felt she wasn't "ladylike" or "friendly" on court.

What I am against is the belief the women cannot show negative emotions on court. Sometimes it's the "bad attitudes" that allows a player to lift her game up when she is down. And sometimes it doesn't.

ptkten
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:28 PM
I'm not saying that it isn't true but I can't believe that because of one person's account everyone on this board, all of a sudden everyone thinks she is the biggest bitch.

As others have said, I have seen at least two interviews with her and she seemed extremely nice and down to earth. Now I'm not saying that because of that I know her well, but I'm going to make my judgements on what I have seen of her and not some account by someone I don't know

And secondly, her and Sarah Taylor are probably very good friends, and I know a lot of people would make fun of the opponent of the person they want to win...I've certainly seen that happen a lot on this board.

Leena
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:30 PM
No problem Lelu, but I just feel a little bitchiness is good for the game not bad. That's why I loved Helen Kelesi who was one of the original bad girls of tennis.

She wore all of her emotions on her sleeve. I was never on a tennis messageboard in her day (if they even existed), but I am sure she got picked on a lot by posters who felt she wasn't "ladylike" or "friendly" on court.

What I am against is the belief the women cannot show negative emotions on court. Sometimes it's the "bad attitudes" that allows a player to lift her game up when she is down. And sometimes it doesn't.
I couldn't agree with this anymore... I don't see why people can't act like themselves.

maccardel
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:38 PM
Sorry to disappoint you maccardel but you can verify all you want, I'm no Capriati fan. You are entitled to your opinion and sarcasm, too.

Still love you buddy :)

I don't like approaching situations like hear say but I do see she plays and looks like Lisa Simpson and she is highly upset at something. I think she looks like an office employee instead of the average tennis player. i couldn't imagine running for two hours around the courts like Kim or Justine. It's just me. I think she is upset cos her at 22 and at the top of the NCAA just hit her that it's not the same as wta top 10......

I'll pay attention to Ms. Granville and see her performance and attitude then I'll make my assesment.....I'll take your word.

Rollo
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:04 AM
50 plus posts posts on Laura "who the hell are you" Granville!
That must be a record on this board for a mid ranked player not named Anna.

I'm with you Jakeev-bring on the bitchs, it makes for more entertainment.

We need more threads like this :devil:

switz
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:09 AM
You know, I don't understand why it's so hard to understand why this might disgust some people...

I couldn't care less what she calls another player... I don't doubt that many of them talk shit about each other. It's that she apparently called some random tennis fan an "idiot" for not knowing who she is that riles me... that just screams arrogance, but whatever. I'd love her to try that on me someday.. think that I give two shits who Granville is? ;) lol

That said, I'm not about to start rooting against her. I didn't care about her before, and don't now lol

again i find myself thinking in exactly the same way as rebecca and I am getting freaked out! Yes it is not very mature for someone to sit in public and mouth off about another player, but the fact is that capriati has a pretty strong reputation for being bitch, so it would be wrong to judge granville purely on those comments, because we don't know what kind of dealings she has had with capriati in the past. but i mean how can you defend someone who would just call a random person she has never met in her life an idiot just because he doesn't know who she was. you can't because it is simply the actions of a spoiled little shit who thinks the world revolves around her. Granville has achieved little in her career and is a very plain looking person who would never stand out in a crowd in my opinion. i also know that tennis fan has a lot of integrity and is not the short of person that would come on this board and create fictitious stories just to slander a player.

to be honest i coould not give a shit what kind of person granville is, because ultimately she is the one who has to live with herself. i also am not worried about the feelings of the guy she called an idiot because judging by the fact that he was joining in granville's bitchiness before she blew up at him, he probably is an moron.

Crazy Canuck
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:11 AM
What I am against is the belief the women cannot show negative emotions on court. Sometimes it's the "bad attitudes" that allows a player to lift her game up when she is down. And sometimes it doesn't.]

I could care less how the women behave on court.. for the most part anyhow. For example, with exception to her yelling at babies incident, I like how Jennifer acts all fired up and "bitchy" on court. I like to see a little attitude from the women.

However, if I was to ever hear her (whether for myself or from a valid resource) caling a tennis fan - who had paid tickets to sit in those seats - an idiot, I assure you that I would withdraw my support.

It's one thing to be fired up and bitchy, it's another thing entirely to be self revolved and pathetic ;)

Crazy Canuck
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:12 AM
to be honest i coould not give a shit what kind of person granville is, because ultimately she is the one who has to live with herself. i also am not worried about the feelings of the guy she called an idiot because judging by the fact that he was joining in granville's bitchiness before she blew up at him, he probably is an moron.

Ha! I hadn't thought about it that way ;) But still... I can't imagine somebody being conceited enough to actually do that... granted, I don't know too many professional athletes personally ;)

Crazy Canuck
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:14 AM
I'm not saying that it isn't true but I can't believe that because of one person's account everyone on this board, all of a sudden everyone thinks she is the biggest bitch.

As others have said, I have seen at least two interviews with her and she seemed extremely nice and down to earth. Now I'm not saying that because of that I know her well, but I'm going to make my judgements on what I have seen of her and not some account by someone I don't know

I'm not saying that it's not true, but I can't believe that because of how she acted in two interviews you have decided that she is very nice and down to earth. Anybody can butter it up for an interview ;)

~ The Leopard ~
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Who is this Lara Garnville that you're all talking about? Is she a player? ;)

switz
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:47 AM
Ha! I hadn't thought about it that way ;) But still... I can't imagine somebody being conceited enough to actually do that... granted, I don't know too many professional athletes personally ;)

oh i am sure that she does not lose any sleep over the way she acts at present, but i believe that eventually these people get what is coming to them in some form eg divorce, people hating them etc - i think i thread like this demonstrates that fact.

brunof
Apr 4th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Goodness. Really too bad. I dunno. Laura never was brought up by the USTA to be great, was she? I was at the Cortec, and there are a few large headed junior-turn pro players there. (Or so it seems) A shame...and the girl just recently got double bageled by Marion Bartoli... ;)

Leena
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:21 AM
You're all so mean to Laura. :sad:

I'm cheering her now. Vamos Laura... #34 now... they can't ignore you for much longer. :)

Jeff
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:32 AM
Shut-up?! LOL! You're real mature. Oh, it's cause you're young, right?! LOL

Well, I choose to take this person's word on it. I would never call someone an idiot if they asked me a question and I would never sit around in a public place calling someone fat and other rude names.

Good to know Mrs. Guga, which is why I find it hard to believe that a player would be sitting in the crowd making loud obscene remarks like that. And like I said, it may be true...but unless I see it on my own, I refuse to believe it. And I could care less what you or anyone else thinks about her, just whenever I see how many comments were being posted about this it made me laugh. How so many people become so passionate about stupid situations.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Apr 4th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Good to know Mrs. Guga, which is why I find it hard to believe that a player would be sitting in the crowd making loud obscene remarks like that. And like I said, it may be true...but unless I see it on my own, I refuse to believe it. And I could care less what you or anyone else thinks about her, just whenever I see how many comments were being posted about this it made me laugh. How so many people become so passionate about stupid situations.

Yeah, my one sentence response was very passionate. LOL!

Well, just know, I would never stoop so low as to call her a derogatory name like "bitch." That word isn't even in my vocab. I think lower of people who just freely call women that. It's just such a bad word to me

switz
Apr 4th, 2003, 02:09 AM
Yeah, my one sentence response was very passionate. LOL!

Well, just know, I would never stoop so low as to call her a derogatory name like "bitch." That word isn't even in my vocab. I think lower of people who just freely call women that. It's just such a bad word to me

i have female golden retreiver who i love and respect, and therefore the word bitch has positive connations for me ;)