1988 French Open- Steffi hits a forehand passing shot winner
1989 Australian Open- Steffi hits a forehand winner
1996 U.S. Open-Steffi hits a volley winner
1997 Wimbledon- Martina Hingis hits a forehand winner passing shot
1998 Wimbledon-Jana Novotna hits a forehand winner passing shot

Im sure there's many more

Keith
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:58 PM
All three of Jen's slams ended with a winner on match point!

2001 Aus - mentioned abovwe
2001 French - Inside out forehand just out of Clijsters reach
2002 Aus - return winner from Hingis' serve. Can't remember if it was forehand or backhand, I think it was a forehand

Gowza
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:59 PM
i thought capriati's winner at AO in 2001 was a down the line forehand in the middle of a rally.

VeniVididVicious
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:00 PM
1997 US Open -- Hingis blisters a forehand volley past Venus Williams.
2002 Australian Open -- Capriati hits a forehand return winner to finish it off.

tennisIlove09
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:00 PM
2001 Australian: Jen hits a backhand winner up the line
2001 French: Jen hits a forehand ripper, wrong footing Clijsters
2002 Australian: Jen hits a crosscourt forehand return winner

spencercarlos
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:30 PM
I have more :devil: I will put all of them i know :)

1990 Usopen: Sabatini hits a forehand passing shot down the line winner to beat Graf.
1991 Wimbledon: Graf hits a forehand crosscourt winner of a weak Gaby´s second serve.
1992 Wimbledon: Graf aces Seles to win.
1993 Australian: Seles hits an inside out forehand off a second serve from Steffi.
1993 Wimbledon: Graf hits an overhead to get past Jana.
1994 Australian Open: Graf hits a return of serve winner.
1995 Australian Open: Pierce hits a backhand crosscourt after a return of serve from Sanchez Vicario.
1996 Usopen: Graf hits a crosscourt dropshot volley to beat Seles.
1997 Australian Open: Hingis hits a forehand down the line, from the backhand corner to past Pierce.
1997 Wimbledon: Hingis hits a forehand crosscourt passing shot to past Jana.
1997 Usopen: Hingis hits an amazing forehand volley to beat Venus, after a seve/volley play.
1998 Wimbledon: Jana return of serve of with her forehand to get a winner down the line to get past Tauziat.
1998 Usopen: Davenport hits a backhand crosscourt off a dropshot from Martina Hingis in a long rally.
2001 Australian: Jennifer hits a backhand return of serve down the line for a winner.
2001 Roland Garros: Jennifer hits a forehand down the line off a short return of serve from Clijsters.
2002 Australian Open: Jennifer hits a forehand crosscourt return of a slice Martina Hingis serve.

Leena
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:41 PM
There's been a lot of them.

And Gabby's forehand at '90 Open was out. Poor officiating. :p

joaco
Apr 2nd, 2003, 11:47 PM
Another one of Graf woould be:
1991: Wimbledon, she hits a return forehand winner from a weak second serve that Gabriela had served.

spencercarlos
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:05 AM
There's been a lot of them.

And Gabby's forehand at '90 Open was out. Poor officiating. :p
It just caught the line Lenna. Don´t make me hate you :p ;)

spencercarlos
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:07 AM
Updated my list i forgot to do after 1990 :p ;)

SerenaSlam
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:09 AM
1997 US Open -- Hingis blisters a forehand volley past Venus Williams.
2002 Australian Open -- Capriati hits a forehand return winner to finish it off.
blisters? more like, venus was in the doubles ally, and martin did a touch volley to the open court?

it kills me when these FAN BIAST people like to overexaggerate just "a lil" :rolleyes:

Alley
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:07 AM
A couple that I remember are 1989 Wimbledon and US Open Finals, Graf aces Navratilova in both.

JustinSteffi
Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:09 AM
1988 Wimbledon.. Graf.. not 1987.. in 87 she lost.

The 1988 final ends with a backhand crosscourt return of serve that clips the net.

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2003, 09:20 AM
1985 French when Evert beat Navratilova with that backhand down the line. I think Evert also beat Jausovec in the 83 French final the same way too. Mandlikova over Martina in the 85 US. Open final......I think it was a volley winner but cannot remember.

propi
Apr 3rd, 2003, 10:49 AM
Didn't Wim'94 finish with a backhand passing from Conchita??

selesfan
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:08 PM
Didn't Wim'94 finish with a backhand passing from Conchita??
She hit so many beautiful passing shots the whole match but I'm not sure of match point.

niratti
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:41 PM
What a very surprise to me that between the Williams, there are 9 titles but none of them finished with a winner :eek: (am I wrong?)

*Marat BigFan*
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:43 PM
How did Mary-Conchita end at RG2000 Final

selesrules
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:49 PM
92 US Open Seles finishes off Sanchez-Vicario with a forehand passing shot winner.
93 Aus Open: Seles finishes off Graf with a inside out forehand return winner.

vancouverite
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:12 PM
Great memory, Jakeev! Yes, Hana Mandlikova hit a diving, backhand volley winner to beat Navratilova in the final of the 1985 US Open... :)

Also...

1989 US Open - Graf hit a second-serve ace past Navratilova on match point.

tennnisfannn
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:15 PM
What a very surprise to me that between the Williams, there are 9 titles but none of them finished with a winner :eek: (am I wrong?)
Interesting indeed, but one winner does not a grandslam win! :drool:

tommyk75
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:19 PM
Petosp, great memory! One correction, though: Martina Hingis hit a FOREHAND winner to finish off Mary Pierce at the Australian Open.

And didn't Martina N hit a forehand passing shot winner past Zina Garrison to win her record ninth Wimbledon? I'm not 100% sure about that.

And for the people who asked: Mary Pierce hit a good serve, and Conchita missed the return to end their French Open final. And Conchita hit a forehand approach shot and Martina N missed the backhand passing shot in their Wimbledon final. I remember thinking it was funny, because that was about the only time Conchita attacked the net in the entire match.

Finally, I have to agree with Leena: Gabriela's forehand pass was OUT in that U.S. Open match. Just my opinion...

baleineau
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:20 PM
conchita won wimbledon after an errant passing shot attempt from navratilova off the backhand side. it was about conchita's third venture to net in the entire match, and she was forced to go in ;)

against pierce at roland garros, conchita's attempted forehand moonball return off a good pierce serve landed well short - too short in fact, because she netted it.

bilal
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:24 PM
How did Mary-Conchita end at RG2000 Final

Conchita's return of serve landed in the net...

Mary raised her arms and I was jumping in my living room! :bounce: :bounce:

spencercarlos
Apr 3rd, 2003, 04:53 PM
Petosp, great memory! One correction, though: Martina Hingis hit a FOREHAND winner to finish off Mary Pierce at the Australian Open.

And didn't Martina N hit a forehand passing shot winner past Zina Garrison to win her record ninth Wimbledon? I'm not 100% sure about that.

And for the people who asked: Mary Pierce hit a good serve, and Conchita missed the return to end their French Open final. And Conchita hit a forehand approach shot and Martina N missed the backhand passing shot in their Wimbledon final. I remember thinking it was funny, because that was about the only time Conchita attacked the net in the entire match.

Finally, I have to agree with Leena: Gabriela's forehand pass was OUT in that U.S. Open match. Just my opinion...
Yes you are right, she was way on the backhand corner but she hit a forehand from there :) i will correct my list :)

About 1990 Wimbledon, Zina hit a lob which sailed long on match point :(

Serendy Willick
Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:22 PM

So their slams are all meaninless because they didnt hit a winner on match point.? :p :confused:

Jakeev
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:13 PM
Yeah that's how old I am vancouverite :sad: hehehe......That was spectacular match too. One of the best US Open finals I had seen.