PDA

View Full Version : Serena Vs Cappy/nasdaq-100 Open

ADVANTAGE-IN
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:03 PM
I saw this match live this weekend. I've seen Serena and Jennifer play a lot on television. I think Jennifers problem is simply Serena. As the match goes on Serena gets better while Jennifer stays at the same level. Also, if you were there at the Nasdaq you would understand why fans of the Williams sisters cry racism so often. The crowd there was very partial to Jennifer. Toward the middle of the third set, when it was clear that Jennifer would lose. A lot of the people got up and walked out.Also, this is my first post here. I was content to read in the past. I would like to start posting now. Please let me know your thoughts.

gourownway
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:59 PM
Were they partial to Jen because she basically grew up in Florida or are you saying they were partial because she is white....

Be careful.

If that's the case then was it the same when it was Jen/Chanda??

selesrules
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:02 PM
I saw this match live this weekend. I've seen Serena and Jennifer play a lot on television. I think Jennifers problem is simply Serena. As the match goes on Serena gets better while Jennifer stays at the same level. Also, if you were there at the Nasdaq you would understand why fans of the Williams sisters cry racism so often. The crowd there was very partial to Jennifer. Toward the middle of the third set, when it was clear that Jennifer would lose. A lot of the people got up and walked out.Also, this is my first post here. I was content to read in the past. I would like to start posting now. Please let me know your thoughts.

First of all, people cheered for Capriati because she's the underdog. Second of all, even Serena's father walks out on their daughters during their matches when either they are about to win or when things aren't going well. Third of all, like gourownway already said, why did people cheer for Chanda against Capriati? Last time I checked Rubin was black too. :rolleyes: Stop looking for racism everywhere. :rolleyes:

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:07 PM
ouch
i totally agree
jen is a very likeable person and everyone recognises that and i think also people want someone other than one of the williams to win so they cheer for the others more it just so happens that it was someone white playin serena.it may have been different if it was venus or chanda playin against serena.i dont think it will help anythin by callin racism at the slightest sniff of somethin you dont like.jen deserves all the cheering she gets!!!!!!!!!! :fiery:

leslie
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:31 PM
That underdog theory does not work when it comes to V/S so stop using it. As I said before 95% of the fans were for her and they also cause her to lose that match by yelling out and making her lose her concentration. You would think her fans should know by now that she has a very low attention span and the slightest noise distract her. So her down fall came from her so call fans. Not only that Jen is very intimidated by Venus and Serena she said it her self. Her words were "They intimidate you".

By the way Venus and Serena pratically grew up in Florida, so what's up with Jen spending most of her life in Florida none of them are born Floridians so that comment in one of the treads about growing up in Flordia is moot. Give it a rest and stop trying to make excuses for the fans racist behaviour.

ADVANTAGE-IN
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:33 PM
Wait a minute!!! I said that I can understand why it can be seen as racism.Those people walked out of the match because they came to watch Serena lose. I did not hear loud booos when balls that Serena hit close to a line were called out. As a matter of fact, if u were in my seat you would've heard the cheers when Serena's close shots were called out.And, for the record Capriati is not a likable person!!!

victory1
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:35 PM
Those people were not Jenn fans, just Williams haters, that's why they walked out.

selesrules
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:39 PM
Wait a minute!!! I said that I can understand why it can be seen as racism.Those people walked out of the match because they came to watch Serena lose. I did not hear loud booos when balls that Serena hit close to a line were called out. As a matter of fact, if u were in my seat you would've heard the cheers when Serena's close shots were called out.And, for the record Capriati is not a likable person!!!

People walk out VERY VERY OFTEN when they realize that the match is over. It's not only when it's the Williams sisters. :rolleyes:

gourownway
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:40 PM
for the record Capriati is not a likable person!!!

Why is that? Because you don't like her?

Everyone on the tour is likeable, they wouldn't have fans if they were not.

You can not base this on one match. I saw them play each other in Los Angeles last year. The crowd was what I would consider evenly divided to a little more on Serena's side. I didn't see many people get up and leave, but then again the third set was close. Maybe fans of both didn't care to see a third set blow out??

So how was the crowd when Serena played Kim??? Did they all cheer for kim and leave during the second set when they figured she wasn't going to pull it out?

ADVANTAGE-IN
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:46 PM
What a stupid thing to say!! Everyone on the tour is not likeable!! Jennifer is not likeable because she spends more time cursing, and arguing line calls than winning matches!!

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:49 PM
i myself am black and i wud b the first person to cry racism IF IT WAS THERE which it so blatently wasnt.i dont see y people blame racism for everything that they dont like or that doesnt go their way. as for jen not being a likeable person that is a load of bull.wot about all those people she has helped like that man who had cancer and was dying she invited him to everyone of her matches and even dedicated her win to him.wen was the last time serena did anything remotely like that.jen is a nicer person so its not surprising she has more fans and serena is so up herself that im not surprised people boo her.if i was there i wud too!!! :fiery:

JCAP
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:02 PM
Racism,Racism,Racism :rolleyes: :rolleyes: *yawn*yawn*

ADVANTAGE-IN what can i say AHOLE comes to mind :p ;)
Jen not a likeable person OK :rolleyes: :fiery: :fiery:

ADVANTAGE-IN
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:04 PM
"JEN IS GOD" so i expect that u will search deep to justify your god. Well, let's just say that "Jen isn't likeable when she is on the tennis court". does that sound o.k?? i expect u to be as partial as everyone else who is a fan of Jennifers. But really this is starting to bore me. I never intended for this thread to become a racial debate or an attack on Jennifers character. Don't reply!! Peace!!

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:10 PM
so when ur in a stressful cricial match that is not goin too well you wud b nice as pie wud u?yeh thought not.she is not nasty on court she just mite not b uber friendly because she is concentrating.just get off her back ok!?!u never answered my question when was the last time serena did anything like what jen has done so just go jump!

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:12 PM
no wonder you turnd your reputation points of u stupid twat

london64
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:12 PM
I agree. How many times have you seen football, baseball or other professional sporting games where fans have walked out before the end. It happens all the time. Why should tennis be any different. I do believe Jennifer is very likeable. I think there are many who feel like they can relate to her. They want to see her succeed and be happy. And to see that smile :D

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:15 PM
i myself am black and i wud b the first person to cry racism IF IT WAS THERE which it so blatently wasnt.i dont see y people blame racism for everything that they dont like or that doesnt go their way. as for jen not being a likeable person that is a load of bull.wot about all those people she has helped like that man who had cancer and was dying she invited him to everyone of her matches and even dedicated her win to him.wen was the last time serena did anything remotely like that.jen is a nicer person so its not surprising she has more fans and serena is so up herself that im not surprised people boo her.if i was there i wud too!!! :fiery:

Why dont you do yourself a favor and actually look at what Serena has done and pull your head out of your arse. :fiery: Serena has done many things for the community. I guess that 10,000 that she gave to the Claridon school district and the tennis clinic that she gave while at the Family Circle Cup last year was just Serena "being so up on herself" :rolleyes: I guess her trying to raise money for the OWL foundation by participating in the annual tennis matches and helping to raise money elsewhere is just her being so up on herself too rigggght :rolleyes: I guess she is sooo up on herself that she decided to help Tom Joyners College foundation along with her sister too. :rolleyes: Oh in fact she is soo up on herself that she didnt even know that she helped a young fan with Cancer too by meeting her and letting her hang around during the US Open 2001 for the Make a-wish foundation. Thats Serena "so up on herself" :rolleyes:

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:16 PM
well said london64 i am one of those people that feel i can relate to her situation when she was growing up and i take personal offence when ppl diss her after everythin she has done.maybe u shud go somewhere else and bitch cos ur fave person is a stuck up cow advantage in.ur a loser
hi london 64 :wavey:

vw43
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:16 PM
ADVANTAGE IN - This was not a good choice for a topic on your first post, sweetie ;)

I think some of the responses to your thread were a little erm..aggressive..so then you responded in an aggressive way but I agree with your original point.

Serena is able to raise her level of play while Jennifer cannot or does not.

Jennifer and Serena are both likeable people, imo. I'm sure some of the crowd wanted Jenny to win because she is white, some wanted Serena to win because she is black, some wanted Jen to win because she was the underdog..etc..etc..

Jen should learn to use the crowd as her weapon instead of acting like she's completely annoyed with them.. :o

Anyway - don't let this turn you off from posting - perhaps, you should just try to ease into things a bit slower...lol.. :wavey:

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:19 PM
o im sorry i suppose it is only natural for you to defend ur girlfriend isnt it.y dont u just stick 2 ur own little bit of the forum then u wudnt hav 2 get ur panties up in a bunch. :fiery:

london64
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:23 PM
hi to you too :wavey:

Jennifer is human. We can all relate to that. Mistakes and all. She's the greatest. I hope she keeps on smiling !

vw43
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:28 PM
o im sorry i suppose it is only natural for you to defend ur girlfriend isnt it.y dont u just stick 2 ur own little bit of the forum then u wudnt hav 2 get ur panties up in a bunch. :fiery:

Umm...hmph... :confused:

JCAP
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:35 PM
Luci :mad: :fiery: *annoying*
Hi there to all are Happy Cappy Campers
London64 and Abby :wavey: :kiss: :wavey: :kiss:

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:35 PM
sorry vw43 not aimed at you in any way!!!
i realise the quality of this post has somewhat deteriorated but i get frustrated wen ppl bag on jen all the time.
sorry again :o

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:39 PM
Luci :mad: :fiery: *annoying*
Hi there to all are Happy Cappy Campers
London64 and Abby :wavey: :kiss: :wavey: :kiss:

How is my truthful post annoying :devil: :devil:? Becuase it isnt what you want to hear? I'm just defending my fave just like you are doing yours. :o

vw43
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:40 PM
Okay :D

Jennifer is my fave player but I really enjoy Serena as well. I love their rivalry and hope that things can sway in Jen's favor soon.

However, I would not be suprised if Serena went undefeated for the season and that prospect does not bore me at all.. ;)

:wavey:

JCAP
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:47 PM
i no your just sticking up for Serena Luci but people are constantly slagging Jen for no bloody reason i think this thread is a PERFECT example :eek: :rolleyes: :p ;)

persond
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:51 PM
sorry vw43 not aimed at you in any way!!!
i realise the quality of this post has somewhat deteriorated but i get frustrated wen ppl bag on jen all the time.
sorry again :o

:cool: Are you really "that stupid" or are you just "pretending"??????? :eek: :eek:

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:52 PM
i no your just sticking up for Serena Luci but people are constantly slagging Jen for no bloody reason i think this thread is a PERFECT example :eek: :rolleyes: :p ;)

Well maybe you can direct your fiery signs and angry at the person that is slagging Jen. I'm just responding to person that was so busy to claim that Serena was "stuck up on herself" and deserved to be booed. :rolleyes: ;)

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:54 PM
dam rite lisa :wavey:
people always bag on her maybe becos of her past or maybe bcos they just dont like her but she is a truly nice person and i dont no y people cant see that.i dont c y ppl cant get on and respect other ppls opinions instead of slagging them off for no reason.and the line calls werent her fault

gourownway
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:56 PM
Why dont you do yourself a favor and actually look at what Serena has done and pull your head out of your arse. :fiery: Serena has done many things for the community. I guess that 10,000 that she gave to the Claridon school district and the tennis clinic that she gave while at the Family Circle Cup last year was just Serena "being so up on herself" :rolleyes: I guess her trying to raise money for the OWL foundation by participating in the annual tennis matches and helping to raise money elsewhere is just her being so up on herself too rigggght :rolleyes: I guess she is sooo up on herself that she decided to help Tom Joyners College foundation along with her sister too. :rolleyes: Oh in fact she is soo up on herself that she didnt even know that she helped a young fan with Cancer too by meeting her and letting her hang around during the US Open 2001 for the Make a-wish foundation. Thats Serena "so up on herself" :rolleyes:

Very good point. I think most of the players on tour who are in a position to help, do so.

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:57 PM
excuse me persond????
wot the hell are you talkin about i was apologising to a person that i didnt want to offend but i may have.you no its the polite thing to do

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:58 PM
excuse me persond????
wot the hell are you talkin about i was apologising to a person that i didnt want to offend but i may have.you no its the polite thing to do and luci us cappy fans stick together so dont bag on one if u dont want the rest

JCAP
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:59 PM
Well personally i dont think its right for any players to get booed they were to damn hard for all that shit! I dont care if its Jen are Serena NO One I mean no one deserves that! Jen has a short temper (a bit like myself ;) ) But when people are souting from the crowd "Get mad Jen" that dosent really help does it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

leslie
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:00 PM
well said london64 i am one of those people that feel i can relate to her situation when she was growing up and i take personal offence when ppl diss her after everythin she has done.maybe u shud go somewhere else and bitch cos ur fave person is a stuck up cow advantage in.ur a loser
hi london 64 :wavey:

I have to say I am a staunch V/S fan. And I am really beginning to like Jen. I truly felt sorry for her during that match with Terror Fabulous; I wanted Serena to win and I wanted Jen to win but that was impossible. Ofcourse, if Jen was playing anyone else I would be behind her 100% and I never use to be behind her but for some reason after that match on Saturday I find myself liking her more. She really fought hard in the 1st and 2nd set of the match when the 2nd set was 5-4 and she was walking to the chair she was really happy but after she lost the second set she just went down hill and stop fighting. I think Jen is the type of person that grows on you as time goes on. Ofcourse, I will root for her whenever she is playing anyone else other that a Williams.

Now to Jen's situation when she was growing up, I was going to blast you on that one but I am trying to be empathic towards Jen and place myself in her position as a young teenager and try to experience what she went through and why she went through those rough times but I am finding it very hard to do. What I can do is only understand what she was going through. Having to support her family at such a young age, and the pressure the media and parents put on her can really do a job on a young person. Even now when Jen is in a pressured sitution she falls apart. I can only attribute what she went through to not having strong family support. I think she has that now but the damage is already done. Good luck next time Jen.

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:04 PM
that was really nice leslie thanx :wavey:

JCAP
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:06 PM
abby totally right all us Jenators fans stick together :kiss:
Leslie what you said is all so true :eek:

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:10 PM
excuse me persond????
wot the hell are you talkin about i was apologising to a person that i didnt want to offend but i may have.you no its the polite thing to do and luci us cappy fans stick together so dont bag on one if u dont want the rest

What in the hell does you being Cappy "fans" and sticking together have to do with my post? I'm not the one that started this thread, so shove it.

JCAP
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:12 PM
Ehhh like chill out Luci :eek: ;) :p :rolleyes:

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:13 PM
well luci u werent exactly bein uber friendly to lisa(jcap)

JCAP
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:14 PM
cheers abby :wavey: :kiss:

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:18 PM
well luci u werent exactly bein uber friendly to lisa(jcap)

I wasnt being uberfrendly? :rolleyes: How was I not being uberfreindly by correcting a very demening post about Serena? Saying she deserved to be booed because she is so "stuck on herself" I just made my own post pointing out the many things that Serena has done to help whichever communites and/or people involved which shuts up the notion that Serena is so "stuck on herself" :mad: Your Friend Lisa (or JCap) came with nothing but fiery and made monikers. How is that not being uberfriendly?

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:24 PM
u dint hav 2 bite her friggin head off tho she is just stickin up 4 her fave playa just like u!!!

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:25 PM
I guess biting her head off is telling her to direct her angry signs and fiery monikers and direct them to the person that she feels is slagging Jennifer, I dont think so.

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:29 PM
just give it a rest she dint do anythin wrong in anyones eyes except ur own.she was stickin up 4 jen and got caught in the cross fire as it were.
hey lisa :wavey:

JCAP
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:40 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: *running for cover* ;)

hey Abby hows it goin?

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:43 PM
Give yourself a rest, I'm not :o caring at all. She made her point and I fucking made mine end of discussion.

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:45 PM
not too bad thanx lisa sorry you got caught up in all that but wot can i say some ppl dont wana admit theyre wrong.hows u?
abbyxxx

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:48 PM
I did not do anything wrong, and maybe you should practice what you preach considering you were the one that made the rediculous post about Serena in the first place.

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:53 PM
fair enough i was wrong to have said that but u were too.i dont care wot u say jen is a nice person.

ADVANTAGE-IN
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:59 PM
Sorry!! I was out to lunch. I am too mature for name-calling. So i will not respond to those who called me names. But I will say "lighten up u morons" lol!! I am in no way racist, but let's face it Capriati is far from an accomplished player. Her results aren't great. I judge the greats according to how they perform when facing the greats. So far she is failing. Her attitude sucks, and if Serena or Venus had 40% of her on court attitude, trust me the wta and the rest of the racist fans around the world would have a lot to say. And, I am not afraid of the little comments that these Jennifer lovers have to post, whatever u have to say will continue to mean nothing until she starts to win some tournaments.Jennifer is quite overrated, but u will never see it because u can't seperate your love for her and her results. Peace!!

*abby*
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:05 PM
jens not an accomplished player???thatll b y shes in the top 5 then.thatll also b a result of all her poor results i suppose.wot about the tournaments she won in 2001-2002???

ADVANTAGE-IN
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:11 PM
jens not an accomplished player???thatll b y shes in the top 5 then.thatll also b a result of all her poor results i suppose.wot about the tournaments she won in 2001-2002???

C'mon!! She's won maybe 3 tournaments in the past 3 years. Consistantly losing to people ranked well below her.

Serendy Willick
Apr 2nd, 2003, 08:14 PM
fair enough i was wrong to have said that but u were too.i dont care wot u say jen is a nice person.

Umm, I hate to break this to you but I could care less if Jennifer Capriati is on the moon or on a tennis court. She is just another opponent to my fave. Where in any post did I say anything about whether or not Jennifer was a nice person. I dont love her nor do I hate her, so I cant judge her on whether she is nice or not. :)

1jackson2001
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:20 PM
Why so much cheering for Jen?...Because it was Jen's birthday. ;)

I'm starting to like Jen more and more...she looks beautiful in the interviews when she lets her hair down. :D

Go Jen!

jenny161185
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:42 PM
give jen a break she made the Miami finals has won three slams and an olympic gold medal--- yeah she is over rated? :rolleyes: