PDA

View Full Version : What does Anna need to improve to get her game back on track?

Dava
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:41 PM
????

cooolconchita
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:43 PM
Sort her serve out - play week in - week out, whether GS or Tier III,
only match play will get her back to where she once was - although personally, I think even top 15 is beyond her now. :sad:

apoet29
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:07 PM
Well, her match last night demonstrates the desire is there, which is really good to see.

However, according to the newspaper and Scott Holland's report, Anna really needs to work on her serve, especially her second serve. I have no idea why her serve is so bad since she and Harold have been working on it for close to a year now.

caramel
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:40 PM
LOL... everyone is voting for her serve. :devil: Maybe I can give her my serve and in return I would like to get her look. :) Nooooooo... just kidding. :o

auntie janie
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:46 PM
1) her super-fragile nerves
Anna used to have trouble closing out a final. Then it became semifinals. Now it is hard for her to close out any match or even any SET, unless the opponent is EVEN MORE nervous.

2) her serve

3) her oncourt smarts

4) her forehand when under pressure (see 1)

Volcana
Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:49 PM
A brain transplant

caramel
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:12 PM
A brain transplant

OMG :o

Rocketta
Apr 2nd, 2003, 06:58 PM
1) her super-fragile nerves
Anna used to have trouble closing out a final. Then it became semifinals. Now it is hard for her to close out any match or even any SET, unless the opponent is EVEN MORE nervous.

2) her serve

3) her oncourt smarts

4) her forehand when under pressure (see 1)

This is exactly what I was going to say! Her nerves are shot! She does not have a good one left. :) She needs to talk to a zen master or something but she needs help with her nerves.

TatiAnnah°lic
Apr 2nd, 2003, 07:09 PM
Serve,serve,serve... and as always the fuck!ng serve. If she served good she would have the confidence she needs to win.

And Volcana i think you are the one who needs the transplant :rolleyes:

Volcana
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:07 PM
AKFan#1 - Maybe. But if you really look at it, there's not one thing wrong with Anna's PHYSICAL game, even her serve, which keeps her out of the top 30. Not one thing. She runs fast, can smack it pretty it, and is a deft volleyer.

Mentally, she has no idea how to put all that talent together in order to win. Be realistic. Who has better physical tennis tools, Iva Majoli or Anna? Not that we get to do this, but imagine Anna with Martina Hingis' brain. Pretty devastating player wouldn't you say?

Dava
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:09 PM
I agree Volcana, but its something in Anna's mind, its like she cant dominate a match. I;ve seen her play Serena, Jelena and Monica recently, and she played well, even though she lost. When she plays someone who she could beat in her sleep she crumbled to pieces.

WhatTheDeuce
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:40 PM
SERVE and nerves

▀coene
Apr 3rd, 2003, 12:18 PM
Serve

Darop.
Apr 3rd, 2003, 02:30 PM
well, obviously anna needs to have a better serve to have some free points, but her ground strokes aren't that bad at all,i liked the way she played in the kremlin cup last year against mikaelian.